What is my home worth in Chamberlands? 2016
What is my home worth in Chamberlands? Chamberlands (Chambers Landing) real estate conditions have changed in the past few years. Check out the current over-all market conditions as of 04-30-2016 to get a better idea of the Chamberlands (Chamber Landing area) real estate market conditions.
Real Estate Market Activity for Chamberlands (Chambers Landing Area), California as of 04-30-2016:
- Number of Homes Sold in Chamberlands – 2015: 18
- Median Average Sold Sales Price in Chamberlands for 2015: $547,500
- Average Sold Sales Price in Chamberlands for 2015: $592,555
- Sold Price Range in Chamberlands: $420,000 – $925,000
- Average Sold Median Sales Price to Sold Median List Price Ratio for 2015 in Chamberlands: 95.7%
- Average Days on Market (DOM) in Chamberlands – 2015: 164 DOM
- Number of Lakefront Homes Sold in Chamberlands- 2015 (no lakefronts in the subdivision): 0
- Number of Active and Available Homes for Sale in Chamberlands as of 04-30-2016: 6
- Pending Sales in Chamberlands 04-30-2016: 2
- Number of Distressed Sales – Court Approval, Short Sales, or REO Bank Foreclosures in Chamberlands Available for Sale as of 04-30-2016: 0
What is my home worth in Chamberlands? Want more long-term Chamberlands (Chambers Landing Area) real estate data? Check out the Chamberlands (Chambers Landing) Homes for Sale Market Report Here.
The Chambers Landing area has been around since the late 1800’s as a popular summer resort area for Northern California and Northern Nevada.
Just as in the 1800’s, today, the demand for cabins and mountain homes in the Chambers Landing area, known as the Chamberlands subdivision continue to be strong because of the wonderful private and public beach Lake Tahoe beach areas that are near by, along with access to great hiking, biking trails in the neighborhood on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe.
The Chamberlands (often referred to as the Chambers Landing Area – which is the name of the high-end luxury condos – single family homes are in the subdivisions names Chamberlands, or Chamberlands Addition) neighborhood is part of the Homewood community, which is centrally located on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe between Tahoe City and Tahoma.
The Chamberlands (Chambers Landing Area) neighborhood has nice wide streets and is easy to get to on a year-around basis. The Chamberlands (Chambers Landing Area) neighborhood is close to Lake Tahoe, but is also very close to the Homewood Ski Resort and the commercial core of Homewood making this a sought after neighborhood for Tahoe home owners!
The first home owners association (optional), is the Chamberland Beach and Mountain Club, which provides members with access to the private beach area, along with use of the Chambers Landing seasonal shuttle bus to the beach and annual snow removal for your property driveway, just to name a few member benefits.
The second membership that is available can only be joined if the home owner already has the Chamberland Beach and Mountain Club. This second recreational membership is it commonly referred to as the “Full Chambers Landing Membership” and is officially known as the “Chambers Landing Recreational Association” membership. This second membership gives home owners access to the lakeside pool and tennis courts.
When it comes time to sell some homes in the Chamberlands subdivision don’t have either membership, but anyone can always join the Chamberland Beach and Mountain Club with a buy-in of approximately $2,000 if your property is located in either the Chamberlands, or Chamberlands Addition(s). Some agents may refer to this as a transfer fee, but all new property owners must pay this initial fee to joint the Beach and Mountain Club.
Some homes in the Chamberlands subdivision will also offer the “Full Chambers Landing Membership” which means that property comes with both memberships.
If a property does not come with the “Full Membership” a property owner in the Chamberlands subdivision(s) can still get a full membership as long as they have already a member of the Chamberland Beach and Mountain Club, and there are still new membership available for sale (as of this post, new memberships were still available – home owners that want a membership always need to check on availability). Once they are in good standing with the Mountain and Beach Club they can buy a “Full Chambers Landing Pool and Tennis Membership”.
In 2016 the cost for the “Full Chambers Landing Pool and Tennis Club membership” was approximately $50,000+, so those properties that transfer both memberships, will find they have an immediate value-added feature of around $50k that come with the property. There is a market demand for homes with the full Chambers Landing HOA membership. Having the membership will influence selling marketing times, and property value.
If you like to boat, hike, bike, golf, skiing, shop, or just hang out at the beach this is an area for you to check out. The Chamberlands (Chambers Landing Area) neighborhood has all of the West Lake Tahoe recreational activities that our full-time and second home owners are looking.
Are you ready to find out what your Chamberland (Chambers Landing Area) home is worth? Just click on the link below and you will be asked to provide us with some information on your Chamberlands property and I will get you a complete home market valuation report.
Just so you know this is not an instant home value that a computer will generate based on an algorithm that has been created for a city. While I love technology, I have found that the instant home values and market estimates for the West Shore Tahoe area are often very inaccurate and misleading.
As a Chamberlands home owner you are looking for a current market value that is reflective of current market conditions, recent sales, and if you have the “full Chambers Landing recreational membership” to offer a buyer . What your home is really worth needs to be accurate, so let’s do a real evaluation on your property.
Let’s take the time to make sure we have the right data and information on your Chamberlands property. We know that each Chamberlands home is unique and we want to make sure your mountain house gets all of the credit and value it deserves for all of those special features before we place a current market value on it.
