SnowFest 2023 – North Lake Tahoe
The Annual SnowFest 2023 North Lake Tahoe Snow Festival will start its winter fun on Thursday, March 2, 2023 and end on Sunday, March 12, 2023.
The North Lake Tahoe snow festival event planners and volunteers work all year long to make this winter experience one of the very best!
It’s hard to believe that this annual event began back in the spring of 1982 and is still going strong over forty years later in 2023!
While the North Lake Tahoe SnowFest event has become one of the largest winter carnival events in the western United States I think one of its best features is how they combine fun events and activies with local fund-raisers for our organizations that do so much for our community.
This has always been one of my favorite local events that we have in the greater North Lake Tahoe – Truckee, California area and I hope it becomes one of yours too!
This is the very best of small-town living and it is why the North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area is a top second home market and visitor destination!
If you haven’t been to any of the North Lake Tahoe Snowfest events in the past, now is the time to make plans to be here!
SnowFest 2023 – North Lake Tahoe Festival Event Schedule (events can change check here for the most updated schedule):
Thursday, March 2, 2023
- 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Tahoe Boho- Build your own Snowfest Pennant- benefitting NTHS Graduation Fund Tahoe Boho Studio – Boat Works Mall, 760 N Lake Blvd, Tahoe City, CA 96145
Make a SNOWFEST PENNANT (or any design you choose) Cost: is $25 (with $15/person going to NTHS Senior Graduation). All Materials included to make your pennant. n Space is limited, so please reserve your seat at the Table…TAHOEBOHO.COM Additional DATES: Thur 3/2, Fri 3/3, Sat 3/4, Thur 3/9, Fri 3/10, Sat 3/11 (Time for all events 3:00-5:30pm)
- 5:00 p.m. – 10 p.m. Opening Ceremonies & Queen Coronation at Gar Wood’s in Carnelian Bay, CA (5000 North Lake Blvd., Carnelian Bat, CA) Cost: Pre-Sale Tickets are $45 per person, or $50 at the door gets you in. Your ticket includes: Food, Wet Woodys, Wine, Beer, and collector edition beads. Live music by the Blues Monsters!
Friday, March 3, 2023
- 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. SnowFest Fireworks Spectacular 2023 – Tahoe City Golf Course, 251 North Lake Blvd., Downtown Tahoe City – Fireworks starting at approximately 7 p.m. – Live music begins at 5:30 p.m. with the Nomads, Food and drinks are available at Cafe Zeon and the Big Blue BBQ Truck for purchase. It’ll be a fun evening outdoors!
Saturday, March 4, 2023
- 7 a.m. – 11 a.m. North Tahoe Firefighters Association Pancake Breakfast – Tahoe City – Tahoe City Fire Station at 222 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City, CA – Cost: Pancake Breakfast $10 per adult $5 per child (kids under 12) NT Fire merchandise is also for sale.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Tahoe City SnowFest Parade – downtown Tahoe City, CA – Free
Parade Day Tips –
- Get to the parade early (around 11 a.m. or earlier) as parking and access to the downtown area becomes a challenge the closer it gets to the starting parade time.
- Make sure your cell phone or your camera has a full charge.
- Bring folding chairs. There is no seating, so bring your own chair, or be prepared to stand through-out the event
- Dress in layers. It may be sunny and warm, cold and windy, or snowing. Be prepared for all conditions.
- If you’re bringing Fido, be sure to have them on a leash and bring a bag to pick up after them!
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Snowball Drop benefitting N.Tahoe School @ The Bridgetendger The Bridgetender, 65 W Lake Blvd, Tahoe City, CA 96145
- 12:00 p.m. noon – 4 p.m. | Post-Parade Party Pete ‘n Peters 395 North Lake Blvd. downtown Tahoe City, CA
- 12:30 p.m. noon – 7 p.m. Tahoe Art Haus & The Tahoe Tap House Brewfest and Block Party – Benefiting Shane McConkey Foundation 495 North Lake Blvd., downtown Tahoe City, CA. Tahoe Tap House and the Cobblestone Center. Cost: Admission to the show is FREE... All Ages, however to participate in the beer consumption you will need to purchase a cup + drink tokens to participate in Brewfest ($20 Donation gets you limited silicon cup w/bev of your choice, $10 donation gets you regular cup w/bev of your choice after that all bev tokens $ 5 ). Must be 21+ to buy a cup for Brewfest. Food and other beverages are priced per the vendor at the time of sale.
It’s the Tahoe Art Haus & Cinema and Tahoe Tap Haus’ 4th annual Haus Brewfest, featuring eight (8) local breweries and DJs on the Burning Man art car, Edna the Elephant. DJ’s include Disco Terrorist, All Good Funk Alliance, Jimmy Dirt and the Headliner Fort Knox Five.
