Annual Truckee Wine Walk – 2017
Fall is in the air, temperatures have dropped, and it is time for the 14th Annual Truckee Wine Walk – 2017, today Saturday, October 7, 2017.
If you’re headed to the annual Truckee Wine Walk today you should dress in layers and be prepared to be warm in the sunshine, but it also means that you’ll want a light jacket, or sweater for the shade so you’ll be comfortable all day long in Truckee as you sip wine, sample food and shop!
Event planners expecting around 1,000 wine lovers to attend this years’ Downtown Truckee Wine Walk and Shop event.
Those that go will enjoy being in historic Downtown Truckee and they will get the chance to sample some great wines, food from local restaurants and caterers, along with a wonderful day of shopping.
This year Truckee Wine Walk and Shop attendees will receive a commemorative wine glass to sample wine at more than 30 venues.
In addition to the commemorative wine glass and unlimited wine samples, you’ll also get, five (5) food tickets, and a program with a map to all participating venues in the downtown Truckee area with your ticket purchase.
Yes, non-drinkers are welcome too, and if you’re a designated driver, you’ll get five (5) food tickets and complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and a program map to make your day fun too!
Each year the Annual Truckee Wine Walk event has partnered with a local charity and will donate a portion of the proceeds. Over the past fourteen years over $26,000 has been donated to local non-profit groups.
What a great way to have fun and support the community and all you have to do is buy a Downtown Truckee Wine Walk ticket!
Here are the event details:
Downtown Truckee Annual Wine Walk
- When: Saturday, October 7, 2017, Starting at Noon to 4 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Commercial Row in Truckee, California
- Check in: Parking lot just west of the Truckee Train Station Depot – check in begins at 11 a.m.
- Cost: $45/ticket day of event – CASH only on day of event. www.TruckeeWineWalk.com. Must be 21+ Years of age for wine sampling. Don’t forget to bring your ID!
- Designated Driver Tickets are $10/ticket.
Transportation: A day of wine sampling can be a lot of fun, but don’t forget to be safe and make sure you have a designated driver, or have arranged for a ride home. You’ll find a number of safe, free rides to and from the Truckee event. Check out the events’ website for more information www.TruckeeWineWalk.com
So here are few of my wine walking tips to make the most of the upcoming Downtown Truckee Wine Walk:
- Dress in layers, and wear comfortable shoes.
- Eat a good breakfast, and bring along a bottle of water.
- Pace yourself. Sip, don’t guzzle. You’ll have four hours of drinking, eating, and walking ahead of you at an elevation of 6,200+ feet above sea level, so it can take a toll on your body.
- It’s okay to stop for meal if you aren’t finding enough to eat with your food tickets.
- If your group won’t slow down for a sit-down meal, call and place a to-go order at one of the local restaurants that is open for lunch. Trust me on this one, your friends will be impressed on how well organized your are, and they will wonder why they also didn’t place a food order to go too! It’s a win-win for everyone, you’ll have something to eat, and won’t lose any wine tasting time in the process.
- It’s okay if you don’t make it to each tasting station. It’s not a race, and no one is judging your performance, so move along at your own speed, and remind everyone this is not a speed walking event.
- Savory the moment and experience. Most do the wine walk with friends, so this is a time to celebrate the changing of seasons, and a time to just be together. Be silly, have fun, find something outrageous to buy, and take selfies!
Get out and enjoy Tahoe this weekend at the 14th Annual Truckee Wine, Walk and Shop event in Downtown Historic Truckee, CA this Saturday, October 7, 2017!
$1,049,000 : 970 Northstar Drive #210, Truckee3 beds, 3 baths
$1,099,000 : 4001 Northstar Drive #108, Truckee3 beds, 3 baths
$1,100,000 : 3001 Northstar Drive #301, Truckee3 beds, 3 baths
$1,125,000 : 4101 Lake Tahoe Boulevard #221, South Lake Tahoe2 beds, 2 baths
$1,125,000 : 4101 Lake Tahoe Boulevard #219, South Lake Tahoe2 beds, 2 baths
See all Luxury Condos for Sale in Lake Tahoe - Truckee.
(all data current as of 12/14/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Tahoe City, California.
Annual Truckee Wine Walk – 2017