Chamberland Beach and Mountain Club and Chambers Landing Memberships –
The Differences and Options for Owners
What buyers need to know about the Chambers Landing and Chamberlands Area and the available different home owner memberships and how they can benefit home owners.
Many buyers may not know that there are four (4) different Associations and/or Organizations in this area.
- Chamberland Beach and Mountain Club
- Chambers Landing Recreational Association
- Chambers Landing Condominiums
- Chambers Landing Partnership
1) Chamberland Beach and Mountain Club. This membership is available to any single family home property owner in the Chamberlands, Chamberlands Addition, or Chamberlands Addition-2 subdivisions.
Membership includes access to the private beach area in Chambers Landing, Seasonal Shuttle Bus that runs in the neighborhood picking up and dropping off at the beach area and snow removal on the individual driveways.
In addition, the Club provides seasonal trash dumpsters in the neighborhood on Memorial Day weekend, and on Labor Day weekend. They have owner get-together parties, along with movie nights down at the beach during the summer.
When property changes hands, the new property owner must join and pay a new owner membership initiation fee, along with the annual dues.
- $2,000 new owner initiation fee (Year – 2018)
- $550 – annual dues (Year – 2018)
- Membership is voluntary, not mandatory.
Membership is open, and voluntary, but this first level is required if you want the Chambers Landing Recreational Association membership, often called “Full Chambers Landing Membership”.
2) Chambers Landing Recreational Association – This membership provides access to the pool and tennis court area (2 of the 4 tennis courts). There is no buoy access with this membership.
This membership is often referred to locally as the “Full Chambers Landing Membership” for single family home owners.
In order to have membership in the Chambers Landing Recreational Association, you must already be a current member, in good standing with the Chamberlands Beach and Mountain Club.
Some properties already have the Chambers Landing Recreational Association membership and while there is not transfer fee for this association, you do have to pay and new owners’ fee that comes with the Chamberlands Beach and Mountain Club membership.
If your property does not have the Chambers Landing Recreational Association “Full Membership” you can buy a membership.
- There are approximately 188 Chambers Landing Recreational Association Members.
- Initial Buy In – $50,000 (As of January 2018 there were 7 memberships available for purchase), or you can get your membership if an existing owner has already made the buy in.
- Annual Assessment – $1,200 (Year – 2018).
- No transfer fee, but you do have to pay the new owners fee to the Chamberland Beach and Mountain Club and be a member in good standing to continue to have, or to make the initial buy-in for this membership.
- Total Membership is limited, and at any time can become closed to new members.
- Membership is voluntary, not mandatory.
3) Chambers Landing Condominiums – There are 43 condos in the Chambers Landing development. This is a well-known area, with signs posted on Hwy 89 S.
The condo owners have access to a private pier for just their use. The public pier is where the Chambers Landing Bar is located at, along with the private beach area, pool, tennis courts, and buoys.
Only the Chambers Landing condo group that has access to and use of the buoy field.
Owners also have shares in the Chambers Landing Partnership, which has control over the bar, restaurant area, and road down to the pier area.
- HOA fees in the condominium group are specific to that area. $4,000/Qtr. (Year – 2018)
- Plus membership in the Chambers Landing Recreation Association $1,200 (Year – 2018)
- Membership is limited to the 43 units and is mandatory for unit owners.
- Forty-three (43) buoys.
4) Chambers Landing Partnership – The Chambers Landing Partnership was created to handle the bar, restaurant area, and area leading to these facilities. For the most part, today it is just a shell partnership, as they have created a license agreement with the Chambers Landing Recreational Association to manage the facilities.
- About +/- 100 Chambers Landing Recreational Association memberships have shared/ownership in the organization, and if a seller does have ownership, when selling will gift over those shares to the new owner.
- New Chambers Landing Recreational Association memberships do not come with the Bar/Restaurant shares.
- Cost – $100 cost to record and transfer ownership
There is a lot of information out there, and after speaking with the different organization members, this is an quick over-view of how the different groups are structured, and operate.
Want to see what is currently on the market? Check out Homes for sale in Chamberlands here:
Want to see if there are any Chambers Landing Condos for Sale?
Need more help in trying to figure out your Chambers Landing – Chamberlands property buying options?
Do you want more information on the West Shore, HOA fees, their home owner amenities, and which ones will best meet your individual needs? Call me at 530.414.1260 and I can help you find the right place to buy!
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.
Chamberland Beach and Mountain Club and Chambers Landing Memberships