Laser Light Show after dark. Stick around for a laser light show after dark. Food and Bev vendors all day and of course.
All proceeds to benefit Shane McConkey Foundation.
12 noon – 4 p.m. 34th Annual Gar Woods Polar Bear Swim, Gar Woods (5000 North Lake Blvd., Carnelian Bay, CA.) Swimmer registration begins prior to the race. Racing will begin after the Tahoe City parade so you will time time to do both. Call 530-546-3366 for more information on the race. Must be 18+ or older to race. Watch swimmers swim out to the buoys (about 250 yards) in 39-degree water. Watch from the restaurant, deck, beach, or pier. So much fun to watch these brave swimmers!
1 p.m. – 3 p.m. PINTS & PIES- TCNS- Winter Party – 760 North Lake Blvd. (Old Hacienda Location in the Boat Works Mall) Tahoe City, CA. Cost – Fund Raiser for TCNS (Tahoe City Nursery School ) Music by the musicians of Jenni Charles! Good Food from Pints & Pies. Silent Auction, Come support TCNS !
Sunday, March 5, 2023
- 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. The Great Ski Race | Tahoe City XC Center, 925 Country Club Dr, Tahoe City, CA This race started in 1977 and is one of the largest cross-country ski races west of the Mississippi! The race starts at the Tahoe City Nordic Cross-County Ski Center in Tahoe City and will finish at the Tahoe XC center. The race is 26 kilometers (for those that struggle with the metric system that is 16.1557 miles).
- It is a fundraiser for the Tahoe Nordic Search and Rescue a non-profit, all volunteer organization. More race details can be found here. www.TheGreatSkiRace.com
- 11 a.m. – 12 noon The Dog Pull hosted by Alpine Power Equipment benefitig Palisades Avalanche Dogs| Held at Pete ‘n Peters 395 N Lake Blvd, Tahoe City, CA. Cost: $20/dog entry. A snow run will be made which will be fenced and staked with tools provided by the Tahoe City PUD. The weight of the dog will determine how much weight they pull. A prize bag will be awarded for each dog’s weight class in their winning division. This event has been MOVED TO THE BACK OF PETE N’ PETER’S BACKYARD
- 3 p.m. – 8:30 p. Sunnyside’s Hawaiian Luau – Sunnyside Resort, 1850 West Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA. Cost: Prices depend on food and beverage items ordered. Wear your Hawaiian outfits and come out and enjoy Hawaiian-inspired cuisine and cocktail menu. Nothing feels like SnowFest than wearing Hawaiian shirts and shorts while sipping on beach-inspired drinks while the snowflakes fall outside! Bring on the winter fun!
Monday, March 6, 2023
- 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. Za’s 8th Annual Clam Bake! benefiting N. Lake Tahoe Snowfest | Za’s Lakefront, 120 Grove St, Tahoe City, CA 96145 Cost: $30 per plate includes – 1 lbs steamed clams, 1/2 chicken, corn and potatoes. Purchase tickets directly through Za’s. Enjoy Za’s Traditional Clambake and the best views on the lake in Tahoe City, CA.
- 7 p.m. – close Milk Jug Curling – Tahoe City Winter Sports Park (Golf Course), 251 North Lake Blvd., Downtown Tahoe City (Downtown Tahoe City) Teams of 4 compete against each other with colored frozen milk jugs. Entry fee. Hosted by Lake Tahoe Ski Club Foundation and Tahoe City PUD.
Event Description: Curling on the Tahoe City ice rink – teams of 4 compete to see who can slide their milk jugs across the ice to a target to gain points.
Cost: Tickets must be purchased online for each team of 4 for Monday, March 6th (7-11pm) or March 8th Wednesday (7-11 pm) qualifying with the finals on Friday, March 10th starting at 7pm.
$200 ticket includes 4 person team: Ticket price covers curling entry and Friday Brat and Fondue Party for all participants.
Please join us for the finals and a party for all located at Tahoe City Winter Sports Park & Cafe Zenon. (No tickets required for Friday)
Tuesday, March 7, 2023
- 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Tahoe Wine Collective-“Wine & Art ” -Benefiting (tbd) Tahoe Wine Collective and Bella Donna Tattoo Paint and Sip with silent auction benefiting the Tahoe Lake Elementry PTO. Cost: $50 workshop fee includes 2 glasses of wine, painting supplies, and a 2 hour instruction painting session. Additional food available for purchase. 10% of all registration and food purchases will be donated to the Tahoe Lake Elementary PTO.
Not a painter? No problem, drink specials and a silent auction will be held at Tahoe Wine Collective from 5-7pm, all proceeds from the silent auction will go directly to the Tahoe Lake Elementary PTO to help with teacher supplies and aid.Seating will be limited for the paint and sip, reserve your seat here!
