Tahoe Vista, California 96148
North Shore Lake Tahoe, California
The Franciscan Condominium Development is a small-medium sized lakefront complex on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe in the Tahoe Vista, California community.
See Franciscan Condos listed for sale here:
The Franciscan Lakeside condominium development has an interesting history. The complex was originally built in the 1960’s-1970’s.
It was originally developed as a motel and you’ll see that in the building design.
Later it was converted into a motel cooperative, and most recently the units changed their legal status into a condominium development.
The Franciscan Lakeside Lodge has approximately sixty-three (63) units with eleven (11) lakefront units.
The complex is located in three separate area with two lakefront locations and one mountain-side area.
Half of the units are located on the lakeside of Highway 28 (lakefront side – two locations) and the other half of the units are located on the non-lakefront area, or mountain-side/pool-side of Highway 28/complex.
In real numbers this works out to be approximately thirty-three (33) lake-side units and thirty (30) units are located on the mountain-side (non-lakefront portion of the development).
Most of the units in the complex are smaller, with 85% of the units being either a studio unit, or a one (1) bedroom floor plan.
There are only seven (7) two (2) bedroom floor plans, and one (1) four (4) bedroom unit in the development.
Regardless of where you unit is located at all of the lakefront and recreational amenities in the development are available to all owners.
If you are considering buying a condo in The Franciscan, buyers should know there are unit usage restrictions, and your purchase will most likely need to be all cash.
Full-time occupancy is not permitted, only vacation, or part-time owners, as owners are limited to using their units to fourteen (14) consecutive days at a time. See HOA rules for more details on owner use.
The Franciscan complex has an on-site vacation rental desk on the property.
Owners are not required to be on the vacation rental program, but if they vacation rent their unit, they need to use the on-site property manager.
- Lakefront Development with two lakefront areas units/location and one non-lakefront area (across Hwy 28) units/location
- Seasonal Heated Pool (Summer Use)
- Buoy Access | HOA has sixteen (16) buoys. See HOA rules for more information on use and access.
- Sandy Beach
- Club House Room
- Picnic – BBQ Area
- Playground Equipment
- Volleyball Area
- 63 Units in the complex
- Eleven (11) Lakefront Condos
- Thirty-Three (33) Lakeside Units (includes the lakefront units)
- Thirty (30) Non-lake side Units
- Variety of Settings:
- Lake View Condos
- Non-lakefront Location Units with a Forest/Garden/Meadow Condos
- Floor Plans and Layouts
- Studio | 32 Units
- One (1) Bedroom | 23 Units
- Two (2) Bedrooms | 7 Units
- Four (4) Bedrooms | 1 Unit
- Many Units are Ground Level and Offer Single Floor Living
- Fourteen (14) Units are detached and are free-standing cabin/units
- Development is approximately +/- 3 Acres per Placer County Records
- Built-in: Built between 1966 – 1973
- Located in Placer County
- Property Type: Condominium
- Occupancy/Usage Restrictions: Cannot be occupied by a full-time resident, apply to all owners. Owners and Guests are restricted to only being able to use the unit 14 consecutive days in a row (zoning restriction). Use is intended for vacation, or rental use only.
- Owners do not have to be on the vacation rental program, but if you want to rent out your unit you must use the on-site program.
- Pets: Owners who participate in the on-site Vacation Rental Program are prohibited from having any pets in their units. Those owners that want to have a pet on-site must follow the HOA rules and are severely restricted.
- The Franciscan HOA can restrict the reconstruction and remodeling of units.
- HOA Fee Includes: Water, Electrical, Gas, Sewer, Trash, Internet, Cable, Snow Removal, Insurance, Property Maintenance. Monthly HOA fees are subject to change and owners need to be prepared for annual expenses to increase.
- HOA Fees:
- Unit Fees vary based upon the actual square footage/floor plan of the unit (Estimate For the Year 2023):
- Studio Unit: Monthly HOA fee was approximately: $660/month
- One (1) Bedroom Unit: Monthly HOA fee was approximately: $989/month
- Two (2) Bedroom Unit: Monthly HOA fee was approximately: $1,126/month (in the year 2020)
- Doc Prep Fee when ownership changes: About $150, but is subject to change
- Owners are responsible for paying their own property taxes, which are billed separately from the county.
- Financing options may be limited, or not available. Buyers need to be prepared for a cash sale because of the occupancy restrictions and the development would be considered a condo-hotel.
Search the entire North Lake Tahoe area by Map, starting with the Franciscan area here:
More photos of the Franciscan Condominium Development Here:
North Shore Lake Tahoe Condos Listings for Sale:
- Brockway Springs, Kings Beach
- Brockway Shores, Kings Beach
- Tahoe Beachfront Residences, Kings Beach
- Kingswood Village, Kings Beach
- Kings Run, Tahoe Vista – Kings Beach
- Sweetbriar (Fractional Condo Shares), Kings Beach
- Wood Vista, Tahoe Vista – Kings Beach
- Tahoya Shores, Kings Beach – Tahoe Vista
- Chateau Chamonix, Kings Beach – Tahoe Vista
- Heratage Cove, Tahoe Vista
- The Franciscan Lakeside, Tahoe Vista
- Tonopalo (Fractional Condo Shares), Tahoe Vista
- Carnelian Woods, Carnelian Bay
- Chinquapin, Tahoe City
- Dollar Hill I, Tahoe City
- The Northshore, Tahoe City
- Dollar Hill II, Tahoe City
- Lake Forest Glen, Tahoe City
- The Villas, Tahoe City
- St Francis, Tahoe City
- Star Harbor, Tahoe City
- Rocky Ridge, Tahoe City
- Tahoe Marina Lakefront, Tahoe City
- Tavern Shores, Tahoe City
- Tahoe Tavern, Tahoe City
- Granlibakken, Tahoe City
- 212 Tahoe Woods Blvd., Tahoe City
- Cedar Point, Tahoe City
- Fleur du Lac, Homewood
- Chambers Landing, Homewood
- Sugarpine Lakeside, Tahoma
- Water’s Edge, Tahoma
- Sugarpine Parkside, Tahoma
Need more help in trying to figure out your Lake Tahoe home buying options?
Do you want more information on the neighborhoods with lakefront home owner amenities (buoy, pier, and private beach access), or which neighborhood and location will best meet your individual needs? Call me at 530.414.1260 and I can help you find the right place to buy!
Want to see what condos are for sale in Lake Tahoe? Here are the current listings:
Thinking about a home or cabin? Check out the homes that are for sale here:
Search by Community:
- Kings Beach Condos for Sale
- Kings Beach Condos for Sale in a Lakefront Development
- Kings Beach Homes for Sale
- Kings Beach Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Condos for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Condos for Sale in a Lakefront Development
- Tahoe Vista Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Condos for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Homes for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Homewood Condos for Sale
- Homewood Homes for Sale
- Homewood Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Condos for Sale
- Tahoma Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
Franciscan Condominium Development