Fireworks in Tahoe City, Friday, July 4th, 2014
The Tahoe City fireworks display will take place over Lake Tahoe so you can watch from the fireworks from the beach, or bring your boat and watch the show on Lake Tahoe.
If you don’t want to drive your own boat, but would love to watch the fireworks from the lake consider taking the Tahoe Gal 4th of July fireworks cruise. The Tahoe Gal sells out each year for this local 4th of July event, and tickets are limited so call now for reservations 800.218.2464.
If you have a view of the downtown Tahoe City area you can also view the Tahoe City fireworks show from a distance.
We’ve done that in the past. We were too late to get to Commons Beach in Tahoe City so we headed down the West Shore to find a place to park where we could see the fireworks. One good area is along Hurricane Bay (about 3-4 miles from downtown Tahoe City) . From here you can see the Tahoe City fireworks show. While it’s not as fun as being right under the fireworks show, there is something to be said about watching the 4th of July fireworks from your car, with popcorn while wearing your PJ’s!
Here are some other events taking place here in greater Tahoe City area over the weekend and during the summer:
- Bluesday at Squaw Valley, Every Tuesday through the end of August Starting at 6 p.m. at the Village at Squaw Valley
- Beach Party and Fireworks Celebration: Thursday, July 3, 2014, 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Beach Party and Fireworks at the North Tahoe Event Center and Kings Beach State Recreation Area – 8318 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, CA 96143 For more information check out www.NorthTahoeBusiness.org or call 530.546.9000
- Run to the Beach 5K and 10K Run from the North Regional Park in Tahoe Vista to the “Big” beach in Kings Beach. For more information on the run www.TahoeTrailRunning.com
- Beth Weber Arts & Crafts Fair – Thursday, July 3 through Sunday July 6, 2014 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kings Beach State Recreational Area – 8318 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, CA. This event runs through Labor Day Weekend
- Tahoe City Farmers’ Market – Thursday mornings at the Lake Tahoe Elementary School from 8 a.m. to 12 noon through the end of August and then it moves back to Commons Beach through the end of September
- 4th of July Parade in Truckee, CA starting at 10 a.m. The parade will start at the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District parking lot and move towards downtown historic Truckee.
- NorthStar Blues and Brews Festival – Saturday, July 5 at the Village at Northstar
- Pacific Fine Arts Festival in Homewood July 4 – July 6, 2014 Homewood Ski Resort Parking lot Friday – Sunday from 10 am. to 5 p.m.
- Fireworks in Tahoe City, Friday, July 4, 2014, Fireworks at Commons Beach, which begin at dusk.
- Kings Beach Concerts: Every Friday except the 4th of July. Free music from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. This runs all summer through the end of August at the North Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach, CA
- Lakeside Lobster Dinner, Saturday, July 5, 2014, 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. The Rotary Club of Tahoe City present Lakeside Lobster Dinner at the North Lake Tahoe Events Center in Kings Beach, CA Tickets at $65 per person, and tickets are limited. For more information call Jim Cline at 530.546.4840.
- Tahoe City Commons Beach Concert: Sunday afternoons from (sometimes at 3 p.m.) 4 p.m. – 6:30 Free outdoor concert at Commons Beach on Sunday afternoon – early evening. Free Sunday summer concerts at the beach through Labor Day weekend in Downtown Tahoe City, CA
With so many fun things to do this holiday weekend you’re going to be busy this week!
Remember if you see the volunteers out collecting for the Tahoe City Fireworks show, give generously. The Tahoe City Fireworks Show is completely financed by private donations and local businesses in the area, so if you enjoy this show each year, give to keep it going!
Come celebrate America’s Birthday and national holiday here in Lake Tahoe!
See you at the Tahoe City 4th of July Fireworks in Commons Beach, this Friday, July 4, 2014!
Thinking about making Tahoe City, California your second home? Check out the homes that are for sale in Tahoe City here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Tahoe City? Here are the current listings:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Fireworks in Tahoe City, Thursday, July 4th, 2014