Fireworks in Tahoe City, Thursday, July 4th, 2013
The Tahoe City fireworks display will take place over Lake Tahoe so you can watch from the fireworks from the beach, or bring your boat and watch the show on Lake Tahoe.
If you don’t want to drive your own boat, but would love to watch the fireworks from the lake consider taking the Tahoe Gal 4th of July fireworks cruise. The Tahoe Gal sells out each year for this local 4th of July event, and tickets are limited so call now for reservations 800.218.2464.
If you’re more adventurous, check out seeing the Tahoe City fireworks show by kayak, or standup paddleboard with Willard’s Sport Shop and their 4th of July fireworks kayak and standup paddleboard tour. Cost is $85/person and space is limited to RSVP call 530.583.3356
If you have a view of the Tahoe City area you can also view the Tahoe City fireworks show from a distance. We’ve done that in the past. We were too late to get into Tahoe City so we headed down the West Shore and found a place to park along Hurricane Bay (about 3-4 miles from downtown Tahoe City) and watched the Tahoe City fireworks show from there. While it’s not as fun as being right under the fireworks show, there is something to be said about watching the 4th of July fireworks from your car, with popcorn in your PJ’s!
Here are some other events taking place here in greater Tahoe City area for the first week in July 2013:
- Bluesday at Squaw Valley, Tuesday, July 2, 2013 Starting at 6 p.m. at the Village at Squaw Valley
- Kings Beach Farmer’s Market – Tuesday mornings 8 a.m. – 12 noon
- Beach Party and Fireworks Celebration: Wednesday, July 3, 2013, 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Beach Party and Fireworks at the North Tahoe Event Center and Kings Beach State Recreation Area – 8318 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, CA 96143 For more information check out www.NorthTahoeBusiness.org or call 530.546.9000
- Pancake Breakfast: Thursday, July 4, 2013, 8 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Pancake Breakfast at the North Tahoe Event Center, 8318 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach. This annual event is brought to you by the Boys and Girls Club and the North Tahoe Fire District.
- Run to the Beach 5K and 10K Run from the North Regional Park in Tahoe Vista to the “Big” beach in Kings Beach. For more information on the run www.TahoeTrailRunning.com
- Beth Weber Arts & Crafts Fair – Thursday, July 4 through Sunday July 7, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Kings Beach State Recreational Area – 8318 North Lake Blvd., Kings Beach, CA.
- Tahoe City Farmers’ Market at the Lake Tahoe Elementary School from 8 a.m. to 12 noon
- 4th of July Parade in Truckee, CA starting at 10 a.m. The parade will start at the Tahoe Truckee Unified School District parking lot and move towards downtown historic Truckee.
- Squaw Valley – Made In Tahoe Festival at the Village at Squaw Valley July 4 – July 6, 2013 from 2 pm. To 8 p.m.
- Pacific Fine Arts Festival in Homewood July 4 – July 7, 2013 Homewood Ski Resort Parking lot Thursday – Saturday from 10 am. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fireworks in Tahoe City, Thursday, July 4, 2013, Fireworks at Commons Beach, which begin at dusk.
- Beach Concert: Friday, July 5, 2013, 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. This is the kick-off event for the FREE 9-week Beach Music Concert Series at the North Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach, CA
- Lakeside Lobster Dinner, Friday, July 5, 2013, 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. The Rotary Club of Tahoe City present Lakeside Lobster Dinner at the North Lake Tahoe Events Center in Kings Beach, CA Tickets at $65 per person, and tickets are limited. For more information call Jim Cline at 530.546.4840.
- Free Music in Northstar – Saturday and Sunday Afteroons July 6 and July 7 – every weekend through the end of August.
- Tahoe City Commons Beach Concert: Sunday, July 7, 2013, 4 p.m. – 6:30 Free outdoor concert at Commons Beach on Sunday afternoon – early evening. Part of the Sunday summer concerts at the beach through Labor Day weekend in Downtown Tahoe City, CA
With so many fun things to do you’re going to be busy this week. Remember if you see the volunteers out collecting for the Tahoe City Fireworks show, give generously. You may not know that the Tahoe City Fireworks Show is completely financed by private donations and local businesses in the area, so if you enjoy this show each year, give to keep it going!
Come celebrate our national holiday here in Lake Tahoe!
See you at the Tahoe City 4th of July Fireworks!
Thinking about making Tahoe City, California your second home? Check out the homes that are for sale in Tahoe City here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Tahoe City? Here are the current listings:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Fireworks in Tahoe City, Thursday, July 4th, 2013