Truckee Farmers Markets 2020
The Tuesday Truckee Certified Farmers Market reopened on May 19, 2020.
The return of our seasonal Truckee Farmers’ Markets in our area is always the beginning of our summer season.
Each Tuesday morning in Truckee you will find the local Farmers Market is open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (weather permitting) from May 19 through October 20, 2020.
You may not know that Truckee area has had two (2) different Farmers Market events each week:
- Tuesday mornings at the Truckee Regional Park and
- Sunday mornings at the Tri County Bank Plaza, which has been cancelled for 2020 due to COVID-19 | announced on April 22, 2020.
While the start and end times for each Farmers’ Market does vary, for about three months we have had at least two (2) different Farmers Markets to shop at! We hope this will change as the season moves on.
If you enjoy buying directly from the farmers, or from those that have made the goods themselves, then you’ll want to check out the two Farmers’ Market along with Truckee Thursdays (street fair) where you’ll find different vendors at each event, along with a few vendors that will be at all of them.
Local, nearby farmers and merchants come into the Truckee – North Lake Tahoe area bringing in their goods for sale to the Truckee, California area!
Items that you may find depending on the season are bread, pastries, jams, vinegar, olive oils, Artesian cheeses, meat, fish, honey, nuts, fresh salsa, flowers, herbs, onions, beets, kale, chard, arugula, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, artichokes, asparagus, tomatoes, apples, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, apricots, peaches, depending on the season you’ll find a great assortment of fresh food, not to mention vendors.
There are also non-perishables for sale which may include clothing, jewelry, soaps, lotions, and the vendors do vary depending on the day of the Farmers Market, so you’ll want to check out each market through-out the entire season!
If you’re in the mood for something to eat right now, you’ll also find specialty food vendors, which will vary from week to week, but you may find crepes, Indian food, salsa, fresh bread, and cupcakes!
As we transition into our warmer months now is the time to start re-visiting our local Farmers Markets and take advantage of what is currently in season.
In the past we have had two different Truckee Farmers’ Market at the following locations, however, due to COVID-19, the Sunday Farmers market has been suspended. Links to both events have been included so you can always check to see if there has been a change in status:
Truckee Farmers Markets 2020
- Tuesday 8 a.m. – 1 pm. | Truckee Certified Farmers Market – Truckee River Regional Park
- 10050 Brockway Road, just ½ mile south of Downtown Truckee on Highway 267, Truckee, CA
- May 19, 2019 – October 20, 2020 (weather permitting)
- Sunday 9 a.m. -1 p.m. | Truckee Community Farmers Market
- Sears Center, 12047 Donner Pass Road, Truckee – Cancelled due to COVID-19 announced on April 22, 2020
Other North Lake Tahoe Farmers’ Markets:
- Thursday 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Tahoe City Farmers Market 2020
- May 14 – October 15, 2020
If you’ll be in the greater Truckee – North Lake Tahoe area on any Tuesday, or Thursday during our late spring, summer, or early fall be make sure to check out either the Truckee Farmers Markets or the Tahoe City Farmer’s Market.
Our local Farmers Markets is a great way to spend some time outside shopping and find some delicious produce or goods to enjoy while you’re here in greater North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area.
See you at one of the Truckee Farmers Markets this year!
You might also be interested in other North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area events.
In the past, we have had a number of other free and fun weekly events to enjoy all summer (weather permitting), however, this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of these annual events have either been canceled, postponed until further notice, or have a late/delayed start this year.
Check out the links for the most current and available information for each event:
- Truckee Farmers Market (Truckee Regional Park) | 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. May 19 – Oct 20, 2020
- Gray’s Crossing Truckee | 2020 PJ’s at Gray’s Crossing status is not available, not schedule has been posted.
- BluesDays Village at Squaw Valley Live Music | 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. July 14, 2020 – Sept 8, 2020 – subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Truckee Music Concerts in the Park Truckee River Regional Park | 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. No update has been provided
- Tahoe City Outdoor Movies on the Beach Downtown Tahoe City (Commons Beach) | No update – To be announced
- Farmer’s Market Downtown Tahoe City (Commons Beach) | May 14 – Oct 15, 2020
- Truckee Thursdays (Downtown Historic Truckee) | August 7, 2020 – September 3, 2020 – Subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Squaw Valley Outdoor Movies at the Village in Squaw Valley | Not update – To be announced, July 2, 2020 – Aug 6, 2020
- Kings Beach Live Music Concerts on the Beach | June 26, 2020 – September 4 (Excludes July 3, and July 31, 2020 – no events on those dates), Subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Thinking about making Truckee your second home? Here are some popular area options:
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Condos for Sale
- Northstar Homes for Sale
- Northstar Condos for Sale
- Grays Crossing Homes for Sale
- Grays Crossing Townhomes for Sale
- Lahontan Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Townhomes for Sale
- Martis Camp Homes for Sale
- Truckee Homes for Sale
- Truckee Condos for Sale
Search the Truckee – Lake Tahoe area by map here: homes, condos, lots, starting with the Truckee area, but you can search North Lake Tahoe too!
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
Truckee Farmers Markets 2020