What is my home worth in Lahontan | 2016
What is my home worth in Lahontan? Real estate conditions have changed over the past few years. Check out the current over-all market conditions as of 04-26-2016 to get a better idea of the Lahontan real estate market conditions.
Real Estate Market Activity for Lahontan, California as of 04-26-2016:
- Number of Homes Sold in Lahontan – 2015: 15
- Median Average Sold Sales Price in Lahontan for 2015: $1,953,000
- Average Sold Sales Price in Lahontan for 2015: $2,013,000
- Sold Price Range in Lahontan: $1,100,000 – $2,800,000
- Average Sold Median Sales Price to Sold Median List Price Ratio for 2015 in Lahontan: 89%
- Average Days on Market (DOM in MLS) in Lahontan – 2015: 140 DOM
- Number of Active and Available Homes for Sale in Lahontan as of 04-26-2016: 18
- Pending Sales in Lahontan 04-26-2016: 2
- Number of Distressed Sales – Court Approval, Short Sales, or REO Bank Foreclosures in Lahontan for Sale as of 04-26-2016: 0 (REO Bank Foreclosure)
Home owners have a wide variety of options from being located close to the Lahontan amenities, along with being more removed and remote from everything.
Lahontan is known for its home owner amenities and facilities, which include a championship 18-hole golf course, a fantastic recreational center, and they are just minutes from the Northstar Ski resort and Village area, downtown Historic Truckee, and Kings Beach on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe.
Lahontan was started in September 1996 and in 2009 the developer completed their association with the home owners, so Lahontan is an owner-equity association. This well-run planned unit development (PUD) is nearly 100% funded on their obligations.
There are 509 home-sites on 906 acres and about sixty percent (60%) of the development has been built-out with completed homes. Home-sites range in size from 0.5 to 1.92 acres.
Each property owner pays a HOA fee on a quarterly basis for maintenance of common areas, private road maintenance, snow removal on roads in the development, 24-hour Gatehouse, and design review. Lahontan also offers additional services for an additional monthly fee.
Lahontan has two type of memberships – Lahontan Golf Club, which is limited to 350 members and comes with an annual fee and an initial membership fee.
Lahontan also has a Social Equity Memberships, which come with an initiation fee and an annual fee.
Lahontan amenities include a Tom Weiskopf 18 hole golf course (golf members only), a Tom Weiskopf 9 hole golf course (golf members only), Croquet and Lawn Bowling, Camp Lahontan Pavilion, Recreation Pool, Splash Pool, Lap Pool, and Heated Spa, Three (3) Clay Tennis Courts, Lodge and Dining facilities, Say Spa, Fitness Center (open year round), Men and Ladies Locker Rooms, and Golf Shop.
Lahontan is an ultra luxury gated community and is an alternative to next door neighbors Martis Camp, or Schaffer’s Mill. This development was started thirty years ago, and because of the timing on this PUD, there is no exit or transfer fee of 1-1.75% of the sales price. There are Lahontan transfer fees like most of the home owner associations in our area, but they do not have the special private transfer fee that is tied to the sales price of the property.
Lahontan was created to give home owners an amazing Tahoe resort lifestyle experience with amenities and facilities that appeal to all ages and abilities.
Lahontan has all of the Lake Tahoe recreational activities that our full-time and second home owners are looking for such as hiking, biking, tennis, golf, skiing, swimming, restaurants, and so much more. This North Lake Tahoe-Truckee community is one that is in demand and why so many choose to call Lahontan home.
Are you ready to find out what your Lahontan home is worth? Just click on the link below and you will be asked to provide us with some information on your Lahontan property and I will get you a complete home market valuation report.
This is not an instant home value, or the popular $-estimate that other sites offer. Why? Market estimates for the Tahoe area that are automated can produce a market value that is very inaccurate and let’s face it, accuracy counts when it comes to your money and what your Lahontan luxury Mountain home is really worth, so let’s do a real evaluation on your property.
The right data and information on your Lahontan property is critical to an accurate market value estimate. We know that each Lahontan property is unique and that they were built as a custom home. It’s important that your mountain property gets all of the credit and value it deserves for all of those special features before we place a value on it.
What are second home buyers looking for in a luxury Lahontan home? What are those property features that will cause a property to sell quickly?
