Lost Dog, Cat, or Pet in Lake Tahoe, Tahoe City – Truckee, California Area
1) Report to Placer County Animal Control – Report your missing pet to the Placer County Animal Control. This is a county operated center and is one of the first places lost, or found animals should be reported. Give a good description of your pet. Remember if the pet collar, or tags are missing, there is no way to reunite you with your pet. Contacting a local agency is an easy way for everyone to become reconnected.
Placer County Animal Control – Eastern Placer County
10961 Stevens Lane, Truckee, CA
2) Lost or Found Missing Pet Notice – Ask your local Tahoe REALTOR® to post a missing pet, or found pet notice in the daily “Tahoe Sierra Board of REALTORS® Member News – Classified Section” for you. Our email blast goes out to all real estate agents in the greater Lake Tahoe – Truckee, California area. Agents are all over the Tahoe area and are coming in contact with people in many different neighborhoods. Put their eyes to work for you. If you don’t know a local Tahoe REALTOR®, call me – Laura Allen at 530.414.1260 and I’ll post your lost pet notice for you!
3) Use the Power of the Internet – Post a missing pet blog, tweet your Tahoe friends that you’ve lost your pet, use Facebook, Google+, and any other social networking tool you have to get the word out about your lost pet.
4) Post Flyers – Post flyers in your local neighborhood and in all of the local coffee shops, post offices, grocery stores, and gas stations. Remember pets can travel large distances, even the older ones, so hit all of these local spots in a 10+ mile radius from your home.
5) Pet Identification – Make sure your pet has a collar with pet identification on it. Make sure the contact information – phone number is current and is a phone number that you’ll be checking for messages.
6) Pet Chip – Even if your pet has a collar and pet tags, those can go missing. If you haven’t had your pet chipped, consider having that done if your pet travels often. When someone takes the found pet to a veterinary clinic, or to the Placer County Animal Control, they will scan the animal and they’ll get your contact information so they can call you.
7) Pet Photo – Most pet owners have at least one photo of their animal on their phones these days, but if you don’t have a phone with a camera, make sure you travel with at least one photo of your pet with you. It can help in the efforts to find your pet.
Hopefully you’ll never be in the position of having to look for a lost pet, dog, or cat here in the greater Tahoe City, Lake Tahoe area, but if the unthinkable happens know that there are people here who want to help you find your pet.
Get help finding a lost dog, cat, or pet in Lake Tahoe, Tahoe City – Truckee, California
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Lost Dog, Cat, or Pet Lake Tahoe, Tahoe City – Truckee, California Area