Tahoe City Wine Walk, Saturday, June 20, 2015
This is one of my favorite events in the area, and this year I will once again take the day off to participate in the Tahoe City Wine Walk with Sandy, Jan, and a half-dozen other wonderful women who have decided this is the way to celebrate the Summer Solstice and the official beginning of summer!
If you enjoy shopping and wine tasting then this is the perfect event for you in beautiful Lake Tahoe!
Every year we start our summer off with the i the greater Tahoe area by enjoying the Tahoe City Annual Wine Walk this year on Saturday, June 20, 2015 and we’ll plan on ending it by going to the fall Annual Truckee Wine Walk event, which will happen on October 3, 2015 this year. Between the two wine walk events you’ll enjoy nothing but sunny, fun summer Tahoe days!
This year starting at noon, there will be over thirty (30) different wineries, plus two different tea companies, beer and cider companies, along with a vodka and tequila/sangria sampling opportunities.
In addition to the beverages, there will be different food tasting locations set-up through-out the downtown area of Tahoe City from some of the area’s best restaurants. So if you’re a “Foodie”, and enjoy sampling fine beverages, along with shopping then you’ll want to take advantage of this years’ event specials, sip, sample, and learn more about being in downtown Tahoe City, California!
Last year over 800+ Tahoe City Wine Walkers enjoyed this great event. I’ve gone the past three out the last four years, with this year being my fifth year of fun.
I can tell you from personal experience it’s a lot of fun to go up and down main street sipping, sampling, and reminding yourself about how great the downtown Tahoe City area is during our summer season and why we love the Tahoe lifestyle so very much here!
Here are my Tahoe City Wine Walk participant tips from past years that will help you really enjoy the event:
1) Comfortable Shoes – Yes, shoes are out fashion statement piece, but you’ll want to only wear comfortable walking shoes! By the time the day is over you will easily have walked between 1 -2 miles if you hit every station. You’ll either start down at the North Lake Tahoe Visitors Center and end up at the Boat Works Mall, or do the reverse. You will zig and zag, and/or double back, so you’ll get your exercise in for the day. You will see Tahoe City from end-to-end! Smart, sensible, comfortable foot fashion is what will win the day here!
2) Designated Driver – Plan ahead and have a designated driver, or just call a cab to start your trip off right. Other options: The bus TART (Tahoe Area Rapid Transit), a friend, or walking. No bikes. Riding a bike while intoxicated can be just as dangerous as driving a car, and you can be ticketed for it.
3) Wear Layers & Sunscreen -. The weather forecast is for sunny, clear skies and temperatures in the mid-80’s – yeah! While it will be sunny and warm, but bring a light jacket just in case and wear your sunscreen! You’ll be outside for 4+ hours, so be prepared for a day in the sun!
4) Hydrate – Drink plenty of water as you go along the way! It’s fun to sample the wine, but before you know it time will have slipped by, so hydrate as you move from stop to stop.
5) Pace Yourself – Remember you’re doing the Tahoe City Wine Walk at an elevation of 6,200+ feet above sea level, so pace yourself! Grab a seat whenever possible, drink plenty of water, don’t get too much sun on yourself, and take it easy. You’ll want to enjoy Sunday as much as you enjoyed Saturday here in North Lake Tahoe!
Tahoe City Wine Walk
When: Saturday, June 21, 2014, Noon – 4 p.m.
Tickets are $40 in advanced, or $50 (cash only) on the day of the event.
Ticket price includes admission, commemorative wine glass, bite-sized food tasting, and live music.
Tickets can be purchased from Uncorked Wine Bar, or you can buy tickets on-line at www.TahoeCityWineWalk.com until 5 p.m. on Friday, June 19, 2015.
Starting location – downtown Tahoe City, California. Check in at either one of two locations:
North Lake Tahoe Visitor’s Center, 100 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA
Boatworks Mall, 760 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA
Bring your Identification! Must be 21+ Years in order to do the walk.
The Tahoe City Wine Walk is a fundraiser for the Tahoe City Downtown Association and this non-profit organization has the goal to enhance and promote the downtown area and make it a great place for visitors and residents to enjoy!
The Tahoe City Annual Wine Walk is a fun reason to come up to Tahoe City, California, and start your summer off right! If you want to go, and don’t have a friend to go with go, call me 530-414-1260 you’re welcome to join our fun group of ladies!
See you at the Tahoe City Wine Walk in Downtown Tahoe City this Saturday, June 20, 2015!
Thinking about making Tahoe City, California your second home? Check out the homes that are for sale in Tahoe City here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Tahoe City? Here are the current listings:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Tahoe City Wine Walk, Saturday, June 20, 2015