What adds market value? What are Tahoe second home buyers looking for in a mountain house, cabin, lakefront, or condo? What are those property features that will cause a property to sell quickly? You’ll find that Chamberlands (Chambers Landing Area) properties that are in demand and sell quickly have several characteristics in common:
- Excellent maintenance – Well cared for properties inside and out
- Upgraded and/or updated having features found in newer construction homes
- Homes that are ready to use on day one – no home projects to do
- Mountain Charm, Clean, and Uncluttered – Reflective of the Tahoe Lifestyle
- Easy to show at all times – no special appointment needed
- On REALTOR® Electronic Lock Box – listing agents do not need to be present to show the property
- Correct Pricing in the Fair Market Value range according to the current market conditions
What are the wish-list items Tahoe Second Home Buyers are hoping to find in your Chamberlands (Chambers Landing Area) mountain home, cabin, or condo?
- Kitchen – Newer Updated/Upgraded: solid granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances
- Open Floor Plan – The open, great room concept is in demand here
- Hardwood floors in the main living areas
- Bathrooms – Newer Updated/Upgraded
- Outdoor living space – decks and patios
- Energy Efficiency – smart home technology, newer windows, well maintained mechanics, green features
- BMP Certificate – Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) Best Management Practices (BMP) Work
- Current Sewer Certificate – TCPUD
- Recent Pest Report – Clear Section I and Section II
- Recent Home Inspection Report (Even though a buyer will get their own inspections, they mentally give positive points to a home owner that has had a home inspection done to show them the current condition of the property from a professional perspective.)
- Fireplace – Gas Log, or Wood Burning in the living room
- EPA Compliant Wood Burning Stove, or Fireplace Insert
- Garage – Two car preferred, but one car will do (even a carport is a plus)
- Mountain – Cabin vibe
- Optional Chamberland Beach and Mountain Club Home Owner Association (HOA) for Lake Tahoe recreational water access and amenities – beach, pier, snow removal, shuttle is a bonus!
- Optional Home Owners Association (HOA) for the “Full Chambers Landing Membership” known as Chambers Landing Recreational Association membership – pool and tennis membership (must have Chamberlands Beach and Mountain Club Membership first) is a big marketing plus!
- Backs to, or is next to open space
- Low traffic locations
- Lake Views
If you’re thinking of selling your Chamberlands home, it will be more valuable, and have more market appeal if your property has any of these updates, and/or features. Even if your property needs some work, don’t worry, buyers are still going to be interested as the Chamberlands neighborhood is always in demand!
If you are thinking of selling, as a Chamberland Seller did you know that more than 92%+ of home buyers will begin their property search on the internet? Now, more than ever your mountain home needs to have the best on-line exposure, presentation, and coverage possible.
On-line marketing is so much more than just entering your property data and a few photos in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple Listing Service (TSMLS).
Internet marketing is far more advanced today. As a Seller if your agent is still hoping to get potential buyers to call about your home, with a limited internet profile, and poor photographs, you may be very disappointed with the results.
Serious second home buyers view an on-line listing with limited and/or incomplete information with poor, or no photos, as a being a big negative.
Second home owners don’t have the luxury of being able to drive by your property after work and finding out “this home looks so much better in person”. A poor on-line presentation puts your property at a marketing disadvantage. Remember in our second home market we are selling our local Tahoe lifestyle, so use it to your advantage.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Provide as much information and property details as you can on your property. The more information, the better!
Tahoe Seller Tip – On-line Curb Appeal! Pick the best photo as your first photo that will get buyers to click on your home listing to get more information.
It is critical that your first photo have that “eye candy” on-line curb appeal and that it sends the right message about your property, so make it count!
Each on-line viewing is your first showing! Every time your home is viewed on-line that Tahoe buyer is making that critical first impression decision on whether or not to have your Tahoe home on their short list of properties to see when they come to Lake Tahoe.
Unlike other markets, this second home market often has buyers here for only a few hours to see properties and most of already decided what home to see before they ever get here. Your on-line presence will impact a buyers “must-see” showing list, which means you need a great internet profile and presentation of your property.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Only use the best photographs to market your Tahoe Property!
To achieve the broadest world-wide Internet marketing exposure and presence, your Chamberlands property needs a combination of a fully completed TSMLS property profile, social media campaign, blogging, and video exposure.
Experienced real estate agents that understand a strong on-line marketing plan when combined with other key traditional home marketing strategies can really make a difference in getting the word out about your Chamberlands home for sale.
You’ll find her website on Google Page 1 in the number 7 and 8 spots! Laura’s website is ranking right there with the big national mega real estate portals for “Homes for Sale in Chamberlands”.
Laura Allen is a Tahoe REALTOR that understands what needs to be done when it comes to Internet marketing and is getting page one results!
Want to know more about Laura Allen and her success rate?
As one of the top producing individual agents at Coldwell Banker, Laura Allen has an 82%+ sold rate for all listings taken since 2005 – 2016 (date of this post)! That means if you are serious about selling your Chamberlands property, as a top producer, we are getting the job done for our sellers!
Laura Allen, your Chamberlands, Homewood, California Real Estate Specialist! Check out my Homewood, California webpage on my website. It’s loaded with local information about the area and it makes finding just homes for sale in Homewood, California very easy.
Looking to buy? Homes for Sale in Chamberlands (Chambers Landing Area) Here:
Thinking about making the the West Shore of Lake Tahoe your second home?
- Tahoe City West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- Homewood Homes for Sale
- Meeks Bay Homes for Sale
- Rubicon Bay Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Condos for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Condos for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
What is my home worth in Chamberlands?