9200 Brockway Springs Road
Kings Beach, CA 96143
Lakefront Condominium Complex
North Shore, Lake Tahoe, California
The Brockway Springs Condominium Development is a gated, luxury, resort-type, lakefront complex located at the east end of downtown Kings Beach.
Brockway Springs is a medium sized condominium complex with approximately seventy-eight (78) condo and townhouse style units and eighteen high-end luxury stand-alone condos (marketed as single family homes) on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe.
Brockway Springs Condos and Homes for Sale:
Brockway Springs has a long, well known Tahoe history, dating back to 1869 when the property was first a luxury resort called the “Warm Springs Hotel”.
It was built surrounding the hot springs, near the edge of the Lake Tahoe shore line.
Today, Brockway Springs is currently the only condo complex on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe that has a year-around outdoor heated swimming pool.
Over the years the property would become a North Shore resort to rival the prestigious West Shores’ Tahoe Tavern development.
Eventually the Warm Springs Hotel would change ownership and become the “Brockway Hotel, Inc.” offering lavish resort living with hot springs, pool, pier, golf course, casino, grand dining and meeting rooms.
Like many of the historic North Lake Tahoe resorts, the “Brockway Hotel” would also eventually fall victim to a fire in the early 1960’s that would destroy the main dining hall area.
The hotel would one day close and the business would end. In the early 1970’s, the old hotel was torn down to make way for the current Brockway Springs Condominium development.
Today, the Brockway Springs condominium development has seventy-four (74) units with eighteen single family style homes (zoned condo and part of the Brockway Springs Development), and covers over twenty (20+) acres of lakefront property in Kings Beach.
The complex was developed in the early 1970’s and they offer a variety of floor plans with one (1), two (2), three (3), and four (4) bedroom layouts.
Brockway Springs also offers a variety of unit settings with lakefront, lake view, and forest/garden. Almost all of the units have some type of view of Lake Tahoe, even if it is just a peek view.
Brockway Springs condominium development is one of the few high-rise buildings in the area with a seven (7) story building known as the “tower”.
If you are looking for single floor living and an elevator, this is one of the best options for you as most of the units are single floor. Top floor units can have two levels.
In the past ten years, the condo home owners have made a significant investment in the Brockway Springs complex with over $6 million spent on the entire development to update and maintain the buildings. Improvements have included exterior siding, roofs, windows, and interior updates in the towers’ common areas.
Some of the amenities the Brockway Springs Condominium development has offered to owners in the past has been a Year-Around, Outdoor Heated Swimming Pool and Hot Tub/Spa, individual saunas one for men and one for women with shower/locker facilities, Lake View Club House, Shared Pier, Buoy Access, Two (2) Lakeside Tennis Courts, Gated Property Access, and On-Site Property Management.
One of the best features that the Brockway Springs Development offers owners is a convenient upper east-end downtown Kings Beach commercial corridor location.
If you like the idea of being able to park at your Tahoe Second Home/Condo and to not get back in your car until it’s time to head back home, this prime location makes that goal possible.
Brockway Springs is just a few short blocks to the center of the downtown Kings Beach area, or to the center of the downtown area of Crystal Bay, NV. You are close to restaurants, sandy public beaches, stores, casinos, and other commercial services.
The Brockway Springs resort complex is also a short distance to hiking trails, golf courses, skiing, and all that the greater Lake Tahoe – Truckee area has to offer!
The Brockway Springs complex offers a relaxed resort Tahoe lifestyle that makes it a wonderful place to own a second home, or live full-time.
