EVERLINE RESORT AND SPA
400 Squaw Creek Road
Olympic Valley, CA 96146
Mountain Resort Condominium Development,
The Everline Resort and Spa Condominium Development is a luxury mountain resort development located in the Olympic Valley community, which was home to the 1960 Winter Olympics!
Everline Resort and Spa Condos for Sale:
If you love to ski, golf, hike, bike, play at the lake, and just being outdoors enjoying the mountain lifestyle, you may want to make the North Lake Tahoe your second home destination too!
The North Lake Tahoe – Truckee region, which includes the Olympic Valley area, offers area residents and visitors year-around sports and activities.
If you love winter sports, then you’ll appreciate our world-class downhill skiing, cross-county skiing, s
nowboarding, ice skating, snow shoeing, and just the pure joy that comes from playing in our Sierra snow.
If you are a luxury Tahoe condo buyer and you don’t want to deal with any of the details that will come with condo/second home ownership in our area, and you are looking for professional management and recommendations, then you should consider condominium ownership at the Everline Resort and Spa.
Owning a condo-hotel is the perfect combination of hotel services and on-site support for home ownership.
Use your unit exclusively, or take advantage of the on-site vacation rental company and enjoy the best of both worlds – owner use and generating income when you aren’t using your luxury unit.
The Everline Resort and Spa offers a concierge-style luxury resort experience with valet service, downhill ski-in and ski-out facilities, cross-country skiing, ice skating along with access to a year-around out-door heated swimming pool, in-ground spa/hot tubs.
While the Everline Resort and Spa is best known for it’s winter ski-in and ski-out facilities it is also a great place to be to enjoy our amazing Tahoe summers.
Golf anyone? Enjoy the 18-hole Robert Trent Jones, Jr. designed golf course, tennis courts, or just hanging out at the pool and soaking in the sunshine and scenary.
Don’t forget there is always the complimentary shuttle service to the Palisades Tahoe Village (no parking frustrations here) for more recreational, dining and shopping options, not to mention the fun seasonal summer festivals that happen throughout the summer and fall season.
So many options and choices make the Resort at Squaw Creek a top choice for the Tahoe condo buyer that is looking for a first-class experience.
The Resort offers ease of ownership. A benefit of being located in a condo-hotel resort setting you’ll have access to restaurants, bars, shops, professional day spa, and the option for room service (a favorite option of mine that very few developments offer in our area).
A common Tahoe Buyer mistake is to overlook the Everline Resort and Spa because of the higher monthly Home Owner Association (HOA) fees for each unit by not understanding what is included in their fee structure.
In order to make a fair and complete analysis of HOA fees and true ownership costs, you must complete a full comparison of all fees that a condo owner will incur from one complex to the next.
Most HOA fees are not all-inclusive and do not include all of the additional on-going costs to operate a unit, but the Resort HOA total fee does include utilities and other critical services.
The Resort HOA total combined monthly fee includes gas, electric (heating and air conditioning), Internet, Cable, water, sewer, garbage, the list goes on and on, along with the amenity fee.
The monthly HOA fee for the Everline Resort and Spa, when compared to other developments may offer a better value for the type of ownership and lifestyle experience you are hoping to enjoy.
Luxury condo buyers need to take into account the value of staff and support, and year-around amenities like the year-around out-door heated swimming pool, in-ground spa/hot tubs, not to mention the luxury vacation resort experience of being able to get away from the everyday grind and fully enjoy the Olympic Valley and North Lake Tahoe recreational experience that our area offers.
The Everline Resort and Spa Condominium Development has approximately +/-405 units, and the development is located at the East-end the Olympic Valley community.
The Resort setting offers spectacular views of the entire Olympic Valley area including the Palisades Tahoe Ski Resort at the West end of the Valley.
In the summer the Everline Resort and Spa owners enjoy being just minutes from Lake Tahoe and the Tahoe City area.
While our summers are very comfortable, our days will be hot and for those looking for properties with air conditioning, this is one of the few condo developments that have air conditioning in all units.
The development has several different floor plans from a studio unit (hotel bedroom), one (1), two (2), and three (3) bedroom configurations.
Everline Resort and Spa Units for Sale by floor plan size:
- Everline Resort and Spa Studio Condos for Sale
- Everline Resort and Spa 1 Bedroom Condos for Sale
- Everline Resort and Spa 2 Bedroom Condos for Sale
- Everline Resort and Spa 3 Bedroom Condos for Sale
The Everline Resort and Spa has a large main lobby area with plenty of seating and a fireplace. They also have shops, restaurants/bars, along with many recreational activities.
