What is my home worth in Tahoe Vista | 2016
What is my home worth in Tahoe Vista? Real estate conditions have changed in the past few years. Check out the current over-all market conditions as of 04-12-2016 to get a better idea of the Tahoe Vista real estate market conditions.
Real Estate Market Activity for Tahoe Vista, California as of 04-12-2016:
- Number of Homes Sold in Tahoe Vista – 2015: 28
- Median Average Sold Sales Price in Tahoe Vista for 2015: $595,000
- Average Sold Sales Price in Tahoe Vista for 2015: $1,069,142
- Sold Price Range in Tahoe Vista: $290,000 – $4,900,000
- Average Sold Median Sales Price to Sold Median List Price Ratio for 2015 in Tahoe Vista: 97.5%
- Average Days on Market (DOM) in Tahoe Vista – 2015: 117 DOM
- Number of Lakefront Homes Sold in Tahoe Vista- 2015: 4
- Number of Active and Available Homes for Sale in Tahoe Vista as of 04-12-2016: 7
- Pending Sales in Tahoe Vista 04-12-2016: 3
- Number of Distressed Sales – Court Approval, Short Sales, or REO Bank Foreclosures in Tahoe Vista for Sale as of 04-12-2016: 1 (REO Bank Foreclosure)
The demand for mountain homes and cabins in the Tahoe Vista area continues to be strong because of the variety of different neighborhoods this community offers.
Home owners have a wide variety of options from being in a remote forest setting that is very close to the Northstar Ski Resort area, or the Tahoe Vista neighborhoods that are close to the coveted sandy beaches. All neighborhoods are a close proximity to the downtown Kings Beach area on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe, which has recently been renovated.
The Tahoe Vista has two distinct areas – lower Tahoe Vista (close to public beaches and commercial service areas, which is accessed from Hwy 28 and upper Tahoe Vista, which is accessed from Hwy 267.
Both areas make it easy to get to Truckee, or
to spend time in the State of Nevada with Crystal Bay at the Stateline, or drive a few miles more to Incline, Nevada.
The Tahoe Vista area is often thought of as being an extension of the Kings Beach area, which has long been a premiere vacation destination for those in the Northern California, or Northern Nevada areas. It is often hard to tell where Kings Beach ends and Tahoe Vista begins because of the close proximity both are to each other, but they are two separate communities.
Today, Tahoe Vista is known for its charming beaches and small downtown area where you can dine out, or enjoy time at edge of Lake Tahoe.
Tahoe Vista has all of the Lake Tahoe recreational activities that our full-time and second home owners are looking for such as boating, hiking, biking, tennis, golf, miniature golf, skiing, shopping, restaurants and so much more. This North Shore community is one that has it all and is why so many choose to call this area home.
Are you ready to find out what your Tahoe Vista home is worth? Just click on the link below and you will be asked to provide us with some information on your Tahoe Vista property and I will get you a complete home market valuation report.
This is not an instant home value, or the popular $-estimate that other sites offer. Why? Market estimates for the Tahoe area that are automated can produce a market value that is very inaccurate and let’s face it, accuracy counts when it comes to your money and what your home is really worth, so let’s do a real evaluation on your property.
The right data and information on your Tahoe Vista property is critical to an accurate market value estimate. We know that each Tahoe Vista property is unique, let’s face it this is not a mass market of the same home that was built in a major city, each home was a custom build and we want to make sure your mountain home gets all of the credit and value it deserves for all of those special features before we place a value on it.
What are second home buyers looking for in a Tahoe Vista home, cabin, lakefront, or condo? What are those property features that will cause a property to sell quickly? You’ll find that Tahoe Vista Properties that are popular and in demand have several characteristics in common:
- Excellent maintenance – Well cared for properties inside and out
- Upgraded and/or updated having features found in newer construction homes
- Homes that are ready to use on day one – no home projects to do
- Mountain Charm, Clean, and Uncluttered
- Easy to show at all times – no special appointment needed
- On REALTOR® Electronic Lock Box — listing agents do not need to be present to show the property
- Correct Pricing in the Fair Market Value range according to the current market conditions
What “must have” features are Tahoe Second Home Buyers hoping to find?