Brockway Springs Condominium Complex Features:
- Lakefront Property Development
- Year-Around Outdoor Heated Swimming Pool
- Year-Around Outdoor Hot Tub/Spa
- Gym (located in the lake view Club House lower level)
- Two (2) Lakeside Tennis Courts
- Private Pier for Owners Use
- Buoy Field ( 26 Buoys are in the HOA field – See HOA Rules for additional information on use)
- Half Mile of Private Lake Tahoe Shoreline Area
- Lakeside Club House
- On-site Check-in Desk for those owners that want to be on the vacation rental program (Optional for Owners)
- 78 Condo/Townhouse Style Units located at the West end – Middle (18 single family style units have a separate program and are located at the middle-east end of the development):
- 16 Lakefront Units
- 36 Townhouse Style Condos (Lake view/Garden View Units)
- 26 Units in the 7 Story Tower Building
- A Variety of Settings:
- Lakefront Condos
- Lake View Condos
- Forest/Garden Condos
- Layouts and Floor Plans:
- One (1) Bedroom
- Two (2) Bedrooms
- Three (3) Bedrooms
- Four (4) Bedrooms
- Single Level Options
- Development is approximately +/-20 Acres
- Gated Development
- Brockway Springs is an accepted member of the RCI & II timeshare exchange programs. As an owner, you have the option to trade up to 52 weeks for a vacation anywhere serviced by RCI or II, pursuant to club program and conditions
- Built in: Most of the units were built in the 1970’s
- Located in Placer County
- Property Type: Condominium
- HOA Fee Covers: Common area and building insurance, grounds and common area maintenance, and snow removal
- HOA Fee does vary depending on the size/number of bedrooms in the unit.
- HOA fees range from $761/month to $1,037/month (For the year: 2019) Includes Cable TV and Internet.
- One (1) Bedroom $761/month
- Two (2) Bedroom $761/month
- Three Bedroom Tower $975/month
- Three Bedroom Townhouse $993/month
- Four Bedroom Tower $1,037/month
- Four Bedroom Townhouse $1,037/month
- HOA fee for single family home style units $590/month (does not include cable TV/Internet See Below for more information)
- HOA Transfer Fee: $200 (For the year 2019)
- There is an additional $69/month fee for cable and internet service, which in included in the above monthly HOA fee rate. Cable service includes basic cable, HBO, and internet wireless service. FYI some real estate listings may have incorporated the $69/month fee into the monthly, or quarterly HOA fee quoted in a listing. Potential buyers should ask if the cable fee has been included in the monthly HOA fee being cited.
- Carport use across from the tower is bid out annually for an additional fee
- Brockway Springs Homes: There are eighteen (18) private detached single family houses (zoned as condos) that are located within the Brockway Springs gated area and are part of the entire complex.
- The starting price for one of these properties has been above $3+ Million.
- These properties have are responsible for their own exterior maintenance, snow removal in their driveways, insurance, and garden/lawn care in their private use spaces.
- They have access to all of the common area amenities – pool, tennis, club house, fitness area, pier, buoys.
- The 18 private single family house units (zoned as condos) located in Brockway Springs gated area pay a different HOA fee as they are responsible for more items than the condo/townhouse owners.
- The Brockway Springs homes pay a different monthly HOA fee because their program on covered items is different than the 78 condos in the development.
- The current HOA Brockway Springs Home Fee is: $590/month (For the Year: 2019).
- The HOA Transfer fee: $300 (For the Year: 2019)
Want to see what condos are for sale in Lake Tahoe? Here are the current listings:
Thinking about a home or cabin? Check out the homes that are for sale here:
- Kings Beach Condos for Sale
- Kings Beach Condos for Sale in a Lakefront Development
- Kings Beach Homes for Sale
- Kings Beach Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Condos for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Condos for Sale in a Lakefront Development
- Tahoe Vista Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Condos for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Homes for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Homewood Condos for Sale
- Homewood Homes for Sale
- Homewood Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Condos for Sale
- Tahoma Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
Need more help in trying to figure out your Tahoe City – North Lake Tahoe condo, or home buying options?
Do you want more information on the different neighborhoods, HOA fees, home owner amenities, locations, and which ones will best meet your individual needs? Call me at 530.414.1260 and I can help you find the right place to buy!
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.
Brockway Springs Condominium Development