Downtown Truckee Annual Wine Walk – Sat., Oct. 3, 2015
The Downtown Truckee Wine Walk and Shop event has become a favorite event to end a wonderful summer season here in the North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area.
The rain we have had the past couple of days has cooled things off, and we’re expecting temperatures in the mid 60’s on Saturday, October 3, 2015.
That means in the sunshine it will warm and nice, but in the shade, or if it turns out to be an over-cast and cloudy day, you’ll want to be dressed warmly in multiple layers starting with a light jacket, or sweatshirt so you’ll be comfortable all day long in Truckee as you sip wine, sample food and shop!
Event planners expect around 800+ wine lovers to attend this years’ Downtown Truckee Wine Walk and Shop event. Those that go will enjoy being in historic Downtown Truckee and they will get the chance to sample some great wines, food from local restaurants and caterers, along with a wonderful day of shopping. In my world I consider this a win-win-win!
This year Truckee Wine Walk and Shop attendees will receive a commemorative wine glass to sample wine at more than 19 wineries | 2 breweries/cider, with 17 merchants/businesses participating, and 15 different restaurants | caterers -off-site restaurants.
In addition to the commemorative wine glass and unlimited wine samples, you’ll also get, five (5) food tickets, and a program with a map to all participating venues in the downtown Truckee area with your ticket purchase.
Yes, non-drinkers are welcome too, and if you’re a designated driver, you’ll get five (5) food tickets and complimentary non-alcoholic beverages and a program map to make your day fun too!
Each year the Annual Truckee Wine Walk event has partnered with a local charity and will donate a portion of the proceeds to the Elevate Tahoe with the Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation, a local non-profit group, which is believes that solution-based storytelling can change the local community and world.
What a great way to have fun and support the community and all you have to do is buy a Downtown Truckee Wine Walk ticket!
Here are the event details:
Downtown Truckee Annual Wine Walk
When: Saturday, October 3, 2015, Starting at Noon to 4 p.m.
Where: Downtown Commercial Row in Truckee, California
Check in: Parking lot just west of the Truckee Train Station Depot – check in begins at 11 a.m.
Cost: $45/ticket day of event – CASH only on day of event. www.TruckeeWineWalk.com. Must be 21+ Years of age for wine sampling. $40 if purchased in advanced. Don’t forget to print off you ticket and bring it with you, with your ID!
Designated Driver Tickets are $10/ticket.
Transportation: A day of wine sampling can be a lot of fun, but don’t forget to be safe and make sure you have a designated driver, or have arranged for a ride home. You’ll find a number of safe, free rides to and from the Truckee event. Check out the events’ website for more information www.TruckeeWineWalk.com
So here are my personal wine walking tips for the upcoming Downtown Truckee Wine Walk:
- Dress in layers, and wear comfortable shoes.
- Eat a good breakfast, and bring along a bottle of water.
- Pace yourself. Sip, don’t guzzle. You’ll have four hours of drinking, eating, and walking ahead of you at an elevation of 6,200+ feet above sea level, so it can take a toll on your body.
- It’s okay to stop for meal if you aren’t finding enough to eat with your food tickets.
- If your group won’t slow down for a sit-down meal, call and place a to-go order at one of the local restaurants that is open for lunch. Trust me on this one, your friends will be impressed on how well organized your are, and they will wonder why they also didn’t place a food order to go too! It’s a win-win for everyone, you’ll have something to eat, and won’t lose any wine tasting time in the process.
- It’s okay if you don’t make it to each tasting station. It’s not a race, and no one is judging your performance, so move along at your own speed, and remind everyone this is not a speed walking event.
- Savory the moment and experience. Most do the wine walk with friends, so this is a time to celebrate the changing of seasons, and a time to just be together. Be silly, have fun, find something outrageous to buy, and take selfies!
If you kicked-off the summer in June during the Summer solstice with the Tahoe City Wine Walk, this is a great way to end the season by being at the Truckee Wine Walk and Shop event in October.
Not a wine drinker and prefer brats and beer? Check out Tahoe City Oktoberfest, this Saturday, October 3, 2015 from noon – 6 p.m. at their new location at the Gatekeeper’s Museum (also known as Layton Park) next to Fanny Bridge at 130 West Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA www.VisitTahoeCity.com
Get out and enjoy Tahoe this weekend at the 12th Annual Truckee Wine, Walk and Shop event in Downtown Historic Truckee, CA this Saturday, October 3, 2015!
Thinking about making Truckee your second home? Here are some popular area options:
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Condos for Sale
- Northstar Homes for Sale
- Northstar Condos for Sale
- Grays Crossing Homes for Sale
- Grays Crossing Townhhomes for Sale
- Lahontan Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Townhomes for Sale
- Martis Camp Homes for Sale
- Truckee Homes for Sale
- Truckee Condos for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Downtown Truckee Annual Wine Walk – Sat., Oct. 3, 2015