Carnelian Bay, California, 96140
Carnelian Bay, California 96140 is located on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe between the communities of Tahoe City and Tahoe Vista, California.
- Agate Bay (+/- 569 Parcels in the Agate Bay Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Fulton Acres ( +/- 169 Parcels in the Fulton Acres Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Carnelian Heights (+/- 169 Parcels in the Carnelian Heights Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Cedar Flat (+/- 252 Parcels in the Cedar Flat Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Ridgewood Highlands (+/- 171 Parcels in the Ridgewood Highlands Subdivision per Placer County Records)
- Lake Forest II (+/- 106 Parcels in the Lake Forest Subdivision per Placer County Records – By Lardin Way)
- Lake Forest III (+/- 68 Parcels in the Lake Forest Subdivision per Placer County Records – Old County)
The Carnelian Bay area has single-family home lots (including lakefront/waterfront), duplex, triplex, four-plex, motel, and commercial lots in this community.
The Carnelian Bay area only has one condominium/townhouse development, the Carnelian Woods complex.
Carnelian Woods condos for sale:
The Carnelian Bay area is one of the larger communities on the North Shore but still has a small housing supply when compared to other areas around Lake Tahoe and the greater Truckee area.
You’ll find a limited supply of homes or condos on the market at any given time due to the popularity of the area.
Carnelian Bay homeowners that want to belong to one of the recreational homeowner amenities associations will find they only have a few options.
Property owners with a recreational (access to Lake Tahoe beach area, pier, and/or buoy access) Home Owner Association option will find those properties tend to carry a market premium over other neighborhoods where the optional HOA membership is not available.
Looking for some quick Carnelian Bay real estate market data? Check the information out below and if you want more details, call me
Carnelian Bay Community Details:
- Carnelian Bay is located in unincorporated Placer County in the state of California, zip code 96140.
- Elevation at the shoreline at Lake Tahoe in Carnelian Bay is approximately 6,245 feet above sea level
- Approximately # +/- parcels
- Approximately +/- 98 Carnelian Bay Lakefront Homes
- Multiple zoning in the area: Single Family Residential Lots, Duplex/Triplex/Four-plex, Motel, Commercial Areas
- Mail Delivery via the US Postal Post Box System at 5075 North Lake Blvd., Carnelian Bay located in the small commercial building development
- Most homes are heated by natural gas, or electricity, however, there are a few homes that are on propane gas, and a few have some solar energy features
- Garbage is picked up once a week. It is highly recommended that property owners install a “bear box” to hold their garbage cans.
- Water is supplied to the area through various local Water Companies, the North Tahoe Public Utility Department (NTPUD), or by a private water well.
- Sewer – All properties in the Carnelian Bay area must be tied into the North Tahoe Public Utility Department (NTPUD) public sewer system. Septic systems are not allowed in the Tahoe Basin area.
- Nearby Public and State Parks and Resorts:
Public Beach in Tahoe Vista – Sandy Beach
Public Beach in Tahoe Vista – Moons Dune Beach
Tahoe City – Public Beaches
Tahoe City Public Bike Trail System Map
Alpine Meadows Ski Resort
Squaw Valley Ski Resort, Olympic Valley, CA
Northstar Ski Resort
Homewood Ski Resort
Tahoe City Golf Course
Old Brockway Golf Course
Tahoe City Winter Park
Tahoe Cross Country XC
- Nearest mini-mart – 7-Eleven, downtown Carnelian Bay, CA
- Nearest mini-mart – 7-Eleven, Dollar Point, North Shore, Tahoe City, CA
- Grocery Markets | Pharmacies – Downtown Tahoe City, CA, or Kings Beach, CA
- Nearest Gas Stations – Downtown Tahoe City, or Kings Beach, CA
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.