Truckee, CA 96161
See Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale Here (Condos below these search results):
See Tahoe Donner Condos for Sale Here:
If you already own a home in the Tahoe Donner community and want to know what your property is worth, call me 530.414.1260 for a confidential consultation.
Do you want to learn more about the Tahoe Donner community? A lot of information about the development is below the map search. Read on!
Search the entire area Truckee – North Lake Tahoe area for condos, homes, and lots for sale by map starting with the Tahoe Donner area here:
Tahoe Donner HOA Fees | Quick Summary for 2021:
- $2,241/year per house/condo
- $385/year Optional Recreational Fee – Unlimited use for Members
- $9/day use For Members who do not purchase Optional Rec Fee
- $11/day Guest Fee with Member present
- $16/day Guest Fee with no Member present
Learn More about Tahoe Donner Here:
Tahoe Donner is one of the largest PUD’s in the United States with +/- 6,500 properties, +/- 25,000 members, and over +/- 68 miles of private roads within the subdivision. This community is located in Nevada County in incorporated Truckee, CA.
At the end of 2015, approximately +/- 89% of the development was built-out. Over +/- 80% of the property owners are second home/condo owners.
Tahoe Donner has over +/- 7,000 acres (over 4,000 acres of common area and +/- 45 miles of trails), with twenty-six (26) buildings and over 120 acres of ski-able area at the Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort area.
This mountain resort community offers recreational facilities and events for their members and the public. While most facilities are open to the public for a single-use fee, there are some facilities that are only for property owner members.
The public recreational facilities include a downhill and cross country ski resort areas, a championship 18-hole golf course, equestrian center, and campground.
The private recreational facilities that are for member-only & guest use and include tennis courts, hiking trails, pools (seasonal and year-around use), a beach club marina at the east end of Donner Lake and a fitness center.
The Tahoe Donner community has new, and newer, larger mountain style homes, along with smaller older cabins, along with a variety of condos developments.
All properties must meet the community Architectural Standard Review community standards, along with maintaining the property to those standards.
You will find a variety of high-end mountain style homes ranging from the traditional mountain lodge style to mountain contemporary in this community. The area offers a wide range of settings from spectacular mountain and valley views, views of the ski resort, golf course, pond, season creeks/rivers, meadows, and forest settings.
This vacation-resort community is known for its easy year-around access, the larger lot sizes, nice wide streets, and the large selection of properties that are typically available at any one given time.
As a potential buyer, you’ll be impressed with the financial management of this well run the community, and you can review their financial information on their website at any time!
This planned community has been pro-active in the professional management and they budget and plan accordingly.
You’ll find there is a lot of value for the size and diversity of recreational amenities they offer for their homeowners.
The demand for homes in this area is high.
The area is very desirable because of the close proximity to downtown Historic Truckee, Donner Lake, Northstar Ski Resort, Squaw Valley Ski Resort, Alpine Meadows, and the entire North Lake Tahoe area.
You’ll enjoy the Tahoe lifestyle and all of the outdoor recreational activities our area has to offer such as boating, hiking, biking, tennis, golf, skiing, shopping, and restaurants with your second home or condo here in the greater Truckee and North Lake Tahoe area.
The Tahoe Donner area is a favorite mountain home community for second homeowners and it is a great place to live all year long!
Tahoe Donner Community Quick Summary
- Located in incorporated Truckee, Nevada County in the state of California, zip code 96161
- Elevation at the entrance (Base) to Tahoe Donner is approximately 6,750 feet above sea level with the top elevation 7,350 feet above sea level.
- +/- 400 inches or approximately +/- 33 feet of snowfall annually
- Approximately +/- 6,472 Properties
- 5,791 Single Family Lots (4,983 lots have been developed, or 86%)
- 127 Multiple Family Lots (114 lots have been developed, or 89.7%)
- Approximately +/- 7,000 Acres
- +/- 4,000 Acres of common area and +/- 45 miles of trails within the subdivision
- +/- 25,000 members
- +/- 80% are second home/condo owners
- Over 68+/- miles of private roads in the subdivision
- 26 Tahoe Donner Buildings
- Zoning in the area: Single Family, Condominium, Townhouse, Residential Lots
- Mail Delivery via the US Postal System for owners comes in the form of a lockbox system, with multiple boxes locked in a single location for residents to pick up, however, prospective buyers should see HOA policy on US Mail Box Service
- Most homes are heated by either natural gas, electricity or solar.
- Garbage is picked up once a week. It is highly recommended that property owners install a “bear box” to house their garbage cans.
- Water is supplied to the area through the Truckee Donner Public Utility District (TDPUD).
- Sewer – All properties in this subdivision must be tied into the Tahoe Truckee Sanitary Agency (TTSA) public sewer system. Septic systems are not allowed.
- Pets are allowed, but there are pet owner rules so you’ll want to check out the CC&R’s, ByLaws, and House Rules for more information.
- Limited Property Fencing is allowed to accommodate dogs, but you cannot fully fence in your area. You’ll want to check with the Architectural Standard Review Committee before building any fencing. Electronic fencing is allowed.