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Rosie’s Bingo Night – Rosie’s Café, downtown Tahoe City, CA Must be 21+ Call for cost. Black Out Bingo is back! Try to fill your card for drinks and prizes.
- 7 p.m. – 11 p.m. Pete ‘N Peter’s Bar Game Olympics – Pete ‘N Peter’s 395 N Lake Blvd, Tahoe City, CA, age 21+, Entry Fee, downtown Tahoe City, CA. This event is limited. Sign up early at Pete and Peters (only sign up at Pete and Peter’sas space is limited 530-583-2400 Teams play a combo of bar games from pool, shuffleboard to darts.
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Tahoe Lake’s 4th/5th Grade Field Trip Day – Tahoe City Winter Sports Park (Golf Course), 251 North Lake Blvd., Downtown Tahoe City
- 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. West Shore Market (WSM) Cornhole Tournament benefiting Chris Park Scholarship Fund – West Shore Market 1780 West Lake Blvd, Tahoe City, CA One Day Event – Cost $100 per team. Sixteen (16) teams of Two (2 )people will compete in a double elimination bracket tournament. 1 day only tournament starts at 4:00pm SHARP! Tickets: $100 per team with the winning team getting $400 + West Shore Market swag!
- 7 p.m. – 11 p.m. Day 2 Milk Jug Curling – Tahoe City Winter Sports Park (Golf Course), 251 North Lake Blvd., Downtown Tahoe City (Downtown Tahoe City) Entry fee. Hosted by the Lake Tahoe Ski Club and TCPUD.
Thursday, March 9, 2023
- 6:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. Snowfest PROM NIGHT!!! Sponsored by Brix Graphics and Hartline Construction -benefiting tbd Tahoe City Winter Sports Park (Golf Course), 251 North Lake Blvd., Downtown Tahoe CityPROM for all – for any of you that missed your senior prom or would like a do-over. Come on out to the Tahoe City Wintersports Park to relive your “Glory Days”. Dance, and skate the night away!Prom Attire prefered -Punch, Dancing and Ice skating. Tickets and cost to be announced.
- 6 p.m. Ski Patrol Dog Yappy Hour – Tahoe National Brewing Company, 850 N Lake Blvd., #21, (Lighthouse Center) Tahoe City.
Friday, March 10, 2023
- 12 noon – 3:00 p.m. Wine N Ice Competition Hosted by Truckee River Winery benefiting Sierra Relief Kitchen Gatekeeper’s Museum, 130 W Lake Blvd, Tahoe City, CA Cost for Ice Carving Teams $100; Cost for wine will depend on what you select to purchase. Watch as professionals and amateurs take to the chainsaws to create unique and creative ice sculptures at The Gatekeeper’s Museum in Tahoe City. Wine N Ice Competition – BUY TICKETS
- 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. BridgeTender Fat Friday Cajun Cookout benefiting Chris Park Scholarship Fund Bridgetender 65 West Lake Blvd., Tahoe City – This event sells out every year, so get there early! Cost $30/plate Bridgetender Fat Friday Cajun Cookout. Outside dining available. House Jambalaya, smoked pulled pork sliders and grilled shrimp.
- 5 p.m. -10 p.m. Jake’s on the Lake, Snowfest So Fresh Benefiting North Tahoe Search and Rescue Jake’s on the Lake, Tahoe City, 780 N. Lake Blvd. Tahoe City, CA “SNOWFEST SO FRESH” Live Music and Sushi!! Cost” Depends on what food and beverages you order. Featuring: Handrolls, sashimi, and Japanizes inspired tapas. MUSIC -Jeff Conner & The Conner Party Band
- 7 p.m. Milk Jug Curling Finals Day 3 – Tahoe City Winter Sports Park (Golf Course), 251 North Lake Blvd., Downtown Tahoe City (Downtown Tahoe City)
Saturday, March 11, 2023
- 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. North Tahoe Public Utility District (NTPUD) Pancake Breakfast – 8318 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, CA | North Lake Tahoe Event Center, downtown Kings Beach, CA. Cost: $10 adults $5 Kids Tickets available at the door. The North Tahoe Public Utility District is proud to host the annual Kings Beach Pancake Breakfast before the Kings Beach parade.
- 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. (tee times) 5th Annual Alaskan Open Snow Golf Tournament benefiting Gateway Mountain Center- Big Blue BBQ Food Truck /Cafe Zenon, Tahoe City Golf Course 251 North Lake Blvd., Downtown Tahoe City(Downtown Tahoe City) Cost: $200 per team (no single entries). Teams of 5 players. 100% of Proceeds benefit Gateway Mountain Center. The tournament is a nine hole scramble best ball format with teams of 5 players. Snow golf is played with a tennis ball and each player is allowed three clubs (bring your own clubs & tennis balls). Skis or snowshoes are welcome but not required. Outrageous Caddyshack/Hot Dog the Movie inspired golf attire is encouraged. Food and drinks available at Cafe Zenon. Additional eats by Big Blue BBQ . COME HUNGRY!!!
