Lahontan Homes for Sale
Resort Planned Community, Truckee, CA 96161
If you already own a home in the Lahontan development and want to know what your property is worth, call me 530.414.1260 for a confidential consultation.
The Lahontan Community and Golf Club neighborhood of Truckee, California is located approximately five (5) miles north of Historic Downtown Truckee, seven and one-half (7.5) miles north of the Village at Northstar Ski Resort area, and only twelve and one-half (12.5) miles north of downtown Kings Beach and the public beaches of Lake Tahoe. The Lahontan community is located in Placer County.
The Lahontan neighborhood is a luxury, gated, private golf course community that broke ground by the developer back in September 1996. Just two years later in July 1998, the 18 Hole Tom Weiskopf Golf Course opened for play and set the standard for private golf courses in the North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area.
The Lahontan community has new, and newer, larger mountain-style homes that meet the Lahontan Design Review community standards. You will find a variety of high-end mountain-style homes ranging from the traditional mountain lodge style to mountain contemporary in this community.
Lahontan has approximately +/- 509 parcels covering 906 acres. Approximately +/- 300 homes have been built.
Between 2005-2009 the golf community made the move to becoming an owner-equity development and as of 2009 that transition was completed and today the Lahontan Golf Members are equity memberships.
The golf membership is restricted to 350 members and all memberships have been sold. The only way to get a golf membership is to buy one from another member.
Golf members have access to all Lahontan recreational amenities, including the 18 Hole Golf Course, the Par 3 Golf Course. All golf members pay an annual fee in addition to paying for the membership.
If you’d like to be a Lahontan golf member, you do not have to be a property owner in the Lahontan subdivision.
Out of the 350 Lahontan Golf Members, approximately 130 are not current property owners.
In addition to the purchase price there is an additional $10,000 transfer fee, or 25% of the golf membership sales price, whichever is larger (that breakpoint is just about $40,000 when the fee begins to increase).
The Lahontan community also offers a Social Membership, which is a non-equity membership and provides members access to all recreational amenities, except for the 18 Hole Golf Course, Par 3, and Golf Practice area. Social Memberships may, or may not be available with the purchase of a home/lot. Social Members also pay an annual fee.
Lastly, all Lahontan property owners are required to pay a HOA fee on a quarterly basis, which covers maintenance of common areas, private road maintenance snow removal on Schaffer Mill Road and Interior Roads with in Lahontan 24-hour Gatehouse, and Design Review.
If a Lahontan property owner wants access to the pool, spa, even the playground area, you must be a Lahontan Social Member.
If you are looking to buy into the Lahontan community, you’ll find a variety of settings ranging from spectacular mountain views, many of the Northstar Ski Resort, golf course, pond, season creeks/rivers, meadows, and forest settings.
The Lahontan area is known for its easy year-around access, the larger lot sizes, nice wide streets, and the high-end, luxury, new/newer construction homes that are located in this neighborhood.
As a potential buyer for the Lahontan community, you’ll be impressed with the financial management and how well run the community has been with over 90% of the 30-year replacement budget funded, and 100% of their 25-year replacement budget has been funded.
Lahontan homes for sale are very desirable because of their close proximity to the Northstar Ski Resort area, downtown Historic Truckee, Donner Lake, and the North Lake Tahoe area.
You’ll enjoy the Tahoe lifestyle here and all of the outdoor recreational activities our area has to offer such as boating, hiking, biking, tennis, golf, skiing, shopping, and restaurants.
Lahontan Community Details:
- Lahontan is located in Martis Valley in unincorporated Placer County in the state of California, zip code 96161
- Elevation at the entrance to Lahontan is approximately 6,519 feet above sea level
- Approximately +/- 509 Residential parcels
- Approximately +/- 906 Acres
- Zoning in the area: Single Family Residential Lots
- Mail Delivery via the US Postal System for owners comes in the form of a lock box system, with multiple boxes locked in a single location for residents to pick up.
- Most homes are heated by either natural gas, or electricity.
- Garbage is picked up once a week. It is highly recommended that property owners install a “bear box” to house their garbage cans.
- Water is supplied to the area through the Truckee Donner Public Utility District (TDPUD).
