Annual Truckee Wine Walk – 2019
It is almost time for the downtown Annual Truckee Wine Walk – 2019, Saturday, October 5, 2019.
The Downtown Truckee Wine Walk and Shop event has become a favorite way to end our amazing Tahoe summer season.
If you were lucky enough to attend the sold-out Tahoe City Wine Walk in June 2019, attending the Truckee Wine Walk and Shop event the first weekend in October is a great way to end the season.
This annual event brings in over 1,000 participants to sip, sample, and enjoy a day of being in downtown Historic Truckee.
This year the Tahoe City Wine Walk sold out almost three weeks before the event, and it is very possible that the Truckee Wine Walk could also sell out before the day of the event, so if you haven’t purchased your tickets, now is the time to do so.
Attendees should dress in layers and be prepared to be warm in the sunshine, but it also means that you’ll want a light jacket, or sweater for the shade, or if the wind picks up.
Those that go will enjoy being in historic Downtown Truckee and they will get the chance to sample some great wines, food from local restaurants and caterers, along with a wonderful day of shopping.
This year Truckee Wine Walk and Shop attendees will receive a commemorative wine glass to sample wine at more than 30 tasting locations and you’ll also get, five (5) food tickets, and a program with a map to all participating venues in the downtown Truckee area with your ticket purchase.
Non-drinkers are welcome too, and you should ask about their designated driver program.
Each year the Annual Truckee Wine Walk event has partnered with a local charity and will donate a portion of the proceeds.
Over the past fifteen years over $32,000 has been donated to local non-profit groups.
What a great way to have fun and support the community and all you have to do is buy a Downtown Truckee Wine Walk ticket!
Here are the event details:
Downtown Truckee Annual Wine Walk
- When: Saturday, October 5, 2019, Starting at 12 Noon to 4 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Commercial Row in Truckee, California
- Check in: Parking lot just west of the Truckee Train Station Depot – check in begins at 11 a.m.
- Cost: $45/ticket advance – $55/ticket CASH only on day of event. www.TruckeeWineWalk.com. Must be 21+ Years of age for wine sampling. Don’t forget to bring your ID!
- Designated Driver Tickets are also available.
Transportation: A day of wine sampling can be a lot of fun, but don’t forget to be safe and make sure you have a designated driver, or have arranged for a ride home.
You’ll find a number of safe, free rides to and from the Truckee event. Check out the events’ website for more information www.TruckeeWineWalk.com
So here are few of my wine walking tips to make the most of the upcoming Downtown Truckee Wine Walk:
- Dress in layers, and wear comfortable shoes.
- Eat a good breakfast, and bring along a bottle of water.
- Pace yourself. Sip, don’t guzzle. You’ll have four hours of drinking, eating, and walking ahead of you at an elevation of 6,200+ feet above sea level, so it can take a toll on your body.
- It’s okay to stop for meal if you aren’t finding enough to eat with your food tickets. I am a vegetarian and my sampling options are often limited (that’s my problem, not the events’ so plan ahead).
- If your group won’t slow down for a sit-down meal, call and place a to-go order at one of the local restaurants that are open for lunch. Trust me on this one, your friends will be impressed on how well organized your are, and they will wonder why they also didn’t place a food order to go too! It’s a win-win for everyone, you’ll have something to eat, and won’t lose any wine tasting time in the process.
- Enjoy the moment and experience.
- Make memories.
- Most event goers do the wine walk with friends, so this is a time to celebrate the changing of seasons, and a time to just be together. Be silly, have fun, find something outrageous to buy, and take selfies!
It’s hard to believe that October is here and that our holidays and winter season are right around the corner, so enjoy the end of the season by being at the Truckee Wine Walk and Shop event in October.
Make plans to get tickets and be at the Annual Truckee Wine, Walk and Shop event in Downtown Historic Truckee, CA Saturday, October 5, 2019!
Thinking about making Truckee your second home? Check out these mountain homes that are for sale in Tahoe Donner resort community here:
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Condos and Townhouses for Sale
- Gray’s Crossing Homes for Sale
- Gray’s Crossing Townhomes for Sale
- Lahontan Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Homes for Sale
- Schafer’s Mill Townhomes for Sale
- Martis Camp Homes for Sale
- Northstar Homes for Sale
- Northstar Condos for Sale
- Truckee Homes for Sale
- Truckee Condos for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Condos and Townhouses for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice
Annual Truckee Wine Walk – 2019