- Kitchen – Newer Updated/Upgraded: solid granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances
- Open Floor Plan – The open, great room concept is in demand here
- Hardwood floors in the main living areas
- Bathrooms – Newer Updated/Upgraded
- Outdoor living space – decks and patios
- Energy Efficiency – newer windows, smart home technology, well maintained mechanics, smart home
- BMP Certificate – Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) Best Management Practices (BMP) Work
- Current Sewer Certificate – TCPUD
- Recent Pest Report – Clear Section I and Section II
- Recent Home Inspection Report (Even though a buyer will get their own inspections, they mentally give positive points to a home owner that has had a home inspection done to show them the current condition of the property from a professional perspective.)
- Fireplace – Gas Log, or Wood Burning in the living room
- EPA Wood Burning Compliant Wood Burning Stove, or Fireplace Insert
- Garage – Two car preferred, but one car will do (even a carport is a plus)
- Mountain – Cabin vibe
- Optional Home Owner Association (HOA) for Lake Tahoe recreational water access and amenities – beach, pier, buoy rental option is a bonus
- Backs to, or is next to open space
- Low traffic locations
- Lake Views
If you’re thinking of selling your Tahoe Vista home it will be more valuable, and have more market appeal if your property has any of these updates, and/or features.
As a Tahoe Vista Seller did you know that more than 92%+ of home buyers will begin their property search on the internet? Now, more than ever your mountain house needs to have the best on-line exposure, presentation, and coverage possible.
On-line marketing is so much more than just entering your property data and a few photos in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple Listing Service (TSMLS).
Internet marketing is far more advanced today. Agents that don’t understand on-line marketing are still taking short-cuts with putting in the bare minimum property information data/details along with just a few poor photos and then counting on the local TSMLS to syndicate that information out to a few mega real estate websites for them.
As a Seller if your agent is still hoping to get potential buyers to call about your home, with a limited internet profile and poor photos, you may be very disappointed with the results.
Today’s Tahoe second home buyers view poor MLS listings as a property that may have something to hide, or be poorly taken care of – not the first impression you will need to get top dollar for your Tahoe home.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Provide as much information and property details as you can on your property. The more information, the better!
You may not have thought about how important your first position photo is to a potential buyer, but the Internet has become your very first showing to home buyers and photo one is your “on-line curb appeal”.
Each on-line viewing is your first showing! Every time your home is viewed on-line, that Tahoe buyer is making that critical first impression decision on whether or not to have your Tahoe Vista home on their short list of properties to see when they come to Lake Tahoe.
Unlike other markets, this second home market often has buyers here for only a few hours to see properties and you don’t have the luxury of a casual drive-by. You’re on the list or you’re not.
Your on-line presence will impact a buyers “must-see” showing list, which means you need a great internet profile and presentation of your property.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Only use the best photographs to market your Tahoe Property!
To achieve the broadest world-wide Internet marketing exposure and presence, your Tahoe Vista property needs a combination of a fully completed TSMLS property profile, social media campaign, blogging, and video exposure.
Experienced real estate agents that understand a strong on-line marketing plan when combined with other key traditional home marketing strategies can really make a difference in getting the word out about your Tahoe Vista home for sale.
Do you want to know if your Tahoe Real Estate Agent understands how Internet Marketing works? Just check out where Laura Allen with her own real estate website and where it ranks on Google Page 1 for the internet search “Homes for Sale in Tahoe Vista”.
Want to know more about Laura Allen and her success rate?
As one of the top producing individual agents at Coldwell Banker, Laura Allen has an 82%+ sold rate for all listings taken since 2005 – 2016 (date of this post)! That means if you are serious about selling your Tahoe Vista property, as a top producer, we are getting the job done for our sellers!
Thinking about making Lake Tahoe, California your second home? Check out the homes that are for sale here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Lake Tahoe? Here are the current listings:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
What is my home worth in Tahoe Vista?