- Sewer – All properties in the Lahontan area must be tied into the Tahoe Truckee Sanitary Agency (TTSA) public sewer system. Septic systems are not allowed in the Lahontan area.
- HOA Fee: Lahontan Mandatory Home Owner Association (HOA) – All property owners are members of the Lahontan HOA – $1,175/quarter For the year: 2022) covers common area maintenance, private road maintenance, snow removal on roads, and 24-hour Gatehouse. Doc Prep Fee when ownership changes: $400, subject to change
- Pets are allowed, but there are pet owner rules so you’ll want to check out the CC&R’s, ByLaws, and House Rules
- Limited Property Fencing is allowed to accommodate dogs. You cannot fully fence in your area. You’ll want to check with the Design Review Committee before building any fencing
- Rentals – No short-term vacation rentals are allowed. Long-term rentals of more than 30 days are permitted, however, renters do not have access to any of the Golf Equity Member, or Social Membership amenities. That means your renter can not use the pool, tennis courts, playground equipment, fitness center, etc…
- Optional Lahontan Golf Equity, or Invitational Memberships – Property ownership is not required to own a Lahontan Golf Equity Membership, however membership is limited to 350 members. The only way to join this group is to purchase a Lahontan Golf Membership from an existing member. Each selling member sets their own price. The transfer of a Lahontan Golf Membership is $10,000 or 25% of the sales price, whichever is larger, plus annual dues.
- Lahontan Golf Equity Membership includes the following amenities:
- Access to Tom Weiskopf 18 Hole Golf Course (only Golf Equity Members – no social members)
- Access to the Tom Weiskopf 9 Hole Golf Course (only Golf Equity Members – no social members)
- Access to the Golf Practice Area (only Golf Equity Members – no social members)
- Access to all Lahontan Social Membership Amenities
- Guests can not play on the course unless the Equity Golf Member is present
- Optional Lahontan Social Memberships – Only available to property owners – subject to availability (moratorium on sales/new membership starting in 2021. May, or may not be available.): Fees were, and most likely have increased: $20,000 initiation fee. Annual Fee $8,750/year billed January 1 each year. Lahontan Social Membership provides access to the following amenities:
- Lawn Bowling
- Camp Lahontan Pavilion
- Recreation Swimming Pool
- Splash Pool
- Lap Pool
- Heated Spa
- Three (3) Clay Tennis Courts
- Two (2) Bocce Ball Courts
- Lodge and Dining Facilities (Additional fees for food and beverages)
- Day Spa (Additional fees for services)
- Fitness Area (Open year-round)
- Men’s Locker Room (Open year-round)
- Women’s Locker Room (Open year-round)
- Golf Shop
- Lahontan also offers additional services to members for an additional fee:
- House Watch Current Pricing/month not available
- Alarm Monitoring Current Pricing/month not available
- Design Review Committee – If you are building a new home, you’ll have to work with the Design Review Committee, and there are additional Design Review Fees as part of the Lahontan new home building process. They are as estimates, and are subject to change:
- $6,000 for homes up to 3,250 square feet in size
- $9,000 for homes between 3,251 square feet to 6,000 square feet in size
- $10,000 for a home over 6,000+ square feet in size
See More Lahontan Luxury Resort Community Photographs Here:
Need more luxury home buying options? Check out some of the other Luxury Golf Course Communities in Truckee for Sale here:
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Condos for Sale
- Northstar Homes for Sale
- Northstar Condos for Sale
- Grays Crossing Homes for Sale
- Grays Crossing Fairway Townhomes for Sale
- Lahontan Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Townhomes for Sale
- Martis Camp Homes for Sale
- Truckee Homes for Sale
- Truckee Condos for Sale
Need more help in trying to figure out your planned community, or luxury home buying options in Truckee?
Do you want help figuring out the HOA fees and which golf course community will best meet your needs?
Call me at 530.414.1260 and I can help you find the right place to buy!
For All of Your Tahoe Real Estate Needs:
Laura A. Allen | 530.414.1260 | Laura@TahoeLaura.com
BROKER ASSOCIATE | Tahoe Real Estate Agent
Coldwell Banker | Tahoe City – Truckee, CA
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.
Lahontan Homes for Sale