Truckee Thursdays 2021
In the past, if it is a Thursday between mid-June and late August it would be a Truckee Thursday event night!
For 2021, this popular event returns with a modified schedule of one event Truckee Thursdays a month!
Each year, thousands of locals and visitors have made this a summer tradition, and you’ll want to include it on your summer to-do list too!
You’ll find age-appropriate activities for everyone including a kids area, food trucks/vendors, local merchant promotions (restaurants, shops, services) beer garden (must be 21+ and over for alcohol drinks), and a street festival atmosphere with local vendor booths lined up and down the center of Downtown Historic Truckee providing a great shopping opportunity.
This is a fun block party festival with live music, a beer garden, a lot of arts and crafts booths with many wonderful items to consider buying, along with the local downtown Truckee shops and restaurants that will be open too.
We try to make it to this event at least a couple of times each year. Each time I go, I always walk away thinking, the greater North Lake Tahoe and Truckee area has the best local summer events.
What a great place to live, work, have a second home, or just visit! Truckee Thursdays 2021 returns, and it’s time to have some fun!
While Truckee Thursdays has been a weekly summer event, this year it will be a monthly event: July 15, Aug 12, Sept 9, from 5 p.m. -8:30 p.m.
As things return to normal (post-pandemic), the North Lake Tahoe area will re-start their special events.
Watch for beer tasting, wine sampling, free music concerts, arts and crafts fairs, along with other outdoor events. These seasonal events really allow locals and visitors to enjoy the amazing Tahoe lifestyle our area offers.
The kick-off of Truckee Thursday is Thursday, July 15, 2021. So depending on when you are reading this post you may have as many as three (3) events you can attend this summer.
If you haven’t made plans to be in our area, now is the time to book your summer vacation plans to be here!
This local weekly event is admission FREE for everyone, so there’s no reason to not come and enjoy Truckee Thursdays 2021 event.
- Event Goer Tip: One of the best event-goer tips I can give to someone who has not been to a Truckee Thursday event before is to plan ahead for parking.
Parking in the downtown Truckee area is very limited, so take advantage of the free shuttle services this year from Donner Lake, Squaw Valley, Northstar, Sierra Meadows, Brockway, Prosser, Glenshire, or from Tahoe Donner. Check out the shuttle schedule here.
Taking advantage of any of the free shuttle services into the Truckee Thursday event will mean you don’t have to worry about finding a parking spot!
Come hungry! In 2019, there were over ten (10) full-service food vendors, ten (10) food carts.
There were also more than eighty (80) different artisans, along with commercial and non-profit vendors.
It’s hard to know how many vendors we will have this year, so it is important to come out and support those that do come to the event.
There will be year-around merchants, artists, and food vendors with all sorts of interesting, unique, and delicious goods to choose from.
- Event Goer Tip: Don’t forget to bring along your shopping bag. California is a shopping bag free state, so plan ahead and bring your own recyclable bag so you can easily carry any items you purchase.
Summer is a great time to be here in greater Truckee and North Lake Tahoe and on Thursday nights (modified schedule for 2021) you’ll want to check out the Truckee Thursdays event for a fun evening of food, drink, local entertainment, and artesian goods.
Truckee Thursdays Live Music Schedule for 2021:
- July 15, 2021 | Covurn Station
- August 12, 2021 | The Ghost Town Rebellion
- September 9, 2021 | The Sextones
To learn more about Truckee Thursdays, check out their website here!
This local event is incredibly popular, and visitors from all over the area come out to enjoy the experience of being outside in one of the best mountain settings around!
If you are in the area, stop by the Craig Cooper Farmers Insurance Agency booth and say “Hello”! I’ll be at his vendor booth for all three events!
See you at one of the Truckee Thursdays 2021 summer events this year!
You might also be interested in other North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area events.
In the past, we have had a number of other free and fun weekly events to enjoy all summer (weather permitting), however, last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic most were canceled.
I am hoping we will see some of the events return later this year!
Check out the links for the most current and available information for each event:
- Truckee Music Concerts in the Park Truckee River Regional Park | 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. No update has been provided
- Tahoe City Outdoor Movies on the Beach Downtown Tahoe City (Commons Beach) | Dusk – July 14 – August 18, 2021 ($1 per person donation)
- Farmer’s Market Downtown Tahoe City (Commons Beach) | May 14 – Oct 7, 2021
- Truckee Thursdays (Downtown Historic Truckee) | July 15, 2021, August 12, and September 9, 2021 – Subject to change
- Summer Movies at the Park in Tahoe Vista 2021 | Movies start at Dusk, July 8 – August 12, 2021
- Squaw Valley Outdoor Movies at the Village in Squaw Valley | No update – To be announced
- Kings Beach Live Music Concerts on the Beach | 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. | July 9 -Sept 3, 2021.
- Truckee Saturday Farmers Market (Downtown Historic Truckee at the Railyard Parking Lot) | 8 a.m. – 12 noon – June 5 through September 4, 2021
- Tahoe City Live Music Concerts on the Beach | 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. No schedule at this time, but they are working on an event schedule if restrictions are lifted.
Thinking about making Truckee your second home?
Check out the homes that are for sale in Tahoe Donner in Truckee (location of one of the free shuttle services for Truckee Thursday here:
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Condos and Townhouses for Sale
- Gray’s Crossing Homes for Sale
- Gray’s Crossing Townhomes for Sale
- Lahontan Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Homes for Sale
- Schafer’s Mill Townhomes for Sale
- Martis Camp Homes for Sale
- Northstar Homes for Sale
- Northstar Condos for Sale
- Truckee Homes for Sale
- Truckee Condos for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Condos and Townhouses for Sale
Want to search the Truckee and surrounding area by Map? Start with the Truckee area for homes, condos, and lots here:
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Truckee Thursdays 2021