Truckee Thursdays 2019
If it is a Thursday between June 13 – August 29, 2019 it a Truckee Thursday event night!
This popular local event continues to grow, and is an event you’ll want to take in this summer!
Each year, thousands of locals and visitors have made this a summer tradition, and you’ll want to include it on your summer to-do list too!
You’ll find age appropriate activities for everyone including a kids area, food trucks/vendors, local merchant promotions (restaurants, shops, services) beer garden (must be 21+ and over for alcohol drinks), and a street festival atmosphere with local vendor booths lined up and down the center of Downtown Historic Truckee providing a great shopping opportunity.
This is a fun block party festival with live music, beer garden, a lot of arts and crafts booths with many wonderful items to consider buying, alone with the local downtown Truckee shops and restaurants that will be open too.
We try to make it to this event at least a couple of times each year, and each time I go, I always walk away thinking, the greater North Lake Tahoe and Truckee area has the best local events.
What a great place to live, work, or have a second home!
While Truckee Thursdays is a weekly summer event, the North Lake Tahoe area has a number of special one-day festivals.
They vary from beer tasting, wine sampling, free music concerts, to arts and crafts fairs, along with outdoor movies, and other events that really allow locals and visitors to enjoy the Tahoe lifestyle our area offers .
The kick-off of Truckee Thursday is Thursday, June 13, 2019. So depending on when you are reading this post you may have as many as eleven (11) events you can attend this summer.
If you haven’t made plans to be in our area, now is the time to book your summer vacation plans to be here!
This local weekly event is admission FREE for everyone, so there’s no reason to not come and enjoy the event.
- Event Goer Tip: One of the best event goer tip I can give to someone who has not been to a Truckee Thursday event before is to plan ahead for parking.
Parking in the downtown Truckee area is very limited, so take advantage of the free shuttle services this year from Donner Lake, Squaw Valley, Northstar, Sierra Meadows, Brockway, Prosser, Glenshire, or from Tahoe Donner. Check out the shuttle schedule here.
Taking advantage of any of the free shuttle services into the Truckee Thursday event will mean you don’t have to worry about finding a parking spot!
Come hungry! Last year there were over ten (10) full-service food vendors, ten (10) food carts.
There were more than eighty (80) different artisans, along with commercial and non-profit vendors, and this year will be even better and bigger as more vendors want to get in on one of the hottest tickets around in the greater North Lake Tahoe area.
There are merchants, artists, and food vendors with all sorts of interesting, unique, and delicious goods to choose from.
- Event Goer Tip: Don’t forget to bring along your shopping bag. California is a shopping bag free state, so plan ahead and bring your own recyclable bag so you can easily carry any items you purchase. While most merchants will have bags (additional 10 cent/bag cost) it’s always easier if you bring your own. : )
Summer is a great time to be here in Truckee and North Lake Tahoe and on Thursday nights you’ll want to check out the Truckee Thursdays event for a fun evening of food, drink, local entertainment and artesian goods.
Truckee Thursdays Live Music Schedule for 2019:
- June 13, 2019 | Elvis Cantu
- June 20, 2019 | McKenna Faith
- June 27, 2019 | El Cajon
- July 4, 2019 | No Event – but check out the 4th of July Parade in Truckee and the local firework shows later that day
- July 11, 2019 | The Sextones
- July 18, 2019 | Coburn Station
- July 25, 2019 | The Novelists
- August 1, 2019 | Traccorum
- August 8, 2019 | On/Off
- August 15, 2019 | Rob Leines
- August 22, 2019 | Pacific Roots
- August 29, 2019 | NOLA
To learn more about Truckee Thursdays, check out their website here!
This local event is incredibly popular, and visitors from all over the area come out to enjoy the experience of being outside in one of the best mountain settings around!
See you at one of the Truckee Thursdays 2019 summer events this year!
The North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area has a number of other free and fun weekly events to enjoy this summer (weather permitting):
- Farmer’s Market Downtown Tahoe City (Commons Beach) | May 16 – Oct 10, 2019
- Truckee Thursdays (Downtown Historic Truckee) | June 13 – Aug 29, 2019 No event on the 4th off July – check out the local fireworks!
- Squaw Valley Outdoor Movies at the Village in Squaw Valley | July 11 – Aug 30, 2019
- Kings Beach Live Music Concerts on the Beach | June 28 – Aug 30, 2019 (no event on Aug 9)
Thinking about making Truckee your second home?
Check out the homes that are for sale in Tahoe Donner in Truckee (location of one of the free shuttle services for Truckee Thursday here:
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Condos and Townhouses for Sale
- Gray’s Crossing Homes for Sale
- Gray’s Crossing Townhomes for Sale
- Lahontan Homes for Sale
- Schaffer’s Mill Homes for Sale
- Schafer’s Mill Townhomes for Sale
- Martis Camp Homes for Sale
- Northstar Homes for Sale
- Northstar Condos for Sale
- Truckee Homes for Sale
- Truckee Condos for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Condos and Townhouses for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Truckee Thursdays 2019