Tahoe City, CA 96145
West Shore Lake Tahoe, California
Granlibakken Condos for Sale Here:
The Granlibakken Condominium Development is an intimate luxury mountain resort development located on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe in Tahoe City, California.
If you are looking to have the experience of being away from it all, surrounded by pine trees, a step back to nature and away from your everyday busy lives, then Granlibakken may be the right place for you!
When you are in the Granlibakken development it is hard to know that you are just a mile from the heart of the downtown Tahoe City area in this wooded area.
This complex offers owners a historic location that many have enjoyed since the early 1900s, as it says on their welcome sign “Established 1922”!
It is a wonderful combination of a luxury mountain living with all of the conveniences that come from easy access to shops, restaurants, and services that are just a few minutes away in Tahoe City.
The Granlibakken Condominium Development is a small-to-medium-sized complex with approximately +/-76 units, that covers about +/- 74 acres.
Granlibakken owners enjoy many luxury resort-type amenities, which include the year-around heated pool (one of only two year-around use condominium pools on either the North Shore, or West Shore areas of Lake Tahoe), in-ground hot tub/spa, sauna and owners have the option, for an additional fee to use the ski hill*, sledding* and snow play areas*, five (5) tennis courts*, gym*, and the main lodge.
Granlibakken is just minutes from the shores of Lake Tahoe (Commons Beach in downtown Tahoe City, or the 64 Acres Public Beach area between Tahoe Tavern and Tavern Shores) and the larger ski resorts of Alpine Meadows, Squaw Valley, and Homewood.
Granlibakken also offers on-site third party services like a day spa, the Tree Top Adventure Park, and a restaurant, all available for owners for an additional per-use fee.
Granlibakken has several different styles of condo configurations and floor plans and styles of units varying from one (1), two (2), three (3), and/or four (4) bedroom units. You’ll find single floor living options, along with separate townhouse-style units that have also been built in the complex.
The Granlibakken condo complex is a development that is a combination of condo owners and a business partner. Some of the buildings and facilities are owned by the Granlibakken Property Owners’ Association and some of the facilities that are adjacent to the homeowner units are owned by the Granlibakken Executive Lodge Owners’ Association and for an additional fee condo owners can get access to the additional recreational amenities.
The Granlibakken Condo development is a great combination of luxury resort-style amenities, staff, service, and support while providing owners with an easy mountain life-style.
Granlibakken Condominium Complex Features:
- Mountain-side Property Development
- Heated Pool (Year-Around Use)
- Outdoor in-ground Hot Tub/Spa
- Ski Hill*
- Sledding and Snow Play Area*
- Five (5) Tennis Courts*
- Main Lodge
- On-site Concierge services for housekeeping, shopping, transportation and owner services.
- +/-76 Units in the complex
- +/- 44 Units| A/B Style Units 1 Bedroom | 2 Bathrooms
- +/- 11 Units | Townhouse Style 1 Bedroom, plus Loft Bedroom | 2 Bathrooms
- +/- 9 Units | Townhouse Style 2 Bedrooms, plus Loft Bedroom | 2-3 Bathrooms
- +/- 9 Units | Townhouse Style 3 Bedrooms | 3 Bathrooms
- +/- 3 Units | Townhouse Style 4 Bedrooms | 3 Bathrooms
- Depending on the real estate agent, they may count the open loft bedroom as a bedroom in the total bedroom count.
- Variety of Settings:
- Forest/Garden Condos
- Ski Hill/Forest Condos
- Floor Plans and Layouts (two types):
- Studio (Hotel Style Room with Bathroom) can be rented out as a single room but sold as a one Bedroom combination in the A/B style unit configuration (1 bd/2 ba).
- One (1) Bedroom with two (2) bathrooms (Combination of Studio unit with full kitchen open living area and bed – one open room on one side and a Hotel Style bedroom on the other side) adjoined by a connecting doors (Two Units connected with an adjoining Door/Hall located on one level) located in the Main Lodge, Bearpaw, and Deerwander buildings.
- Townhouse Style Units:
- Two (2) Bedrooms
- Three (3) Bedrooms
- Four (4) Bedrooms
- Townhouse style units are located in: Wildgoose, The Chase, Weather Vane, Racoon Eyes, Pinecone Row, Foxrun, Squirrel Away, and Sleighride Buildings
- Development Size: The entire complex covers approximately +/- 74 Acres
- Built-in: Most of the units were built in the 1980s
- BMP’s completed (Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) Best Management Practices (BMP’s)
- Located in Placer County
- Property Type: Condominium
- Business Partner offers Property Management – Vacation Rental Option for Owners, which is operated by a third party and located on the non-owner property.
- Owners are NOT required to be on the Vacation Rental Program through the Granlibakken Management Company.
- HOA fee covers the following: Cable/TV, internet, trash, maintain year-around heated pool and area, exteriors of owner buildings, common spaces and lighting, parking areas, roads, pathways, landscaping and forested grounds, snow removal, and hazards insurance for buildings and common areas.
- HOA Fees are not a flat fee per unit, but rather a prorated amount based on a formula that the HOA has and varies based upon the square footage/number and/or the number of bedrooms.
- Approximate HOA fee range. Varies by the size/room combination, Here are a couple of the more popular sizes :
- For the Year: 2020
- 1bd/2ba (A/B Style) Estimate+/- $2,676/quarter (billed quarterly), or for comparison purposes +/- $892/month
- 2bd/2ba Estimate +/- $2,800/quarter (billed quarterly), or for comparison purposes +/- $933/month
- *Optional HOA Fee – Owners have an optional additional fee of $400/year for use of the Ski Hill, Tennis Courts, and Gym
- * Use of the Spa, Tree Top Adventure Park (zip-lining anyone?), Restaurant, and other third-party services for an additional fee(s).
- HOA Transfer/Doc Prep Fee $750 between Owners
- Owners are responsible for their unit HOA fees, their own property taxes, gas, electric, sewer/sanitation (TTSA), Sewer and Water (TCPUD), phone, and insurance for their unit interior/contents/liability
- * Granlibakken is not all owned by just the homeowners. Part of the facilities are owned and operated by a separate homeowner association, known as the Granlibakken Executive Lodge Owners’ Association, which is not part of the Granlibakken Property Owners’ Association (GPOA). They have a working relationship and both groups benefit in sharing the resort-style experience.
- Facilities owned and operated by the third party – convention facilities, tennis courts, ski hill, gym, building where the spa is located at and the vacation rental deck is located in the area that the third party owns, operates, and controls.
- Granlibakken Website: www.Granlibakken.com
- Granlibakken Property Owner Association website: http://www.athomenet.com/granlibakkenpoa/home.asp
If you already own a condo in the Granlibakken development and want to know what your property is worth, call me 530.414.1260 for a confidential consultation.
Search all North Lake Tahoe – Truckee Properties (homes, condos, and lots) by Map Here:
More photos on Granlibakken:
Want more condo options? Check out all North Lake Tahoe Condos for Sale here:
Search by Community:
- Kings Beach Condos for Sale
- Kings Beach Condos for Sale in a Lakefront Development
- Kings Beach Homes for Sale
- Kings Beach Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Condos for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Condos for Sale in a Lakefront Development
- Tahoe Vista Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Condos for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Homes for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Homewood Condos for Sale
- Homewood Homes for Sale
- Homewood Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Condos for Sale
- Tahoma Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
Need more help in trying to figure out your North Lake Tahoe condo buying options?
Do you want help figuring out the HOA fees and which condo development will best meet your needs? Call me at 530.414.1260 and I can help you find the right place to buy!
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.
Granlibakken Condominium Development