Tahoe City Food and Wine Classic 2018
Summer fun has begun in the Tahoe City area!
This Saturday, June 16 the Tahoe City Food and Wine Classic 2018 will take place between 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.!
You may remember this event as the annual Tahoe City Wine Walk. This year it has an updated name, starting time, and pre-event on Friday evening.
This weekend is the beginning of several summer events here in the North Lake Tahoe area.
It’s a great way to jump-start your summer events schedule and a way to celebrate the Summer Solstice, and enjoy the summer music concerts on Commons Beach!
The Tahoe City Food and Wine Classic event continues to grow, and is a sell out each year, so if you don’t already have your tickets, it may be too late, so check out their website for the latest information.
If you enjoy shopping, wine tasting and being in downtown Tahoe City, then this is the perfect event for you in beautiful Lake Tahoe!
Over the past few years this has been an event to be at. The Tahoe City Annual Wine Walk this year will be held on Saturday, June 16, 2018.
If you’re planning your summer/late summer early Fall schedule, then you’ll want to be here in Tahoe City to start things off, and then put on your calendar the Annual Truckee Wine Walk event, which will happen on October 6, 2018 to close out the summer season.
Between the two wine walk events your summer and early fall will happen. I call it about 112 days of fun here in North Lake Tahoe – Truckee!
Sunny days, warmer temperatures, and all best of Tahoe living that the North Lake Tahoe area has to offer.
This year starting at 1 p.m. (please note the later starting time), there will be over thirty (30) different wineries, plus different food tasting locations set-up through-out the downtown area of Tahoe City from some of the area’s best restaurants and caters.
You don’t have to be a “Foodie” or a “Shopper” to enjoy sampling fine beverages, along with ducking into our local shops.
You’ll want to take advantage of this years’ event specials, sip, sample, and learn more about being in downtown Tahoe City, California!
Last year over 800+ Tahoe City Wine Walkers enjoyed this great event!
I can tell you from personal experience it’s a lot of fun to go to this event and this year I’ll be a volunteer, so I’ll get to experience this event from both sides – the set-up and start and then after our shift is over, we’ll get to join everyone in the fun.
The downtown Tahoe City area is a wonderful place to visit, and the annual wine walk is a fun event to remind you why we love living here in the North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area!
Annual Tahoe City Food and Wine Classic 2018
- When: Saturday, June 16, 2018, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Ticket Prices: $45 in advanced, or $50 (cash only) on the day of the event (this event may have already sold out, so check out their website to get the latest information update), $20/designated driver (food only). This event always sells out early.
- Ticket price includes: admission, commemorative wine glass, wine tasting, bite-sized food tasting and music.
- Tickets can be purchased on-line at www.TahoeCityWineWalk.com until 5 p.m. on Friday, June 15, 2018. If this event has sold out, the website will have that information.
- Starting location – downtown Tahoe City, California. Check in at either one of two locations:
- North Lake Tahoe Visitor’s Center, 100 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA
- Boatworks Mall, 760 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA
- Bring your Identification! Must be 21+ Years in order to do the walk.
- Early Check-in – New this year pick-up your wine glass early at Cafe Zenon (Located at the Tahoe City Golf Course Club House) and enjoy a glass of wine, apps, and get in the wine and food classic mood the night before!
The Tahoe City Wine Walk is a fundraiser for the Tahoe City Downtown Association and this non-profit organization has the goal to enhance and promote the downtown area and make it a great place for visitors and residents to enjoy!
If you haven’t been to this event before, here are my Tahoe City Food and Wine participant tips from past years that will help you really enjoy the event:
1) Comfortable Shoes – Ditch the pretty shoes, only wear comfortable walking shoes or sandals! By the time the day is over you will easily have walked between 1 -2 miles if you hit every station.
You’ll either start down at the North Lake Tahoe Visitors Center and end up at the Boat Works Mall, or do the reverse. You will zig and zag, cross the street, and/or double back, so you’ll get your exercise in for the day.
You will see Tahoe City from end-to-end! Smart, sensible, comfortable foot fashion is what will win the day here!
2) Designated Driver – Plan ahead and have a designated driver, or just call a cab, or Uber to start your trip off right. Other options: The bus TART (Tahoe Area Rapid Transit), a friend, or walking.
No bikes. Riding a bike while intoxicated can be just as dangerous as driving a car, and you can be ticketed for it.
3) Wear Layers & Sunscreen -. The weather forecast is for sunny, clear skies, but the high for Saturday is only expected to be in the 60’s, so dress in layers! You’ll be outside for 4+ hours, and in the sun it will feel warm, but in the shade, or if there is a wind, it will feel cool/cold. Be prepared for a day in the sun, but always be prepared in case the weather cools down!
4) Hydrate – Drink plenty of water as you go along the way! It’s fun to sample the wine, but before you know it the day will have slipped by, so hydrate as you move from stop to stop.
5) Pace Yourself – Pacing is the key to a great Tahoe City Food and Wine event.
Remember you’re doing the Tahoe City Food and Wine Event at an elevation of 6,200+ feet above sea level, so pace yourself! Grab a seat whenever possible, drink plenty of water, don’t get too much sun on yourself, and take it easy. You’ll want to enjoy the free Commons Beach outdoor music concert on Sunday here in North Lake Tahoe!
The Tahoe City Annual Food and Wine event is a great reason to come up to Tahoe City, California, and start your summer off right! Call your friends and come to the Lake!
See you at the Tahoe City Food and Wine Walk event in Downtown Tahoe City this Saturday, June 16, 2018!
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
Tahoe City Food and Wine Classic 2018