The resort continues to invest in their facilities and many unit owners just completed a refurbishment (optional refurbishment paid for by the individual unit owners – many out of their rental FF&E accounts).
For a two (2) bedroom unit that expense was around $30,000 to give potential buyers an idea on the commitment many owners have recently made into their units that elected the update.
The complex offers condo owners a great combination of luxury support and service with a wonderful Tahoe resort life-style.
The Everline Resort and Spa Condominium Complex Features:
- Note – Formerly known as the Resort at Squaw Creek – in March 2023
- Mountain Resort Property Development
- 238 Units (The total number of rooms for rent is higher as the two and three bedroom combinations can be used in different combinations increasing the rooms available – FYI)
- Three (3) Outdoor Heated Swimming Pools (at least one (1) Year-Around Pool)
- Outdoor In-ground Hot Tubs/Spas
- Health and Fitness Center with men and women locker rooms with separate dry saunas and steam rooms.
- Ski Mountain* (Ski-in and Ski-out Resort) Chair Lift
- Two (2) Tennis Courts* (not in use, and most likely to be removed as they are damaged)
- Ice Skating Rink* – Seasonal
- Fly Fishing*
- 18 Hole Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Golf Course*
- Full-Service Spa and Salon*
- Convention and Meeting Room Facilities*
- Laundry facilities – Second Floor (Penthouse units have washer/dryer)
- EV’s – Three (3) Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations – 2 Telesa charging stations and 1 EV station
- On-site Concierge services for housekeeping, shopping, transportation and owner services.
- Variety of Settings:
- Front Side of the Development: Valley Views – View of Palisades Tahoe Ski Resort Mountain, Golf Course, Pool Area View Condos (Typically units with this view have an even numbered unit.)
- Back Side of the Development: Forest (Typically units with this view are odd numbered unit.)
- Forest – Ski Hill View
- Golf Course View
- Floor Plans and Layouts:
- Studio w/1 Bathroom (Hotel style room) (Size Varies +/- 374 sq. ft. to +/-379 sq. ft.)
- One (1) Bedroom, Living Room w/Fireplace, and 1 Bathroom (Size Varies +/- 529 sq. ft. to +/-655 sq. ft.)
- One (1) Bedroom, Living Room w/Fireplace, and 2 Bathrooms, two levels on the Penthouse level (Size Varies +/- 758 sq. ft. to +/-780 sq. ft.) Includes Washer/Dryer
- Two (2) Bedrooms, Living Room w/Fireplace, and 2 Bathrooms (Size Varies +/- 1,025 sq. ft. to +/-1,202 sq. ft.) This is a combination of a Studio and One Bedroom floor plans.
- Two (2) Bedrooms, Living Room w/Fireplace, and 2 Bathrooms, two levels on the Penthouse level (Size Varies +/- 1,025 sq. ft. to +/-1,202 sq. ft.) This is a combination of a Studio and One Bedroom floor plans. Includes Washer/Dryer.
- Three (3) Bedrooms, Living Room w/Fireplace, and 3 Bathrooms (Size Varies +/- 1,454 sq. ft. to +/-1,786 sq. ft.) This is a combination of two (2) Studios and One Bedroom floor plans.
- Three (3) Bedrooms, Living Room w/Fireplace, and 3.5 Bathrooms (Size Varies +/- 1,777 sq. ft. to +/-1,962 sq. ft.)
- Three (3) Bedrooms, Living Room w/Fireplace, and 3.5 Bathrooms, two levels on the Penthouse level (Size Varies +/- 1,777 sq. ft. to +/-1,962 sq. ft.)
- Three (3) Bedrooms, Living Room w/Fireplace, and 4 Bathrooms, two livings rooms, and two kitchens, two levels on the Penthouse level (Size Varies +/- 1,777 sq. ft. to +/-1,962 sq. ft.)
- Note: Units can be a stand-alone, or a combination of several units. If you see more than one unit number, then there are multiple units and owners can use one unit, while still renting out the other unit(s). They can also have one large unit by just unlocking the adjoining doors between the units.
- Some units may have one Assessor Parcel Number (APN), but some multiple units may have multiple APN numbers.
- Most units have a mini-kitchen, but there are a few units that do have a full kitchen.
- A few units (penthouse) have a washer/dryer in the unit, but almost all of the units do not have that appliance. Most units are single floor living, while the penthouse units are two levels.