- Rentals – Short-term vacation rentals of less than 30 days and long-term rentals of more than 30 days are permitted
- Tahoe Donner Amenities:
- Public – Cross Country Ski Area – 51 trails, some dog-friendly trails located at Alder Creek Adventure Center
- Public – Downhill Ski Area – Over 120 Acres of Ski-able Area with 2 chair lifts, 3 surface lifts, +12 trails
- Public – SnowPlay – Located on a hill next to the Trout Creek Recreational Center
- Public – 18-Hole Golf Course, 7,002-yards, par 72, located on over +/- 200 acres
- Pubic – Equestrian Center
- Public – Trail System – Over +/- 45 miles of trails/fire roads
- Public – Campground – seasonal access
- Public – Bikeworks – seasonal located Alder Creek Adventure Center
- Public – Recreational Programs and Entertainment Events – movies, music concerts, holiday/seasonal events and more
- Private – Trout Creek Recreational Center – fitness center, classes, adult lap pool (year-around), recreational pool (seasonal), steam room, spas, massage program personal training, and playground equipment
- Private – Northwoods Pool – Seasonal next to the Tennis Center
- Private – Tennis Center – Seasonal Amenity – 11 hard courts, 2 pickleball courts, one kid’s court, two practice areas, a ball machine, and a pro shop. In addition, there is a viewing area
- Private – Beach Club Marina – East End of Donner Lake – boat ramp, sandy beach, changing rooms, cafe, along with a variety of water sports equipment for rent (Stand up Paddle Boards (SUP), kayaks, pedal boats, windsurfers, and Hobie Waves)
- Private – Kids Club at Trout Creek – Child care and programs
- Tahoe Donner Mandatory Home Owner Association (HOA) – All property owners are members of the master-planned development, which means if you’re in a condo/townhouse complex you’ll have two HOA fees, one for Tahoe Donner and one for the complex, just an FYI.
- Tahoe Donner HOA Fees- $2,241/year (For the Year: 2021) and covers common area maintenance, private road maintenance, snow removal on roads.
- The annual fee covers four ID Member cards for qualified individuals. Homeowners may purchase up to four (4) additional member passes for $100 each (subject to change), with a limit of eight (8) member passes on a property.
- Your member ID identifies you as a Tahoe Donner member and affords you access to the private and public facilities at the member rate when applicable. Each property owner is also entitled to a maximum of two (2) transferable guest cards for use by the property owner’s guest to can access to the Tahoe Donner Private facilities. Additional fees may apply to members and/or guests. Up to four (4) guests may gain access on a single transferable guest card.
- Tahoe Donner also offers an additional, optional, Recreational Fee – $385/year (For the year: 2021).
- This allows up to four (4) individuals unlimited access to all private amenities this includes Trout Creek, Beach Club Marina, Northwoods Pool, Tennis, and Snowplay. This additional recreational fee allows up to 4 members entrance into the facilities without having to pay the daily entrance fee and provides unlimited access through-out the year.
- Owners who choose to not purchase the additional Recreational pass can still access these facilities but will pay a single-use daily fee ($9/day for 2021) fee for each facility accessed each time.
- You’ll also pay a fee for guests (guests with members present, up to 4 guests) $11/day, and guests without members $16/day.
- HOA Doc Prep Fee when a property changes ownership: $425 (For the Year: 2021)
- Design Review Committee – If you are building a new home, you’ll have to work with the Architectural Standards Committee
- Home Owner Property Inspection Program – as part of the sale in this community, a Property Inspection will take place on the property. Corrective action may need to take place with the work being done by either the current owner or passing on to the new owner. This is a negotiated item between buyer and seller. If it is not addressed in the purchase contract any corrective action automatically will become the responsibility of the new property owner to correct.
- Forestry Program – as part of the sale a Forestry Program Inspection may need to take place. Items noted for correction may need to be completed by the current owner, or transfer to the new owner for correction. If it is not addressed in the purchase contract any corrective action will become the responsibility of the new property owner to correct.
- Truckee Defensible Space Inspection – at the time of sale a Truckee Defensible Space Inspection will be done and it is negotiable between the buyer and seller as to who pays for any corrective items that may need to be addressed. Tahoe Donner has been a fire-wise community and has had a Fire Defensible Program in place for several years.
Looking for something special in Tahoe Donner? Specialty Searches:
Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $500,000
Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $600,000
Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $700,000
Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $800,000
Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $900,000
Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $1 Million
Bank Foreclosure Homes for Sale in Tahoe Donner
Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner
Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner under $300,000
Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner under $400,000
Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner Under $500,000
Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner with a Garage
Bear Meadows Condos for Sale
Hidden Meadows Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner
Tahoe Donner Golf Condos for Sale
Tahoe Donner Lodge Condos for Sale
Tahoe Donner Ski Bowl Condos for Sale
Condos for Sale on Zurich in Tahoe Donner
Need more Truckee Luxury Home buying options?
Check out other Golf Course Communities in Truckee here:
Need more help in trying to figure out your Tahoe Donner home, or condo buying options?
Do you want more information on the different neighborhoods, HOA fees, homeowner amenities, locations, and which ones will best meet your individual needs?
Call me at 530.414.1260 and I can help you find the right place to buy!
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.