What is my home worth in Dollar Point | 2016
What is my home worth in Dollar Point? Real estate conditions continue to change. Check out the current over-all market conditions as of 04-30-2016 to get a better idea of the Dollar Point real estate market conditions.
Real Estate Market Activity for Dollar Point, California as of 04-30-2016:
- Number of Homes Sold in Dollar Point – 2015: 20
- Median Average Sold Sales Price in Dollar Point for 2015: $913,250
- Average Sold Sales Price in Dollar Point for 2015: $1,471,998
- Sold Price Range in Dollar Point: $432,750 – $8,199,000
- Average Sold Median Sales Price to Sold Median List Price Ratio for 2015 in Dollar Point: 96.7%
- Average Days on Market (DOM) in Dollar Point – 2015: 98 DOM
- Number of Lakefront Homes Sold in Dollar Point- 2015: 1
- Number of Active and Available Homes for Sale in Dollar Point as of 04-30-2016: 7
- Pending Sales in Dollar Point 04-30-2016: 1
- Number of Distressed Sales – Court Approval, Short Sales, or REO Bank Foreclosures in Dollar Point Available for Sale as of 04-30-2016: 0
The demand for mountain homes and cabins in the Dollar Point area continues to be strong because of the wonderful private neighborhood optional home owners association that offers owners in the Dollar Point subdivision access to a seasonal pool, lake-side tennis courts, a great beach area that has a private pier, and owners have access to a buoy rental program, just to name a few recreational amenities owners can enjoy in Dollar Point.
The Dollar Point neighborhood is part of the Tahoe City community, which is located the North Shore of Lake Tahoe, approximately three (3) miles east of the “Y” in downtown Tahoe City.
The Dollar Point neighborhood has nice wide streets and it is easy to get to on a year-around basis. The Dollar Point neighborhood is close to biking and hiking trails, along with being close to paved bike and walking path that will take you right into Tahoe City!
The Dollar Point area is located on the lake-side of Hwy 28, and it is close to the public beach area at the end of Bristlecone Street, which has public beaches located at the end of the road, and one side is a dog friendly beach area, so for those Tahoe home owners that want to live near a dog friendly beach area, this neighborhood gives owner their own private amenities, but is still close to dog friendly beaches.
If you like to boat, hike, bike, golf, ski, shop, or enjoy a meal at a lakefront restaurant this area is close to both Tahoe City, Carnelian Bay and Kings Beach, which gives home owners a lot of choices. This North Shore community is one that has it all and it is why it is so popular with primary residents and second home owners.
Are you ready to find out what your Dollar Point home is worth? Just click on the link below and you will be asked to provide us with some information on your Dollar Point property and I will get you a complete home market valuation report.
Just so you know this is not an instant home value that a computer will generate based on an algorithm that has been created for a city. Technology is great, but in the Tahoe area I have found that the instant home values and market estimates are often very inaccurate and misleading.
As a Dollar Point home owner you are looking for a current market value that is reflective of real market conditions. What your home is really worth needs to be accurate, so let’s do a real evaluation on your property.
Let’s take the time to make sure we have the right data and information on your Dollar Point property. We know that each Dollar Point home is unique and we want to make sure your mountain home gets all of the credit and value it deserves for all of those special features before we place a current market value on it.
What adds market value? What are Tahoe second home buyers looking for in a mountain home, cabin, or lakefront property? What are those property features that will cause a property to sell quickly? You’ll find that Dollar Point properties that are in demand and sell quickly have several characteristics in common:
- Excellent maintenance – Well cared for properties inside and out
- Upgraded and/or updated having features found in newer construction homes
- Homes that are ready to use on day one – no home projects to do
- Mountain Charm, Clean, and Uncluttered – Reflective of the Tahoe Lifestyle
- Easy to show at all times – no special appointment needed
- On REALTOR® Electronic Lock Box – listing agents do not need to be present to show the property
- Correct Pricing in the Fair Market Value range according to the current market conditions
What are the wish-list items Tahoe Second Home Buyers are hoping to find in your Dollar Point lakefront, mountain home, cabin, or condo?
- Kitchen – Newer Updated/Upgraded: solid granite counter tops, or solid surfaces, and stainless steel and/or designer appliances
- Open Floor Plan – The open, great room concept is in demand here
- Hardwood floors in the main living areas
- Bathrooms – Newer Updated/Upgraded
- Outdoor living space – decks and patios
- Energy Efficiency – smart home technology, newer windows, well maintained mechanics, green features
- BMP Certificate – Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) Best Management Practices (BMP) Work
- Current Sewer Certificate – TCPUD
- Recent Pest Report – Clear Section I and Section II
- Recent Home Inspection Report (Even though a buyer will get their own inspections, they mentally give positive points to a home owner that has had a home inspection done to show them the current condition of the property from a professional perspective.)
