Big Blue Bayou, Sierra Senior Services, Martis Camp, Sept. 14, 2014
Looking to have some fun this Sunday evening? If you are, check out the Big Blue Bayou fund raiser benefiting the Sierra Senior Services at the exclusive Martis Camp Lookout Lodge in Truckee, California, today, Sunday, September 14 2014!
The Big Blue Bayou is one of the largest fund raisers for the Sierra Senior Services Meals on Wheels program. This evening of fun will feature a Cajon Style dinner, cooking demonstrations, an auction, live music by the Blues Monsters in a wonderful outdoor setting at the Martis Camp Lookout Lodge in the luxury gated community of Martis Camp in Truckee, CA just north of the Northstar Ski Resort area.
Here are the details:
Big Blue Bayou benefiting the Sierra Senior Services Meals on Wheels Program
Martis Camp Lookout Lodge, Truckee,CA 96161
Sunday, September 14, 2014
Time: From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
The Event is outdoors. Resort Casual Wear Recommended. Dress in layers as our Tahoe evenings are cool these days.
Limited Seating and Tickets are Available.
Cost: – $80/per person Purchase at www.SierraSeniors.org
For more information call – 530.550.7600
If you’re looking for a reason to have a fun evening out and a chance to enjoy the wonderful Tahoe fall weather this weekend and experience the beautiful Martis Camp Lookout Lodge facilities that are nestled at the base of the mountains between the Lahontan and the Schaffer’s Mill communities, then this is the event for you while supporting a great local organization.
Proceeds go to support the Sierra Senior Services programs and this event is targeting the Meals on Wheels Program.
Sierra Senior Services feeds and supports Seniors in the North Lake Tahoe and Truckee Communities. Senior Meals on Wheels is a non-profit organization that provides meals to qualified senior citizens age 60+. While I was on their web site, www.SierraSeniors.org I learned the following:
- Sierra Senior Services (non-profit group that oversees the Meals on Wheels program) only get 30% of their funding from the government. That means 70% of the annual budget comes from fundraising activities and private donations.
- In North Lake Tahoe and Truckee, California area 75% of the home delivered meal recipients live alone.
- In Nevada County (Most of Truckee is located in Nevada County, California) 62% of the home delivered meal recipients are over the age of 80.
- Over 88% of the home delivered meal recipients rely solely on Social Security.
- Approximately 54% of the recipients are disabled.
- A $75 donation will help feed a senior for a week.
If you’re curious about the Big Blue Bayou event, or if you’d just like help out the local Sierra Senior Services Center, this is a fun way to do it, or you can just give a donation to their program if you won’t be here in the area to attend this fun event.
If you’re looking to have some fun this Sunday afternoon check out the Big Blue Bayou at the Martis Camp Lookout Lodge starting at 4 p.m.!
Thinking about making Truckee your second home? Here are some popular area options:
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Condos for Sale
- Northstar Homes for Sale
- Northstar Condos for Sale
- Grays Crossing Homes for Sale
- Grays Crossing Townhhomes for Sale
- Lahontan Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Townhomes for Sale
- Martis Camp Homes for Sale
- Truckee Homes for Sale
- Truckee Condos for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.