This event will sell out, please sign up in advance.
- 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. Dress Up Your Dog – Sponsored by NTPUD, 8318 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach. Fee per dog. Categories. Registration opens at 9:30 a.m. on the deck at the North Tahoe Events Center.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. SnowFest Kings Beach Parade, downtown Kings Beach, CA The parade will move along Hwy 28 in downtown Kings Beach! Over 30+ local businesses and non-profit groups will have parade entries.
Parade Day Tips – Get to the parade early (around 11 a.m. or earlier) as parking and access to the downtown area becomes harder the closer it gets to parade time. Make sure your cell phone or camera has a full charge. Bring folding chairs, dress in layers, and wear sunscreen so you’ll enjoy the event!
- 12:30 p.m. |Backyard Tahoe presents KB Parade After-Party & Keg Rolling Races 3428 Trout Avenue, Kings Beach, CA. After the Kings Beach Snowfest Parade join the annual after party, and the first ever keg rolling races! You’ll need a partner and then test your obstacle course savvy with an empty keg on a snowy course. Registrants of all ages welcome – kids too! Enjoy Big Blue Q food truck, beer from Bear Belly Brewing Co., wine from NTBA, kids crafts with Chickadee Art Collective, lively music, and more! Cost for food and beverages by the items you select.
- 12:30 p.m. | Disco Snow Tubing Jamboree Granlibakken Resort, Tahoe City, CA
- 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. 7th Annual Za’s Clam Bake – Za’s, 120 Grove Street, downtown Tahoe City, CA. Pricing at Event.
- 8 p.m. – 7 p.m. Moe’s – An Evening with “Home”, Funk, Rock & Blues – Moe’s Original BBQ, downtown Tahoe City 700 North Lake Blvd., CA.
Sunday, March 12, 2023
- 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. I-Did-A-Run Dog Race Benefit for the Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe at Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort – 11603 Snowpeak Way, Truckee, CA in Tahoe Donner, Truckee, CA – Entry Fee. Dogs of all shapes and sizes compete in this entertaining, timed dog pull race which raises money for the Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe. About this event: Dogs of all breeds and sizes compete against the clock, pulling sleds over a snow-covered course across four weight divisions; 0-25 pounds, 26-50 pounds, 51-75 pounds, and “heavy weight” at 75 pounds and over. Prizes are awarded to the fastest competitor in each division with a trophy for the overall winner.
The entry fee is $25 per dog and includes a goody bag for the competing pooch. Check in begins at 12:30 and the races begin at 1:00 PM
Participants and spectators will have the opportunity to win great prizes through a raffle with proceeds directly benefiting the Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe. Over a dozen of prizes are up for grabs with more to be added, including cross country and downhill ski tickets, rounds of golf, gift certificates to local retailers and restaurants, and much more. Raffle tickets are just $1 each; those who buy five raffle tickets will receive a sixth ticket for free. Winners do not need to be present to win. Raffle tickets may be purchased at the event, prior to the drawing.
For more information, email Ali Kovach at email@example.com or call 530-587-9424.
- 12 noon – 4 p.m. RIVER RANCH Snow Sculpture Contest SNOWFEST Closing Ceremonies!
– River Ranch, Hwy 89 South at the entrance to Alpine Meadows, CA Entry Fee. Prices for Food/Beverage will vary at the event.
- 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. Fat Cat 6th Annual Hot Wing Eating Contest. | Fat Cat Kitchen, 8421 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach –Hot Wing Eating Contest – Entry fee.
Get ready to have a lot of fun regardless of the weather conditions. Have some fun, make some memories, come to Lake Tahoe!
To check for updates, or more information on events check out the SnowFest 2023 schedule here, or better yet plan to be here in Lake Tahoe and have some winter fun!
See you at some of the SnowFest 2023 – North Lake Tahoe Snow Festival events this year!
Thinking about making Lake Tahoe, California your second home? Check out the homes that are for sale here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Lake Tahoe? Here are the current listings:
Do you want to search for property – homes, condos/townhomes, and lots for sale by Map? Start your search here in the Tahoe City, CA area:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Condos for Sale
- Northstar Homes for Sale
- Northstar Condos for Sale
- Grays Crossing Homes for Sale
- Grays Crossing Townhomes for Sale
- Lahontan Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Townhomes for Sale
- Martis Camp Homes for Sale
- Truckee Homes for Sale
- Truckee Condos for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
Laura A. Allen | 530.414.1260 | Laura@TahoeLaura.com
BROKER ASSOCIATE | Tahoe Real Estate Agent
Coldwell Banker | Tahoe City – Truckee, CA
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
SnowFest 2023 – North Lake Tahoe