- Fireplace – Gas Log, or Wood Burning in the living room
- EPA Compliant Wood Burning Stove, or Fireplace Insert
- Garage – Two car preferred, but one car will do (even a carport is a plus)
- Mountain – Cabin vibe
- Optional Home Owner Association (HOA) for Lake Tahoe recreational water access and amenities – beach, pier, buoy rental option is a bonus – Dollar Point membership is a big plus
- Backs to, or is next to open space
- Low traffic locations
- Lake Views
If you’re thinking of selling your Dollar Point home it will be more valuable, and have more market appeal if your property has any of these updates, and/or features. Even if your property needs some work, don’t worry, buyers are still going to be interested as the Dollar Point neighborhood is always in demand!
As a Dollar Point Seller did you know that more than 92%+ of home buyers will begin their property search on the internet? Now, more than ever your Tahoe mountain house needs to have the best on-line exposure, presentation, and coverage possible.
On-line marketing is so much more than just entering your property data and a few photos in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple Listing Service (TSMLS).
Internet marketing is far more advanced today. As a Seller if your agent is still hoping to get potential buyers to call about your home, with a limited internet profile, and poor photographs, you may be very disappointed with the results.
Serious second home buyers view an on-line listing with limited and/or incomplete information with poor, or no photos, as a being a big negative.
Second home owners don’t have the luxury of being able to drive by your property and say “wow, this home looks so much better in person”. A poor on-line presentation puts your property at a marketing disadvantage.
A poor first impression will hurt your efforts to get top dollar for your Tahoe home.
Tahoe Seller Tip – On-line Curb Appeal! Pick the best photo as your first photo that will get buyers to click on your home listing to get more information.
You may not have thought about how important your first position photo is to a potential buyer, but the Internet has become your very first showing to home buyers.
It is critical that your first photo have that “eye candy” for your on-line curb appeal. You want to send the right message about your property!
Each on-line viewing is your first showing! Every time your home is viewed on-line that Tahoe buyer is making that critical first impression decision on whether or not to have your Tahoe home on their short list of properties to see when they come to Lake Tahoe.
Unlike other markets, this second home market often has buyers here for only a few hours to see properties and most of already decided what home to see before they ever get here. Your on-line presence will impact a buyers “must-see” showing list, which means you need a great internet profile and presentation of your property.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Only use the best photographs to market your Tahoe Property!
To achieve the broadest world-wide Internet marketing exposure and presence, your Dollar Point property needs a combination of a fully completed TSMLS property profile, social media campaign, blogging, and video exposure.
Experienced real estate agents that understand a strong on-line marketing plan when combined with other key traditional home marketing strategies can really make a difference in getting the word out about your Dollar Point home for sale.
Do you want to know if your Tahoe Real Estate Agent understands how Internet Marketing works? Just check out where Laura Allen with her own real estate website and how it ranks on Google Page 1 for the internet search “Dollar Point Homes for Sale.
You’ll find her website on Google Page 1 in the number 4 spot! Laura’s website is ranking right there with the big national mega real estate portals with their multi-million dollars advertising budgets on page one for “Dollar Point Homes for Sale”.
Laura Allen is a Tahoe REALTOR that understands what needs to be done when it comes to Internet marketing and is getting page one results!
Want to know more about Laura Allen and her success rate?
As one of the top producing individual agents at Coldwell Banker, Laura Allen has an 82%+ sold rate for all listings taken since 2005 – 2016 (date of this post)! That means if you are serious about selling your Dollar Point property, as a top producer, we are getting the job done for our sellers!
Laura Allen, your Dollar Point Bay, California Real Estate Specialist! Check out my Dollar Point, California webpage on my website. It’s loaded with local information, video, and it makes finding just homes for sale in Dollar Point, California very easy.
Looking to buy? Homes for Sale in Dollar Point Here:
- Dollar Point Homes for Sale
- Dollar Point Homes for Sale under $1 million
- Dollar Point Homes for Sale under $2 million
- Luxury Homes for Sale Dollar Point Tahoe City
- Dollar Point Lakefront Homes for Sale
- New Construction/newer construction Homes for Sale in Dollar Point
- Dollar Point Lots and Land For Sale
- Dollar Point newer construction homes in Tahoe City, California.
Thinking about making Tahoe City, California your second home? Check out the homes that are for sale in Tahoe City here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Tahoe City? Here are the current listings:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.
What is my home worth in Dollar Point | 2016