First Time Tahoe Home Buyer
Approaching the task of buying a home can be overwhelming. It is a complex event during which there is so much to learn and to consider. How much can I afford? Where will the down payment come from? How much will I need and where can I find the best loan? How do I begin the look for a home, what should I expect from my real estate agent and what type of home is right for me?
These questions are just the beginning. Buying a home is one of the largest financial transactions in one’s lifetime, yet most people know very little about it. When embarking on the path to home ownership here are two very important points to remember:
- You can and should understand everything that is happening in the home buying process.
- You will need to learn some new terms, apply some new concepts and take the time to learn about purchasing a home.
Always remember that you are the most important person throughout the entire real estate process. It is easy to think that many others may have more expertise, or clout, but the truth is that you, the buyer, are the one person in this transaction that makes it all happen. If you decide not to buy, the entire process comes to a complete stop.
If you plan from the beginning to approach the home buying process intelligently and with confidence, you are much more likely to buy the home you’ve always wanted, and have the confidence that the best decisions were made.
Steps To Buying A Tahoe Home
1. Make a decision to rent or buy.
2. Select the right Tahoe Real Estate Agent to help you through the entire buying process.
3. Select the right mortgage lender who can help you through the entire home loan process
4. Figure out how much house you can afford.
5. Get a loan pre-approval.
6. Decide what kind of home you want.
7. Find the right neighborhood.
8. Begin the home search.
9. Preview the homes.
10. Make an offer, let the negotiation process begin.
11. Apply and complete the mortgage loan process.
12. Have the inspections conducted.
13. Negotiate out any problems.
14. Close the transaction.
15. Move into your new home.