8000 & 8004 North Lake Boulevard
Kings Beach, California 96143
Beachfront | Lakefront Complex
North Shore Lake Tahoe, California
Sweetbriar Shares Currently for Sale:
The Sweetbriar Condominium Development is a fractional ownership complex located in downtown Kings Beach at the intersection of Highway 267 and Highway 28.
Sweetbriar is a small gated, beachfront | lakefront setting development in North Lake Tahoe.
Sweetbriar has approximately twelve (12) units, which include six (6) lakefront units and six (6) garden units. All units were set-up as fractional ownership with six (6) shares per unit. All units have access to the beachfront area.
The Garden units have three (3) units on the top level and three (3) units on the bottom level. Each lakefront unit occupies the top and bottom level of the unit and they each have an attached one-car garage.
The Sweetbriar complex is one of the newer developments on the North Shore as units were built between 1991 – 1998.
Sweetbriar offered a variety of floor plans with one (1), two (2), and three (3) bedroom layouts. Many of the units have filtered lake views of Lake Tahoe, along with the unobstructed lake views from the lakefront units.
Sweetbriar is a condominium development that offers fractional ownership in each unit. Originally each unit was set-up for 1/6 ownership, which gives an owner eight (8) to nine (9) weeks a year of use depending on the rotation schedule. Fractional ownership is not the same thing as “Time Share Ownership”.
Fractional share ownership comes with each owner having their own Placer County Assessor number (APN#). Each share owner is responsible for their monthly HOA fees and their annual property taxes that come with each share.
Sweetbriar is technically a beachfront development, which means the public has a right to be out in front of the development on the public beach area that is between the lakefront units and the waterline of Lake Tahoe.
The Sweetbriar Condo development offers its owners a sandy beach area, and buoy access through the HOA group. Owners enjoy a small HOA group environment and a lower HOA fee structure than some of the other lakefront developments in the area.
Located close to Kings Beach on the North Lake Tahoe, the Sweetbriar condo development is close to the golf course, shopping, restaurants, Northstar Ski Resort, and the Nevada State line and all of the recreational activities the Lake Tahoe area has to offer.
Sweetbriar Condominium Complex Features:
- Beachfront | Lakefront Setting Development
- Fractional Share Ownership (6 shares per unit, some unit may have an owner that owns more than one share, or all shares for that unit)
- Buoy Option (2 Buoys per California State Lands) See HOA rules for use
- Sandy Beach
- 12 Units in the complex (each unit is then broken into ownership shares)
- 6 Lakefront units. Only the Lakefront units have a one (1) car attached garage
- 6 Garden Units – 3 units on the top level and 3 units on the ground level, each Garden unit gets only one parking spot and there are no visitor spaces.
- Variety of Settings
- Lakefront Condos
- Lake View Condos
- Forest/Garden/Meadow Condos
- Floor Plans:
- One (1) Bedroom
- Two (2) Bedrooms
- Three (3) Bedrooms
- Ownership is Fractional Shares in each unit was originally set up as 1/6 ownership giving owners approximately eight (8) to nine (9) weeks of use a year depending on the selection of weeks process. There are two units that have different ownership where all shares are owned by one owner). Lakefront Unit LF-1 has a different ownership model, which has one owner that has broken up the weeks into a timeshare concept for those owner weeks.
- Selection of Weeks: There is a rotation schedule on the selection of weeks for most units. See below for more information on Selection process. Back-to-back week use is possible.
- Development Size: is approximately: +/- 3 Acres
- Built-in: Built in the 1990s (1991 – 1998)
- Located in Placer County
- Property Type: Condominium – Fractional Ownership
- No Pets (See Rules for allowing Service Animals), however some units may have voted to allow dogs. You must ask at the time of sale how that unit is handling pets.
- No Smoking
- Units are “turn-key” ready, fully furnished for immediate use by all owners.
- Buyer Showing Appointments: The best day to preview and see the units that are for sale as a buyer is Friday between 12 noon – 3 p.m.
- Owner use is defined as Check-in Friday at 4 p.m. to Check-out the following Friday by 11 a.m. Owners can not use their week, stay one night, or use the entire week.
- HOA fees do vary by the size of the unit, for the year 2023:
- Lakefront Units | 3 bedrooms are approximately: +/-$459/month
- Garden Units | 2 bedroom units are approximately: +- $293/month
- HOA Doc Prep and Transfer Charges and Fees when ownership changes: Approximately $980 ($300 Transfer Charges by Management Company plus $680 for all HOA Documents as a rush) Sellers should order and pay for a Rush to deliver docs as soon as posslbe, otherwise the service will wait until day 10 to deliver information.
- Cleaning Fee – Each owner will pay in addition to their monthly fee, a separate cleaning fee after each use. The cleaning fee will vary depending on the size of the unit and how dirty/condition the unit is left in.
- Owners get an actual bill based upon how much cleaning time was really involved.
- In the past, a typical clean has ranged from:
- $150 -$200 for the smaller/garden units
- $250 – $350/unit for the larger, lakefront units.
- HOA fee covers ALL UTILITIES, which includes: gas, electric, water, sewer, sanitation, trash, Cable TV, wireless Internet, phone, insurance on the property and insurance for the common area, snow removal, and landscaping. There is also a portion of the HOA fee that goes towards repairs and/or future improvements.
- Property Taxes: Owners are individually responsible for their own property taxes, which is billed from the county separately.
- Each unit has a house/president leader and with-in that group, they can decide on special assessments for upgrades, remodeling, and other one-time charges.
Search the entire area North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area for condos and homes (mostly whole ownership) for sale starting with the Sweetbriar area here:
Interested in other nearby Fractional Ownership Condo developments on the North Shore? Check out Tonopalo in Tahoe Vista, just a couple of miles from Sweetbriar.
There may be other fractional condo opportunities in the area, but on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe, only Sweetbriar and Tonopolo were organized so that all units in the developments were set up as fractional ownership.
Need more help in trying to figure out your North Lake Tahoe condo buying options?
Do you want more information on the different neighborhoods, HOA fees, homeowner amenities, locations, and which ones will best meet your individual needs?
Call me 530.414.1260 I can help you with your condo/townhouse buying options in the North Lake Tahoe area.
If you want whole ownership of a condo/townhouse unit you can search and see all condos for sale here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Lake Tahoe? Here are the current listings:
Thinking about a home or cabin? Check out the homes that are for sale here:
Search by Community:
- Kings Beach Condos for Sale
- Kings Beach Condos for Sale in a Lakefront Development
- Kings Beach Homes for Sale
- Kings Beach Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Condos for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Condos for Sale in a Lakefront Development
- Tahoe Vista Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Condos for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Homes for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Homewood Condos for Sale
- Homewood Homes for Sale
- Homewood Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Condos for Sale
- Tahoma Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.
Sweetbriar Condominium Development