Lahontan Homes for Sale under $2 million – Hot Market
Market conditions have improved and if you are looking for a Lahontan golf course home under $2 million you are not alone with 58% of all sales in 2016 in this hot price point range!
Home prices are always a factor in our North Lake Tahoe – Truckee, California market, but if you’re looking to buy a home under $2 million in the Lahontan gated golf course community, be prepared for some serious buyer competition!
Here are some recent market data results for the Lahontan neighborhood that you’ll be interested in knowing for the period January 1, 2016 – July 31, 2016:
Lahontan Homes for Sale under $2 million – Hot Market | Update as of 08-12-2016
For the Time period 01-01-2016 to July 31, 2016
Lahontan Homes Sold under $2 million: 7 Homes (out of 12 sales)
Lahontan Average Median Home Sold Sales Price under $2 Million: $1,600,000
Lahontan Homes Average Home Sold Sales Price under $2 Million: $1,577,857
Lahontan Homes Sold Price Range under $2 million: $1,230,000 – $1,970,000
Lahontan Homes Sold Days on Market Average (DOM-MLS): 194
Lahontan Homes Sold Days on Market (DOM-MLS) 60 Days or less: 42% (All Lahontan Home Sales)
Lahontan Homes Sold % Sold Price to Listed Price: 95% (All Lahontan Home Sales)
Lahontan Homes that are Sale Pending under $2 Million as 08-12-2016: 4
Lahontan Homes for Sale under $2 Million as of 08-12-2016: 5 as of 08-12-2016
Want to see all Lahontan homes for sale?
Now that 2016 is more than half-way done, our local Lahontan inventory is near its seasonal annual volume inventory peak, so if you’re a buyer looking to get into this market under $2 million, this is one of our best selections, so if the summer heat has put your Tahoe home search on hold, now is the time to look again at what is on the market.
Lahontan Homes for Sale under $2 Million – Hot Market! | Buyer Tips
1) Select a Tahoe REALTOR® to work with in your property search. Local real estate agents know the market and can share with you their local insights, and give you property feed-back that you cannot get from just looking at listings on-line.
Tahoe Buyer Tip – Get your own agent – your own advocate and representative. Everyone should have their own agent and it should be someone that can be candid about all properties, the good, bad, and ugly with no direct relationship to the sellers. Buyers’ agents are paid out of the seller side of proceeds, so there is no additional fee to have your own agent.
2) Get automatic property alerts. Have your local Tahoe REALTOR® set you up to receive property alerts from a real-time system. Receiving Lahontan Homes for Sale under $2 Million property alerts in real time is a must!
Tahoe Buyer Tip – Not all email property alert systems are the same. Be sure to be on a property alert system that updates in real-time and through-out the day. Most only update once a day, so avoid those systems. Their data can be dated and in a hot market, getting information right away is the key to not missing an opportunity.
3) Get your Loan Pre-Approved – If you know you’ll need a loan to buy your second home here in the Lahontan – North Lake Tahoe area, do your homework now. Get everything that your lender will need to process your loan. By being prepared, you’ll be in a position to write an offer quickly, which is key in a hot market where 42% of Lahontan homes under $2 million in price were in escrow with an accepted offer in less than 60 days.
4) Be prepared to see a property right away. If you see a new listing you like, don’t wait. Call you agent and figure out a way to see it right away, which may be a very last minute trip up to Tahoe.
Tahoe Buyer Tip: In a multiple offer situation the buyer that has already seen the property will have an advantage over the buyer who has written an offer on the property without seeing it first.
5) Be prepared to pay the listed price. Lahontan homes listed for sale have sold at a 95% of their listed asking prices so far in 2016. The old rule of the newer the listing, the closer to that listed price still holds, so mentally be prepared to pay the asking price if it is new listing, but know that there has been room to negotiate on price if the property hangs on the market.
6) Looking for a deal? If you’re looking for a deal in the market priced under $2 million take a hard look at properties that need work, or are dated in style. Most second home buyers don’t want to deal with a home that needs TLC, or has older features so that means lower buyer competition for those homes and it puts you in a position to make a deal.
Tahoe Buyer Tip: In a hot market, when a property has been on the market for a while, chances are it needs some work, dated, or has some negative features (like being located in a busy road) that most buyers will pass on. It’s your chance to make a deal, but be prepared to be realistic on how much it may cost to do the work in our area. If you’re someone who can take their time on fixing a place up, there are still deals to be found. Ask you agent about the pros and cons on any property you are considering buying!
While our Lahontan Homes for Sale under $2 Million are in a Hot Market, there are still deals to be found! If you want to learn more, call me 530.414.1260!
Here’s to finding the Lahontan mountain home of your dreams!
Want more home buying options? Check out homes for sale in other gated Truckee golf course communities here:
Thinking about making Truckee your second home? Here are some popular area options:
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Condos for Sale
- Northstar Homes for Sale
- Northstar Condos for Sale
- Grays Crossing Homes for Sale
- Grays Crossing Townhhomes for Sale
- Lahontan Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Townhomes for Sale
- Martis Camp Homes for Sale
- Truckee Homes for Sale
- Truckee Condos for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Lahontan Homes for Sale under $2 million – Hot Market