Tahoe City Wine Walk 2017
The official summer kick-off with the 12th annual Tahoe City Wine Walk 2017 is here! Saturday, June 17, 2017 from noon to 4 p.m. the wine tasting event will take place in downtown Tahoe City, California!
This is the kick-off of summer here in the North Lake Tahoe area and this is one of my favorite events.
It’s a great way to jump-start your summer and a fund way to celebrate the Summer Solstice here in Lake Tahoe!
This event continues to grow, and is a sell out each year!
If you enjoy shopping, wine tasting and being in downtown Tahoe City, then this is the perfect event for you in beautiful Lake Tahoe!
Over the past few years this has been an event to be at. The Tahoe City Annual Wine Walk this year will be held on Saturday, June 17, 2017 and if you’re planning your summer events, then you’ll want to be here in Tahoe City for this one and then here in the fall to complete the season with the Annual Truckee Wine Walk event, which will happen on October 7, 2017 from noon to 4 p.m.
Between the two wine walk events your summer and early fall will happen. I call it about 113 days of fun! Sunny days, warmer temperatures, and all best of Tahoe living that the North Lake Tahoe area has to offer.
This year starting at noon, there will be over thirty (30) different wineries, plus tea, beer and cider companies, along with a vodka and tequila/sangria tasting stations.
In addition to the beverages, there will be different food tasting locations set-up through-out the downtown area of Tahoe City from some of the area’s best restaurants.
You don’t have to be a “Foodie” or a “Shopper” to enjoy sampling fine beverages, along with ducking into our local shops.
You’ll want to take advantage of this years’ event specials, sip, sample, and learn more about being in downtown Tahoe City, California!
Last year over 800+ Tahoe City Wine Walkers enjoyed this great event!
I can tell you from personal experience it’s a lot of fun to go to this event. The downtown Tahoe City area is a wonderful place to visit, and the annual wine walk is a fun event to remind you why we love living here in the North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area!
Here are my Tahoe City Wine Walk participant tips from past years that will help you really enjoy the event:
1) Comfortable Shoes – Only wear comfortable walking shoes! By the time the day is over you will easily have walked between 1 -2 miles if you hit every station.
You’ll either start down at the North Lake Tahoe Visitors Center and end up at the Boat Works Mall, or do the reverse. You will zig and zag, and/or double back, so you’ll get your exercise in for the day.
You will see Tahoe City from end-to-end! Smart, sensible, comfortable foot fashion is what will win the day here!
2) Designated Driver – Plan ahead and have a designated driver, or just call a cab to start your trip off right. Other options: Uber, The bus TART (Tahoe Area Rapid Transit), a friend, or walking. No bikes. Riding a bike while intoxicated can be just as dangerous as driving a car, and you can be ticketed for it.
3) Wear Layers & Sunscreen -. The weather forecast is for sunny, clear skies, but the high for tomorrow will only be in the low 80’s, so dress in layers and be prepared for unseasonably warmer weather! You’ll be outside for 4+ hours, so be prepared for a day in the sun, but always be prepared if the weather cools down!
4) Hydrate – Drink plenty of water as you go along the way! It’s fun to sample the wine, but before you know it time will have slipped by, so hydrate as you move from stop to stop.
5) Pace Yourself – Pacing is the key to a great Tahoe City Wine Walk event.
Remember you’re doing the Tahoe City Wine Walk at an elevation of 6,200+ feet above sea level, so pace yourself! Grab a seat whenever possible, drink plenty of water, don’t get too much sun on yourself, and take it easy. You’ll want to enjoy Sunday as much as you enjoyed Saturday here in North Lake Tahoe!
Annual Tahoe City Wine Walk 2017
- When: Saturday, June 17, 2017, Noon – 4 p.m.
- Tickets are $45 in advanced, or $50 (cash only) on the day of the event (get there early if you’re going to buy a ticket at the door) This event is a sell out.
- Ticket price includes admission, commemorative wine glass, bite-sized food tasting, and live music.
- Tickets can be purchased from Uncorked Wine Bar, or you can buy tickets on-line at www.TahoeCityWineWalk.com until 5 p.m. on Friday, June 16, 2017.
- Starting location – downtown Tahoe City, California. Check in at either one of two locations:
- North Lake Tahoe Visitor’s Center, 100 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA
- Boatworks Mall, 760 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA
- Bring your Identification! Must be 21+ Years in order to do the walk.
The Tahoe City Wine Walk is a fundraiser for the Tahoe City Downtown Association and this non-profit organization has the goal to enhance and promote the downtown area and make it a great place for visitors and residents to enjoy!
The Tahoe City Annual Wine Walk is a fun reason to come up to Tahoe City, California, and start your summer off right! Call your friends and come to the Lake!
Don’t forget you can also check out the Annual Peaks & Paws Event, a fund raiser for the Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe, at the Village at Squaw Valley a music, beer, and wine event on two days – Saturday, June 17, and Sunday June 18 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.!
See you at the Tahoe City Wine Walk in Downtown Tahoe City this Saturday, June 17, 2017!
Thinking about making Tahoe City, California your second home? Check out the homes that are for sale in Tahoe City here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Tahoe City? Here are the current listings:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Tahoe City Wine Walk 2017