What Can Laura Allen and Her Tahoe Real Estate Team Do For You?
Most Tahoe buyers find the road that leads to the door of their new Tahoe home as an exciting process. They can also find that it can be a lot of work if they don’t select the right Tahoe Real Estate Agent from the beginning.
Buying a Tahoe second home, or condo is so much more than just looking at Tahoe properties for sale, or looking at listings on-line. Unlike your own home market, where you can drive by a new listing and check out the area first hand as soon as a listing hits the market, in a second home market, it can often take you several weeks before you can get back up to the Tahoe area and see that property first hand, and that is why having a local Tahoe real estate professional you’ve spent time with becomes so important.
As your Tahoe Buyers’ Agent, once we’ve been out looking at Tahoe properties, and I’ve learned more about your real estate goals, wants, and needs, it doesn’t take me long to learn what you want a Tahoe home. Perhaps the Tahoe property needs to have a lake view, a fireplace, or you don’t like homes with road noise, low ceilings. You may need a property that Lake Tahoe beach access, or single floor living, what ever your needs are, once you see a new listing on-line I’m here to give you immediate feed back based upon what you’ve shown me you like and don’t like. I’ll become your eyes and ears and I can tell you when you need to make that trip up here right away, and when you can take your time.
Not all Tahoe real estate agents are equal and some offer a far more organized process than others. Every buyer wants value for their investment, and they want their Tahoe property to be special, but where do you begin, and how do you make sense of all of the information that is out there on the Internet, or up here in the Tahoe market?
As your Tahoe advocate, I know how to educate you and help you determine real estate values in the Tahoe area. Not all features that add value to a Tahoe property are the same. Some never appear in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), and it’s up to your Tahoe Buyers’ Agent to have the experience and local knowledge to know what adds value to a Tahoe property, and what can give it a pricing discount. Being an informed Tahoe buyer is part of the buying process for my clients.
The Tahoe second home market is different than your primary residential market at home, and I will help you through the entire buying process.
What will Laura Allen do to help you find the right Tahoe property? Take a look at some of the things I do:
- Educate you through the entire Tahoe buying process
- Listen to your needs to understand your Tahoe real estate objectives
- Help you understand all of the paperwork
- Handle any problems that arise during the transaction
- Properly prepare forms, contracts and disclosures, which are required by law, and make sure that they are legally correct
- Provide comparable sales data to assure that you are paying the proper price for your home
- Help you find the right home in the right neighborhood
- Screen homes before your inspection to make sure the property meets your needs
- Guide you regarding the repairs that should be made
- Show you homes in an effective and professional manner
- Guide you in your selection of escrow/closing and title people
- Oversee the closing process
- See that the completion of the transaction is smooth, including obtaining keys and taking possession of the property
- Help you spot sellers who are attempting to take advantage of you
- Help you understand the use and limitations of good faith deposits
- Advise you as to when you should seek the advice of an attorney
- Make sure the appraisal process is handled properly
- Help you to understand the complete loan, escrow/closing and title process
- Advise you as to any inspections such as home inspection, pest inspection, roof, electrical, heating/air conditioning, sewer, septic, well or soil, structural, any inspection which might be applicable to the specific property in which you are interested
- Guide you as to how the escrow/closing instructions should be prepared
- Properly handle the walk-through process with you prior to the final closing
- See that any repairs or requirements are met prior to the closing
- Advise you as to what course of action should be taken if the seller refuses to close the transaction
- Negotiate and deal effectively on your behalf with the seller, other agents, escrow/closing, title people and attorneys
- See that each and every facet of the buying process is effectively and professionally handled in your best interest