- Elevators are in the owners’ building, along with staircases.
- Odd Number Units are on the back-side of the building and even number units are on the front side of the building.
- Development Size: The entire complex condo owners/resort operator covers approximately +/- 195 Acres
- Built in: 1990/1991 with a current $50 million renaissance improvements being made in the development.
- Prior to this current improvement project, the entire complex had a major renovation completed in early 2000’s when the complex was converted into the current condominium owner configuration.
- Located in Placer County
- Property Type: Condominium
- Most likely, potential loan lenders will consider the Everline Resort and Spa as a “condo-hotel” and they may not have a loan program for this type of property.
- Buyers that may need a loan and do not have cash as an option should get pre-qualified with a “condo-hotel” lender as soon as possible.
- On-site Property Management – Vacation Rental Option for Owners, which is operated by a third party (Destination Hotels and Resorts) and located in the lobby area of the main building housing the restaurants, bars, convention facilities, and larger recreational facilities.
- Owners are NOT required to be on the Vacation Rental Program through the Everline Resort and Spa Management Company.
- Pets Allowed – See owner rules for more information.
- HOA Fee Covers the following:
- Building reserves
- Common area house- keeping (halls, lobbies, elevators),
- Windows, a proportional share of the following items: easement areas, joint maintenance areas, snow removal, ground maintenance
- Utilities: electricity, air conditioning, gas (propane), water, sewer, trash, cable TV, internet
- Building/common area insurance, maintenance, management, applicable personnel.
- There are also amenity and service fees that are also included like the valet, fitness center, pool, lobby, Porte cochere, transportation, bell staff, front desk, concierge, etc… (most agents will provide a total monthly assessment fee which is both the monthly HOA assessment, which varies based upon the size of the unit/configuration and a Monthly Amenity Fee)
- HOA fee covers just about everything for an owner, so if you are comparing the total monthly assessment (HOA and Amenity Fee) against other similar properties, you’ll need to add in the cost of all monthly utilities so that you are apples-to-apples on cost to compare units.
- Owners only – free valet parking (renters/friends/family members pay for valet). There is no charge for self-parking.
- Not Covered by the HOA:
- Condo Owners are Responsible for their own personal property tax bill (your state property tax bill),
- In-room phone
- Content/Liability Insurance
- Additional items: restaurant(s), room service, bar(s), golf, skiing, cross country skiing, fly fishing, conference facilities, shopping in the shops, spa/spa services, fishing, ice skating just to name a few items/services that will be extra expenses.
- If something breaks in your unit, you will be billed to fix it.
- HOA Mandatory fees are not a flat fee per unit, but rather a sliding scale and the monthly fee is based on a formula that the HOA has developed and varies based upon the square footage/number/number of bedrooms/bathrooms.
- HOA Fee is made up of two parts – The Monthly Homeowners Association fee and the Monthly Amenity and Service Fee: Fees vary based upon the size and floor plan/configuration.
- For the year 2022- 2023 The Total HOA Unit Fee (Homeowners Fee and Amenity Fee combined totals) HOA fee does vary by square footage bed/bath combos and HOA will need to confirm the actual fee for a specific unit. Ranges:
- Studio +/-$1,236/month
- 1 bd/ 1 ba +/-$1,389/month – $1,542/month
- 2 bd/ 2 ba +/-$1,736/month – $1,819/month
- 3 bd/ 3 ba +/-$2,331/month
- 3 bd/ 3.5 ba +/- $2,331/month – $2,500/month
- HOA Transfer, or Doc Prep Fee $75 when ownership changes
- HOA Unit Refurbishment (2015): Owners had the option (voluntary) to participate in the recent room refurbishment of their units.
- Depending on the size of the unit owners paid between $10,000 to $50,000.
- Owners that wanted to stay on the on-site vacation rental program needed to complete the renovation. If owners were on the rental program their refurbishment was paid out of the FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment) accounts.
- Owners that did not complete the voluntary unit renovation/update, as a new owner if you want to be on the on-site rental program you will most likely need to make updates to your unit to be eligible to get on the program. You’ll need to work with the rental group to make sure your unit meets their rental standards.
- One of the benefits of owning at the Resort is having the management put together a complete renovation package, selecting linens, furniture, and making suggestions that will have long-term value. A professional team assembled for you that only requires owners to say yes, or no!
- HOA Unit Future Refurbishment – Discussions are under way for the next unit updates/upgrades. No timeline, or amounts have been determined. Most likely something for owners to decide in late 2023 – 2024.
