Alpen Wine Festival – Squaw Valley, Sun, Aug 31, 2014
It’s Labor Day weekend and the unofficial end to summer, so get ready to have some fun at the 26th Annual Alpen Wine Festival at the Village at Squaw Valley this Sunday, August 31, 2014.
This local event is a great way to celebrate the beginning of the Fall season while still enjoying our amazing late summer weather in beautiful Squaw Valley, California!
If you like to sample a variety of Northern California wines, then you’ll enjoy the great selection of vineyards that will come together for this event.
In addition to wine tasting, you’ll listen to live music on two different stages, and have the opportunity to participate in a silent auction and raffle, while benefiting the Can Do Multiple Sclerosis (MS) group.
You’ll have over 40 different wineries, along with some fun shopping at the silent auction. This year the event will start at 2 p.m. and go until 5 p.m.
Some of the wineries that will be at the event are Dogwood Cellars, Masut Vineyards & Winery, Donum Estate, Duckhorn Vineyards, Frank Family Vineyards, Heitz Wine Cellars, Truchard Vineyards, and Venge Vineyards just to name a few wineries that will be at this years’ Alpen Wine Fest.
The cost is a $40, which included a special commemorative wine glass (Spiegelau crystal), and the event benefits the Can Do Multiple Sclerosis, a national nonprofit organization sponsoring lifestyle empowerment programs for people with MS.
What a great way to spend an afternoon here in the Lake Tahoe – Truckee area than by sipping some great wines, listening to some great musicians, doing some silent auction shopping, all while supporting a great organization!
Alpen Wine Festival – Squaw Valley
When: Sunday, August 31, 2014 – 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Where: The Village at Squaw Valley, 1895 Squaw Valley Road, Olympic Valley, CA 96146
Cost: $40/per ticket, must be 21+ for wine tasting.
If you have been looking for a reason to come up to Lake Tahoe, the 26th Annual Alpen Wine Festival is a great one to have!
Need a few more reasons and things to do this Labor Day Weekend here in the North Lake Tahoe area? Check out these events:
- Foam Fest, Village at Squaw Valley, Sat., Aug 30, 2014 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Fine Arts Festival at Homewood Ski Resort, Homewood, CA Aug 30 – Sept 1, 2014 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Beth Weber’s North Lake Tahoe Arts and Crafts Fair – King Beach, CA Aug 29 – Sept 1, 2014 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Big Band Jazz in the Park – Sugar Pine Point Park, Tahoma, CA Sun., August 31, 2014 5 p.m. Free Admission, $10/car parking
- Labor Day Fireworks – Gar Woods Grill and Pier, Carnelian Bay, CA starting at 8:15 p.m. Fundraiser for The Monte Foundation benefiting North Tahoe Sports Programs.
- Free Music Concert at Commons Beach, Tahoe City, CA August 31, 2014 starting at 3 p.m.
The Alpen Wine Festival at the Village at Squaw Valley this Sunday, August 31, 2014 and North Lake Tahoe is the place to be at this weekend!
Come out and support the Can Do Multiple Sclerosis (MS) organization by being at the Alpen Wine Festival in Squaw Valley this weekend!
Ready to make the Squaw Valley area your second home? Check out what homes are for sale here:
How about a Squaw Valley condo? Check out what is for sale here:
- Squaw Valley Homes for Sale
- Squaw Valley Condos for Sale
- Resort at Squaw Creek Condos for Sale
- The Village at Squaw Valley Condos for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Homes for Sale on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe
- Homes for Sale on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
Laura A. Allen | 530.414.1260 | Laura@TahoeLaura.com
BROKER ASSOCIATE, Tahoe Real Estate Agent
Coldwell Banker, Tahoe City, CA CalRE#01908304
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Alpen Wine Festival – Squaw Valley, Sun, August 31, 2014