Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale
Truckee, CA 96161
If you already own a home in the Tahoe Donner community and want to know what your property is worth, call me 530.414.1260 for a confidential consultation.
Why buy a Mountain Home in Tahoe Donner?
Tahoe Donner was one of the first to go with a complete Tahoe resort experience by providing year-around recreational amenities like the downhill ski resort, pools, tennis courts, golf course and access to the East End of Donner Lake with beachfront amenities!
The benefit to home owners is the ability to use all of the Tahoe Donner recreational amenities and facilities, which are available for a very affordable homeowner annual fee.
Market conditions have changed and if you are looking for a Tahoe Donner home for sale under $300,000 you may find there are few, perhaps even no choices will be available in this price range.
You might consider looking in the next price range, or look at the condos that are for sale in Tahoe Donner.
The sales price range for Tahoe Donner has been from the low $300,000’s up to $2 million. If you’d like more market data for the area, give me a call and I can send you my most recent regional newsletter for the North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area.
If you are looking for a specific type of mountain home, location within Tahoe Donner, specific number of bedrooms, bathrooms, a garage, new/newer construction, or price range, it may be that what you are looking for needs a more specific property search.
The best way to make sure you are finding the right homes, or to be notified of future listings is to be on an automatic email notification list and have some professional help
Call me 530.414.1260 for more details and assistance to find the right homes, or to get new listing alert list for the Tahoe Donner area, or for other master planned communities in the greater Truckee area.
Quick Facts about Tahoe Donner:
- One of the largest PUD’s (Planned Unit Developments) in the United States
- Tahoe Donner was established in 1971
- +/- 6,500 properties
- +/- 25,000 members
- Over 68 +/- miles of private roads within the subdivision.
- The Tahoe Donner community is located in Nevada County in incorporated Truckee, CA.
At the end of 2017 approximately:
- +/- 89% of the development is built-out
- Over +/- 80% of the property owners are second home/condo owners.
- Tahoe Donner has over +/- 7,000 acres (over 4,000 acres of common area and +/- 45 miles of trails), with twenty-six (26) buildings and over 120 acres of ski-able area at the Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort area.
The Tahoe Donner community is popular with second home owners with a wide variety of recreational amenities, which include the following:
Northwoods Clubhouse | Pizza on the Hill, Bocce Ball Courts, Archery, Horseshoes, Volleyball,Seasonal Pool/Waterslide, Tennis, Playground, Meeting Area
11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee, CA 530-587-9400 info@TahoeDonner.com
Trout Creek Recreational Center | Golf Driving Range and Snowplay Area
12790 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee, CA 530-587-9437 | 530-587-9400 TroutCreek@TahoeDonner.com
The Lodge Restaurant | 530-587-9455 www.TheLodge-Tahoe.com
12850 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee, CA
Tahoe Donner Golf Course | 530-587-9440 www.GolfatTahoeDonner.com
12850 Northwoods blvd., Truckee, CA
Alder Creek Campground | 530-587-9462 Campground@TahoeDonner.com
13813 lder Creek Road, Truckee, CA
Cross Country Center | 530-587-9462 www.TDXC.com
15275 Alder Creek Road, Truckee, CA
Alder Creek Adventure Center | Bike Works 530-582-9694 BikeWorks@TahoeDonner.com
Equestrian Center | 530-587-9484 Equestrian@TahoeDonner.com
15275 Alder Creek Road, Truckee, CA
Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Area | Ski Area – Seasonal Use
11603 Snowpeak Way, Truckee, CA 530-587-9444 www.SkiatTahoeDonner.com
Day Camps at Downhill Ski Area | 530-587-9493
11603 Snowpeak Way, Truckee, CA DayCamps@TahoeDonner.com
Beach Club Marina | 530-587-9460 Marina@TahoeDonner.com
12915 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, CA Donner Lake
Each property owner has an annual assessment fee, along with an additional optional fee for additional amenities. The transfer fee is between owners when the property changes title:
- 2018 | $1,900/year | Optional Rec Fee $270/year | $385/Transfer Fee
- 2017 | $1,900/year | Optional Rec Fee $270/year | $385/Transfer Fee
- 2016 | $1,900/year | Optional Rec Fee $270/year | $280/Transfer Fee
- 2015 | $1,800/year | Optional Rec Fee $260/year | $280/Transfer Fee
- 2014 | $1,600/year | Optional Rec Fee $245/year | $275/Transfer Fee
- 2013 | $1,505/year | Optional Rec Fee $225/year | $265/Transfer Fee
- 2012 | $1,375/year | Optional Rec Fee $225/year | $265/Transfer Fee
- 2011 | $1,330/year | Optional Rec Fee $220/year | $265/Transfer Fee
- 2010 | $1,300/year | Optional Rec Fee $220/year | $265/Transfer Fee
- 2009 | $1,200/year | Optional Rec Fee $220/year | $265/Transfer Fee
- 2008 | $1,152/year | Optional Rec Fee $242/year | $150/Transfer Fee
- 2007 | $1,097/year | Optional Rec Fee $220/year | $150/Transfer Fee
- 2006 | $1,043/year | Optional Rec Fee $197/year | $150/Transfer Fee
- 2005 | $993/year | Optional Rec Fee $170/year | $150/Transfer Fee
- 2004 | $964/year | Optional Rec Fee $170/year | $150/Transfer Fee
The Tahoe Donner area is a mountain community that offers recreational facilities and events for their members (property owners) and the public.
While most facilities are open to the public for a single use fee, there are some facilities that are only for Tahoe Donner members and depending on the member package selected, access to the private facilities can either be covered under the additional HOA Recreational Fee, or on a single use fee basis .
Tahoe Donner public recreational facilities include a downhill and cross country ski resort areas, a championship 18-hole golf course, equestrian center, and campground.
Tahoe Donner also has private recreational facilities that are for member-only & guest use and include tennis courts, hiking trails, pools (seasonal and year-around use), a beach club marina at the east end of Donner Lake and a fitness center.
Tahoe Donner condos and homes for sale are very desirable because of their close proximity to downtown Historic Truckee, Donner Lake, Northstar Ski Resort, Squaw Valley Ski Resort, Alpine Meadows, and the entire North Lake Tahoe area.
Tahoe Donner is where you’ll enjoy the Tahoe lifestyle and all of the outdoor recreational activities our area has to offer such as boating, hiking, biking, tennis, golf, skiing, shopping, and restaurants.
The Tahoe Donner area is a favorite mountain home community for second home owners and it is a great place to live all year long!
If you already own a Tahoe Donner Home and want to know what your property is worth, call me 530.414.1260 for a confidential consultation.
Need more Truckee Luxury Home buying options? Check out other Golf Course Communities in Truckee here:
Need more help in trying to figure out your Tahoe Donner, or Truckee home buying options?
Do you want help figuring out the different neighborhoods, locations, communities with shared amenities, HOA fees and the ones that will best meet your needs? Call me at 530.414.1260 and I can help you find the right place to buy!
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.
Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale