CONDOMINIUM – TOWNHOUSE DEVELOPMENT
North Shore Lake Tahoe, California
The Carnelian Woods Townhouse Complex is the only condominium/townhouse development located in the entire Carnelian Bay, California community.
This mountain-side development is located in the heart of the commercial downtown core area in Carnelian Bay on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe.
See what Carnelian Woods Townhouses\Condos are for sale here:
If you’re looking for a condo/townhouse style unit with just shared wall(s) (middle units will have units on both sides of them – two shared walls) between the units and no one above, or below you, along with a vaulted ceiling and open loft area floor plan, then you should check out the Carnelian Woods development.
All of the units were designed with multiple levels, with most having at least two levels, but you’ll find some units having three levels.
The original design incorporated natural wood accent walls and wood trims in the units with an open kitchen-living room great room area. The units had a mountain ski-cabin feel to them, and each unit was originally designed with a fireplace and vaulted ceilings in the main living area.
The Carnelian Woods complex was developed in the early 1970’s and they offered a variety of floor plans and unit sizes. Today there are one (1), two (2), three (3), and four (4) bedroom layouts (FYI – some units will count their loft as a bedroom, so ask how the bedrooms are configured).
The complex offers easy access to the public beaches in downtown Carnelian Bay, which are also dog friendly.
You’ll also find miles of hiking/dirt biking trails right by the complex grounds.
Most of the units have a forest setting, but some also have lake views of Lake Tahoe from them. Depending on the location of the unit you are considering some are a shorter distance to the downtown Carnelian Bay area than others.
Carnelian Woods is a large complex on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe (Tahoe City to Kings Beach), with the development containing approximately +/- 118 units on over seventy (70+/-) acres of Lake Tahoe forest.
You may not know that Carnelian Woods is the only condominium/townhouse development in the Carnelian Bay community.
Carnelian Woods is centrally located and is close to restaurants, shops, recreational activities like golf, miniature golf, boating, public beaches, hiking/biking trails, and local ski resorts like Northstar, Alpine Meadows, or Squaw Valley.
Carnelian Woods Complex Features:
- Mountain-side Property Development
- Heated Seasonal Pool (Seasonal Use)
- Outdoor Hot Tub/Spa (Year Around Use)
- Three (3) Tennis Courts
- Bocce Ball Court
- Club House for Owners
- On-site Property Management | Professional HOA organization management
- +/- 118 Units in the Complex
- Variety of Settings:
- Lake Views
- Forest Setting Condos
- Floor Plans and Layouts
- One (1) Bedroom (Could be just open loft as a bedroom, or 1 bedroom plus a loft)
- Two (2) Bedrooms
- Three (3) Bedrooms
- Four (4) Bedrooms
- Floor Plans (note some owners count their open loft areas as an additional bedroom)
- Many Units have the kitchen on the ground floor open floor plan with vaulted ceiling area
- Some units have the kitchen on the second level with an open floor plan with vaulted ceiling area
- Development Size: Complex covers approximately seventy (70+) Acres
- Built in: Most of the units were built in the 1970’s
- Located in Placer County
- Property Type: Townhouse
- Pet Friendly development. Owners are allowed to have pets in their units. See the HOA pet policy for complete details and rules.
- HOA Fee has covered the following:
- Road Maintenance and snow removal in the development
- Exterior building maintenance – roofs, decks, railing, walkways
- Professional complex management
- Hazards exterior insurance to rebuild/common area liability insurance
- Garbage, sewer, and sanitation fees
- Remember, HOA’s can change what they cover for owners at any time, so buyers should always carefully review HOA docs and confirm what they are currently including in their fee structure.
- Flat Fee for all owners. HOA charges each owner the same fee regardless of the size of their unit.
- HOA fees are $1,300/quarter, (For the year: 2018), which works out to be approximately $433.33/month
- HOA Assessment of $417/quarter (New exterior unit siding and Clubhouse/pool renovation – assessment through 2030), which works out to an additional $139/month (For the Year: 2018)
- Total HOA fees $1,655/Quarter (how HOA bills), which works to $551.66/month (For the Year: 2018)
- HOA Transfer Fee: $350 (For the Year: 2018) Fee Charged by HOA when ownership transfers ownership.
- What to learn more? Check out the home owners association website: www.CarnelianWoods.org
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.
Carnelian Woods Condominium Development