Can I fence in my Tahoe Donner Home?
Can I fence in my Tahoe Donner home? This is a common question I get from my dog owners, or buyers with small children that are looking to buy a second home in the Tahoe Donner community.
When looking at property in the Tahoe Donner area you will notice that you do not see properties that are fenced in.
When you do find a property that has a fenced in area, it will be very small area and it will have built to meet the Architectural Standards within the development.
- Fences are allowed, however, there are very strict rules and you must follow the application and approval process.
- It is not a given that your request to build a fence will be approved.
- Each application is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
If you want to build a fence on your Tahoe Donner property here are some of the things you should be aware of:
- Download the Tahoe Donner Fencing Application. Click here to see the Tahoe Donner Fencing Application.
- Once you’ve completed your application you will need to schedule an appointment to submit your application, along with your application fee. The Architectural Standards Office (ASO) is available to help you with your application request and to help you through the entire process at 530-587-9407.
- As part of your application you (the owner) and your contractor must sign the Declaration, Agreements, and Statements page (see Tahoe Donner Fencing Application for more information).
- If you are a new owner, you’ll also need to show proof of ownership in the form of a recorded grant deed that will need to go with your application.
- Each application is evaluated on an individual basis.
- Use – Reason for the fencing will be reviewed.
- The type, size, location and height of a fence will be reviewed.
- The location, primary use, and design are of utmost importance since any Owner’s fence may be viewed by their neighbors.
- The majority of the fence must be transparent so as not to create a visual barrier.
- Upon approval, the owner will be issued a permit to commence contraction once an approved site inspection has been conducted.
- Owners are responsible to certify that the fence does not encroach upon any easement, setback, or contiguous property line, and they must conform to the approved plans and specifications
- A Full-Size Site Plan and Elevation Plan (in black and white) are required for your application submittal.
- There are many factors that should be taken into consideration:
- Fence design and Architectural style will be considered. No solid fencing is allowed.
- Size of the proposed fenced area. It cannot be located within any setback area.
- No Perimeter fencing of the lot is allowed.
- Fence height is restricted to six (6) feet, or less.
- Any wire must be plastic coated and in an approved color. All metal support posts, railing and hardware must match and be in the same approved color.
- Fencing permits from Tahoe Donner are good for six (6) months.
- A final inspection must be requested from the owner to complete the application, building and final approval process.
Ask the Tahoe Donner ASC if they have any recommendations on Tahoe fencing contractors that they have worked with in the past. Given the strict application process, selecting a fence contractor that has experience in the Tahoe Donner community will be very helpful.
If having your North Lake Tahoe – Truckee second home property fenced is important to you, some of our resort planned communities like Tahoe Donner not be the best fit for you given their strict restrictions on fencing.
As a Tahoe second home Buyer, or Seller you are going to have a number of questions, so let me know how I can help you!
Ready to make the Tahoe Donner Resort Community your second home? Check out what is for sale here:
- Homes for Sale in Tahoe Donner
- Homes for Sale in Tahoe Donner with a Garage
- Homes for Sale in Tahoe Donner with a Golf Course View
- Newer Construction Homes for Sale in Tahoe Donner
- Luxury Homes for Sale in Tahoe Donner
- Luxury Homes for Sale in Tahoe Donner over $1 Million
- 3bd 2ba Homes for Sale in Tahoe Donner
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $300,000
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $400,000
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $500,000
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $600,000
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $700,000
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $800,000
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $900,000
- Tahoe Donner Homes for Sale under $1 Million
- Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner
- Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner under $300,000
- Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner under $400,000
- Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner Under $500,000
- Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner with a Garage
- Bear Meadows Condos for Sale
- Hidden Meadows Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner
- Tahoe Donner Golf Condos for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Lodge Condos for Sale
- Tahoe Donner Ski Bowl Condos for Sale
- Lots for Sale in Tahoe Donner
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Can I fence in my Tahoe Donner Home?