- Most of the houses are larger mountain-style homes. It has a number of newer, high-end, luxury properties, along with a variety of mountain style properties and a few smaller cabins.
- Many have a view of Lake Tahoe
- Nice wide streets making winter access easier
- Approximately half of the houses in the subdivision have either a flat, or relatively flat lot and/or driveway.
- Optional Home Owners Group providing members with access to recreational amenities.
- Centrally located providing easy access to Alpine Meadows, Squaw Valley, Homewood, or Northstar ski resort areas.
One of the features that most Dollar Point homes have is the optional Dollar Point Association (DPA) membership.
The DPA is an optional home owners’ association and their recreational amenities are designed to provide a resort-style experience.
Dollar Point Association (DPA) Features:
The Dollar Point Association (DPA) has two home owner amenity recreational areas.
The first is located at 170 Observation Drive, Tahoe City, which is the site of:
Three (3) tennis courts
BBQ and Picnic area
Bocce Ball Courts
Children playground equipment and open lawn area
The second location is at 3000 Edgewater Drive, Tahoe City, which has the following:
Two lakeside tennis courts
Gated Lake Tahoe sandy beach area with BBQ/picnic area and bathrooms
Owner Boat Buoy Field
- Dollar Point subdivision is located in unincorporated Placer County
- Approximately 569 +/- Residential parcels
- Approximately 39 +/- Lakefront parcels
- Zoning in the subdivision: Single Family Residential Lots
- Mail Delivery via the US Postal Post Box System – Tahoe City, California located in the Lighthouse Mall at 850 North Lake Blvd.
- Mail is not delivered to homes on the North Shore, or West Shores of Lake Tahoe and can only be received at the Post Office.
- Most homes are heated by either natural gas, electricity, some solar
- Garbage is picked up once a week. It is highly recommended that property owners install a “bear box” to house their garbage cans.
- Water is supplied to the area through the Tahoe City Public Utility Department (TCPUD).
- Sewer – All properties in the Dollar Point area must be tied into the Tahoe City Public Utility Department (TCPUD) public sewer system.
- Septic systems are not allowed in the Tahoe Basin area.
- Optional Home Owners Association Costs:
- DPA Annual Cost $980/year (For the Year: 2019)
- Transfer fee of $2,500 plus a $35 Document Preparation Fee.
- Initiation Fee (not transfer fee): Property is not a current member the DPA so new owners would pay an initiation fee is $25,000.
- See HOA Buoy rules for more information on access and cost.
- Currently there are approximately DPA Members: 524 members (homes/parcels) that have chosen to participate in the optional DPA program.
- Nearby Public and State Parks:
- Nearby Golf Courses:
- Tahoe City Golf Course (9 Holes) – Tahoe City
- Old Brockway Golf Course (9 Holes) – Kings Beach
- Resort at Squaw Creek Golf Course (18 Holes) – Olympic Valley
- Northstar Golf Course (18 Holes) – Northstar | Truckee
- Nearest mini-mart – 7-Eleven just before the entrance to Dollar Point Subdivision
- Nearest gas stations – Tahoe City!
Do you want more luxury home buying options? Check out all Luxury Homes for Sale North Lake Tahoe (North Shore and West Shore) here:
Need more help in trying to figure out your Dollar Point – Lake Tahoe home buying options?
Do you want help figuring out which neighborhoods and locations will best meet your individual needs? Call me at 530.414.1260 and I can help you find the right place to buy!
Want to see what condos are for sale in Lake Tahoe? Here are the current listings:
Thinking about a home or cabin? Check out the homes that are for sale here:
Search by Community:
- Kings Beach Condos for Sale
- Kings Beach Condos for Sale in a Lakefront Development
- Kings Beach Homes for Sale
- Kings Beach Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Condos for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Condos for Sale in a Lakefront Development
- Tahoe Vista Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Condos for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Homes for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Homewood Condos for Sale
- Homewood Homes for Sale
- Homewood Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Condos for Sale
- Tahoma Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.