Time Change – Fall Back Sunday November 5 2017
It’s that time of year, everything and anything pumpkin, leaves falling off the trees, colder temperatures, and our semi-annual time change!
Did you remember that tonight is the time change – Fall Back Sunday, November 5, 2017?
It feels like we just did the time change of Springing forward, and now it’s time to Fall back.
It’s true, the older you become the faster time seems to pass by and once again we need to change our clocks. So before you go to bed, you’ll need to remember to set back any clock you have back one hour!
Not only will I update all of our clocks to the correct time later today, I’ll also take care of the following items:
- Change clocks in our home, office and cars (turn back one hour).
- Replace out all of our older smoke alarms (new ones have the battery good for 10 years)
- Check all carbon monoxide alarms/detectors to make sure they are still working
- Fire extinguishers (check to make sure they haven’t been moved and/or damaged)
- Any security device or item that uses a battery and is wireless (security cameras, video door bells, exterior/interior lights)
- All Flashlights (working, extra batteries), candles, matches, lighters, short-term lighting devices
- Back-up charger device for cell phones/lap tops (if they have a solar option for re-charging that’s always a bonus)
- Canned goods/emergency food supplies (we’ve been pretty good about rotating our inventory, but it’s time to have more items on hand)
For those not as familiar with the Lake Tahoe – Tahoe City – Truckee areas some of our important utility lines (electric, cable, phone) are located above ground, and several times a year the power will go out.
Last year the power for us went out almost two weeks. The longest was almost five (5) days before it came back on for a day, and then went back out less than 24 hours for several more days in a row because of our extreme winter snow storms that took down many trees and power lines with them.
We were okay, and we were prepared to tough it out during extreme weather conditions, so now before the next winter season starts, I’ll make sure we’re ready to go!
Take advantage of this timely reminder to not only change your clocks, but to keep do some routine safety checks, along with taking care of your final fall/winter home preparation!
Upcoming future dates to keep in mind:
- Next time Change: Sunday, March 11, 2018 – 126 days (Spring Forward and Lose One Hour)
- Shortest Day of the Year: Thursday, December 21, 2017 Winter Solstice – 46 days
- New Year’s Day 2017 – 57 days from November 6, 2016
- Longest Day of the Year 2017 – Thursday, June 21, 2018, 228 days – Summer Solstice
So before the year is gone, make a list of things you’d like to accomplish in the next few months. Short term goals are more attainable, and are the building blocks to achieving larger, long-term goals.
If you live in the greater North Lake Tahoe – Tahoe City area, it’s time to set your clocks back this Sunday, November 5, 2017, and if you forgot, it’s time to do it right now!
$575,000 : 135 Talmont Circle, Tahoe City3 beds, 2 baths
$599,000 : 885 SnowShoe Road, Tahoe City2 beds, 1.5 baths
$639,000 : 232 Shoreview Drive, Tahoe City3 beds, 2 baths
$649,000 : 1590 West Lake Boulevard, Tahoe City2 beds, 2 baths
$650,000 : 495 Club Drive, Tahoe City3 beds, 3 baths
See all Homes for sale in Tahoe City, CA.
(all data current as of 11/21/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, Tahoe City, California.
Time Change – Fall Back Sunday November 6 2016