- If you are on the vacation rental program and use the unit as an owner, you will be charged a cleaning fee that will be in addition to your monthly fees.
- *Denotes an Additional Fee is Required for use/purchase.
- The Resort at Squaw Creek is not all owned by the condo owners. The condo owners own just the high-rise building that their individual units are located in. The rest of the facilities – golf course, convention/restaurants/bars/shops, ski mountain, ice skating rink, fly fishing are owned and operated/managed by a third party (Destination Hotels & Resorts). The condo owners have a working relationship with the operator of the resort and both groups benefit in sharing the luxury Tahoe resort-style experience.
What to Expect if you’re an owner at the Everline Resort and Spa on their on-site Vacation Rental Program (general consideration – check with the rental company to confirm any and all information):
- Owners can expect the following to be deducted from the gross rental fees:
- Professional property management fee
- Cleaning fee (renters do not pay a separate cleaning fee, it is included in the nightly room charge)
- Marketing, along with other fees that are incurred with the on-site rental programs.
- Owners are asked to have an FF&E (Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment) account (4% of gross revenue – this is your money, but held out for future refurbishments), which means you are putting your money away for future unit improvements on an ongoing basis, but is deducted from what is paid to you.
- Gross Rental Income: Potential Rental Income will be impacted by how much an owner uses the unit, especially during peak demand times. Expect seasonality in demand and use by vacation renters.
- Owners who are on the onsite rental program will have to pay a cleaning fee after they use the unit each time. The actual cleaning fee will vary depending on the size of the unit.
- Owners will have to pay for a phone land-line in the room – an additional expense.
- Owners do receive special discounts on services within the resort that use the on-site rental program.
- Owners are periodically charged for new linens and will need to keep the unit in top condition for vacation rentals (fund a refurbish and replacement account).
- Owners will have to have insurance that covers liability for rentals.
- Want more information on The Everline Resort and Spa check out their Vacation Rental Website: www.EverlineResortandSpa.com
If you already own a condo in The Everline Resort and Spa development and want to know what your property is worth, call me 530.414.1260 for a confidential consultation.
Want more condo buying options? Here is are all of the condos for sale in the Olympic Valley area:
Search all North Lake Tahoe – Truckee Properties (homes, condos, and lots) by Map Here:
If you want to search for condos and townhomes for sale by Olympic Valley Condo Complex here are some of the developments:
- Aspens | 100 Winding Creek Road, Olympic Valley, CA
- Christy Hill | 1605-1610 Christy Hill Road, Olympic Valley, CA
- Palisades at Olympic Valley | Palisades Circle, Olympic Valley, CA
- Squaw Peak | 410-450 Shirley Canyon Road, Olympic Valley, CA
- Squaw Ridge | 3009 Ridge Court and 3003 Meadow Court, Olympic Valley, CA
- Palisades Tahoe Lodge | 201 Shirley Canyon Road, Olympic Valley, CA
- Squaw Valley Meadows | 1581 – 1587 Olympic Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA
- Tram Condos | 460 Shirley Canyon Road Olympic Valley, CA
- Valley View | 1560 Olympic Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA
- Tavern Inn | 227 Olympic Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA
- Everline Resort and Spa, 400 Squaw Creek Road, Olympic Valley, CA
- The Village at Palisades Tahoe (formerly known as the Village at Squaw Valley)
- Village at Palisades Tahoe – Building 1 | First Ascent 1995 Olympic Valley Road, Olympic Valley
- Village at Palisades Tahoe – Building 2 | NorthFace 1985 Olympic Valley Road, Olympic Valley
- Village at Palisades Tahoe – Building 3 | 1880 Village South Road, Olympic Valley
- Village at Palisades Tahoe – Building 4 |1850 Village South Road, Olympic Valley
- Village at Palisades Tahoe – Building 5 | 1750 Village East Road, Olympic Valley
- Olympic Valley Condos
- Alpine Meadows Condos
- Homes for Sale on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe
- Homes for Sale on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Condos and Townhouses for Sale
- Northstar Condos
- Tahoe Donner Condos
- Truckee Condos
- Truckee LuxuryCondos for sale
Need more help in trying to figure out your North Lake Tahoe and Olympic Valley condo buying options?
Do you want help figuring out the HOA fees and which condo development will best meet your needs?
Call me at 530.414.1260 and I can help you find the right place to buy!
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.
Everline Resort and Spa Condominium Development