- Excellent maintenance – Well cared for properties inside and out
- Upgraded custom features found in newer construction homes
- Homes that are ready to use on day one – turn-key ready
- Mountain Charm, Clean, and Uncluttered – professional decorated is a plus
- Easy to show at all times – no special appointment needed
- On REALTOR® Electronic Lock Box — making a property easy for a buyers’ agent to show and not requiring the listing agents to be present to show the property is a big plus.
- Correct Pricing in the Fair Market Value range according to the current market conditions
What “must have” features are Tahoe Second Home Buyers hoping to find?
- Kitchen – High-end appliances, solid counter tops, the extras that turn the kitchen into a gourmet chef’s dream kitchen and entertainment center
- Open Floor Plan – The open, great room concept is in demand here
- Hardwood floors in the main living areas
- Bathrooms – High end finishing touches, solid surfaces, stone, custom tile
- Bunk Bed Room
- Bonus Family Room Areas
- Outdoor living space – decks and patios
- Energy Efficiency – windows, smart home technology, well maintained mechanics, green features
- Recent Pest Report – Clear Section I and Section II (Even new/newer construction homes should have an inspection to provide to potential buyers)
- Recent Home Inspection Report (Even though a buyer will get their own inspections, they mentally give positive points to a home owner that has had a home inspection done to show them the current condition of the property from a professional perspective.)
- Fireplace – Gas Log, or Wood Burning in the living room
- EPA Wood Burning Compliant Wood Burning Stove, or Fireplace Insert
- Garage – Two car preferred, but three car garage is a plus
- Plug-in for EV’s or Tesla Car Charging Station in the Garage
- Mountain – Cabin vibe
- Mountain Contemporary
- Backs to, or is next to open space
- Low traffic locations
- Mountain or Valley Views
- Backs to a stream, or has a pond view
- Golf Course Views
- Social and Golf Memberships
If you’re thinking of selling your Lahontan home it will be more valuable, and have more market appeal if your property has any of these upgraded custom features, or offers both Social and Golf Membership as part of the package price.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Provide as much information and property details as you can on your property. The more information, the better!
Each on-line viewing is your first showing! Every time your home is viewed on-line, that Tahoe buyer is making that critical first impression decision on whether or not to have your Lahontan home on their short list of properties to see when they come to North Lake Tahoe.
Unlike other markets, this second home market often only has a buyer here for just a few hours to see properties and you’re on the list or you’re not!
Your on-line presence will impact a buyers “must-see” showing list, which means you need a great internet profile and presentation of your property.
To achieve the broadest world-wide Internet marketing exposure and presence, your Lahontan property you’ll need a combination of a fully completed TSMLS property profile, social media campaign, blogging, and video exposure.
Even in this highly sought after gated golf course community, Lahontan sellers still are competing to get the attention of a limited number of buyers, who are considering not only Lahontan, but near-by golf course communities too, so if you want a timely sale, you’ll need to have a full marketing plan and program.
Remember you are not hiring a sales person to sell your Lahontan property. Instead you are selecting a luxury real estate marketing specialist and professional to get you results. Your real estate professional will be there to guide you through the entire real estate property selling process, which includes marketing and presenting your property, along with negotiating your sales contract terms and conditions, and all of the issues that will come up in the escrow process – who you select really does matters!
Experienced real estate agents that understand a strong on-line marketing plan when combined with other key traditional home marketing strategies can really make a difference for their sellers.
Want to know more about Laura Allen and her success rate?
As one of the top producing individual agents at Coldwell Banker, Laura Allen has an 82%+ sold rate for all listings taken since 2005 – 2016 (date of this post)! That means if you are serious about selling your Lahontan property, as a top producer, we are getting the job done for our sellers!
Laura Allen, your Lahontan, California Real Estate Agent!
Need to expand your Lahontan property search? Check out these other homes for sale in luxury golf course communities in Truckee here:
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Condos for Sale
- Northstar Homes for Sale
- Northstar Condos for Sale
- Grays Crossing Homes for Sale
- Grays Crossing Townhhomes for Sale
- Lahontan Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Townhomes for Sale
- Martis Camp Homes for Sale
- Truckee Homes for Sale
- Truckee Condos for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Need more help in trying to figure out your greater Truckee and North Lake Tahoe home buying options?
What is my home worth in Lahontan?