Alpen Wine Fest – Squaw Valley 2019
Fall is almost here, so now is the time to enjoy being here in the greater North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area!
This holiday weekend is loaded with fun events and things to do.
On Sunday, September 1, 2019 the 31st Annual Alpen Wine Festival will be held at the Village at Squaw Valley!
Spending the afternoon at the Village at Squaw Valley is an great way to enjoy being outside here in North Lake Tahoe. Who doesn’t enjoy sunshine, blue skies, live music and sampling some great wines?
At the Alpen Wine Fest you’ll get to sample wines from over forty (40) different wineries, or wine merchants.
This is a great way to find a new favorite wine, or try wines you are not already familiar with, or wouldn’t necessarily try on your own.
All proceeds benefit the Can Do MS, a non-profit foundation that delivers health and wellness education programs to families living with MS thrive.
If you love wine this is your chance to sample, and enjoy our beautiful Tahoe late summer weather (the weather forecast for this weekend is for sunshine and day time temperatures in the mid 70’s).
They will also have a great line-up of live music with Chi McClean and Beyond the Rails – Unplugged bands playing at the event!
You’ll have from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. to wonder through the Village at Squaw Valley and enjoy this event.
What a great way to support a great non-profit group and make a fun day out of the donation!
In addition to the Alpen Wine Fest event, there will be other fun events are lined up here in our area for this weekend, and there will be something for everyone.
Starting with the last Friday evening beach music concert in downtown Kings Beach, the annual Foam Fest at the Village at Squaw Valley on Saturday, The Tahoe Donner Wild West Fest is also on Saturday, the Alpen Wine Festival on Sunday, and then the final free Sunday Tahoe City beach concert.
Need more reasons to enjoy a fun weekend in the North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area? How about the Labor Day Firework show in Carnelian Bay on Sunday night at 8:30 p.m. We have so many great things to do in our area, it will be hard to do them all!
Here are the Alpen Wine Fest Event Details:
31st Annual Alpen Wine Fest – Squaw Valley 2019
- When: Sunday, September 1, 2019, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: The Village at Squaw Valley, 1960 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA 96146
- Cost: $40 on-line, or $50 at the door – Wine Tasting Ticket (must be 21+ Age) Entry ticket includes a $10 donation and anniversary wine glass
- A Combo Ticket is also available: $60/per person Both Festivals: Foam Fest (Sat) and Wine Fest (Sun)
- Remember with over forty (40) different types of wineries and wine merchants at the event (a lot of wine to sample), you’ll want to make sure you either have a designated driver, take a cab, ride the bus – TART (Tahoe Area Rapid Transit), or spend the night at the Village! Enjoy and Be safe!
Want to know what wineries and wine merchants will be at the event? Here is a list of participants:
- Alois Lageder
- Banville Wine Merchants
- Dashe Cellars
- E16 Winery
- Elizabeth Spencer Winery
- Gold Crush Winery
- Heintz Vineyard & Winery
- Hook & Ladder Winery
- Illanta Wines
- Kenefick Ranch
- Kermit Lynch Wine Merchant
- Krutz Family Cellars Magnolia Wines
- LLS Italian Imports
- Lieu Dit Winery
- Lumen Wines
- Martine’s Wine
- Mr. Beautiful
- Navarro Vineyards & Winery
- Nuclear Wine Co.
- Ole Imports
- Pico & Vine
- Regal Wine Co.
- Sean Minor Wines
- Senses Wines
- Skinner Vineyards & Winery
- Skurnik Wines
- Small Vines Wines
- Stewart Cellars
- Textbook Vineyards
- Thomas Fogarty Winery
- Wine Wise Selections
- Young’s Market Co.
If you have been looking for a reason to come up to the Lake Tahoe – Truckee area, the 31st Annual Alpen Wine Fest in Squaw Valley is a good one.
Celebrate Labor Day weekend in the North Lake Tahoe -Truckee area with one of our special local events this weekend!
Here is a quick list of some of the more popular events this Labor Day weekend:
- Kings Beach Live Music Concerts on the Beach Friday Aug 30, 2019 Starts at 6 p.m. This is the last event of the season!
- Foam Fest Saturday, August 31, 2019 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. a the Village a Squaw Valley
- Alpen Wine Festival at Squaw Valley, Sunday, September 1, 2019, 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. benefiting the Can Do MS Foundation
- Tahoe Donner Wild West Fest Saturday, August 31, 2019 3 p.m – 8 p.m. Tahoe Donner Equestrian Center | Alder Creek Adventure Center
- Labor Day Fireworks – Gar Woods Grill and Pier, Carnelian Bay, CA Sunday, Sept. 1, 2019 starting at 8:30 p.m. Fundraiser for The Monte Foundation benefiting North Tahoe Sports Programs.
- Free Music Concert at Commons Beach, Tahoe City, CA Sunday, September1, 2019 starting at 4 p.m. This is the last event of the season!
The North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area still has a number of other free and fun weekly events to enjoy this summer (weather permitting). Don’t wait, many of these events will end on Labor Day weekend!:
- Farmer’s Market Downtown Tahoe City (Commons Beach) | May 16 – Oct 10, 2019
- Truckee Thursdays (Downtown Historic Truckee) | June 13 – Aug 29, 2019 No event on the 4th off July – check out the local fireworks!
- Squaw Valley Outdoor Movies at the Village in Squaw Valley | July 11 – Aug 29, 2019
Ready to make the Squaw Valley area your second home? Check out what is for sale here:
- Olympic Valley Homes for Sale
- Olympic Valley Condos for Sale
- Resort at Squaw Creek Condos for Sale
- The Village at Squaw Valley Condos for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Alpen Wine Fest – Squaw Valley 2019