Homes for Sale in Tahoma CA | August 2016
If you are a Tahoma (West Shore Lake Tahoe) mountain home, cabin, or condo buyer, you need to be prepared to seriously consider new listings and make a buying decision quickly because the selection of properties is very limited compared to previous years at this time.
Tahoma homes for sale here:
Given the current Tahoma market conditions, if you are a Tahoma seller asking: What is my home worth in Tahoma? now is the time to find out your current market value.
Check out the current over-all market real estate data and trends as of 09-03-2016 to get a better idea of the current Tahoma real estate market conditions.
Real Estate Market Activity for Tahoma, California as of 09-03-2016:
- Number of Homes Sold in Tahoma – 2016: 20
- Median Average Sold Sales Price for 2016: $477,500
- Average Sold Sales Price for 2016: $768,125
- Sold Price Range for 2016: $220,000 – $6,000,000
- Average Sold Sales Price to Sold Average List Price Ratio for 2016 in Tahoma: 96%
- Average Days on Market (DOM) in Tahoma – 2016: 70
- Number of Homes for Sale in Tahoma as of 09-03-2016: 18
- Pending Sales in Tahoma 09-03-2016: 8
- Number of Distressed Sales – Court Approval, Short Sales, or REO Bank Foreclosures Homes for Sale in Tahoma as of 09-03-2016: 0
The demand for cabins and mountain homes in the Tahoma area is strong. The amazing Tahoe lifestyle is one home owners want and is reflected by the continued demand by our second home buyers!
Tahoma, CA is a wonderful West Lake Tahoe community. If you don’t know much about the Tahoma area, Tahoma is close to the Sugar Pine Point State Park, Chambers Landing Beach, the Tahoe Cedars Property Owners Association beach area, Meeks Bay Resort and the Homewood Ski Resort just to name a few popular nearby Tahoe recreational areas.
The Tahoma area has great hiking, biking (dirt/off road and paved trails), world-class cross country skiing (Sugar Pine Point State Park is home to the biathlon from the 1960 Winter Olympics), boating, water sports, and is a great place to just kick back and have a BBQ on your deck!
If you are thinking of selling your Tahoma home now is a good time as Tahoma buyers are ready to buy! Want to find out what your Tahoma home is worth? Just click on the link below and you will be asked to provide us with some information on your Tahoma property and I will get you a complete home market valuation report.
Why Instant Home Market Values are Most Likely Wrong in Tahoma!
Buyers and Sellers should know that while instant home market values and estimates are a growing trend on the mega real estate portals and in the Tahoe area finding exact home matches is a challenge for the following reasons:
The Tahoma area was not developed by a single home builder with thousands of similar floor models, which means each mountain home and cabin was a custom build, yes even the small studio with 500 square feet was a custom build, which means the automatic value algorithms the big websites use are not accurate, far from it, and don’t provide correct values for our area.
- Instant values don’t know if a home, cabin, or condo has been updated. They have no way of knowing if there are hardwood floors, solid granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, or updated bathrooms.
- Instant values don’t know how to value lakefront property versus a split lakefront property, or lake view.
- Instant values don’t know if a home has a lake view or not, and how to value that view – peek, partial, filtered, or panoramic.
- Instant values don’t know how to value a flat lot versus a steep lot.
- Instant values don’t know to add value for access to a Lake Tahoe lakefront home owner (HOA) recreational amenities (beach, pier or buoy access), pool, or tennis courts.
- Instant values don’t know how to add value for ski-in/ski-out, mountain, or valley views.
- Instant values don’t know how to really adjust for properties that have a carport, one car garage, two car garage, or more for the Tahoe area. Our value is much more because of our winters and the additional cost to build and engineer for the snow load our structures will have to endure. Instant values also don’t know the local rules, regulations, and other restrictions that may prevent building a garage, there by making properties with a garage more valuable and desirable.
- Instant values don’t know how to adjust our California property tax values because of Prop 13 and how that skews the value system as properties are not updated with current market values each year in the State of California.
- Instant values don’t know how to adjust for arms’ length “on the market” sales transactions versus private sales, or the changing of ownership because of divorce, death, or just the simple transfer of an individual to their trusts. The value model sees these all the same and as a sale, even though the public transfer of title was an internal change and not a real sale.
- Instant values don’t know how to adjust for road noise, or the proximity of a property to busier roads in the Tahoe area.
- Instant values don’t know how to adjust for floor plan styles – standard ceiling height versus valuated ceilings, open great room versus a galley kitchen separated from the main living areas.
- Instant values don’t know how to adjust for backing up to open space versus a neighbor that hasn’t cleaned up their yard, or improved their home in years.
Local real estate data and information are key is the proper determination on current market value.our home and it is an old-school method of knowing the local inventory and knowing what has recently sold for comparison purposes.
We know that each Tahoma property is unique and we want to make sure the Tahoma mountain home, cabin, or condo gets all of the credit and value it deserves for all of those special features it may have. We also want to make sure we haven’t over-valued a property if it is missing features that add value.
As a Tahoma real estate home buyer or seller you should be aware of the following:
Tahoma homes that are selling quickly have several characteristics in common:
- Well maintained property inside and out
- Updated and/or upgraded
- Clean, uncluttered, warm and inviting
- Ready to show at all times
- Priced according to the current market conditions
What can make a Tahoma mountain home or cabin stand-out from the rest? What are the hot-button features Tahoe Second Home Buyers are looking to find?
- Kitchen – Newer Updated/Upgraded: solid granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances
- Open Floor Plan – The open, great room concept is in demand here
- Hardwood floors in the main living areas
- Bathrooms – Newer Updated/Upgraded
- Energy Efficiency – newer windows, smart home technology, well maintained mechanics
- BMP Certificate – Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) Best Management Practices (BMP) Work
- Fireplace – Gas Log, or Wood Burning in the living room
- Garage – Two car preferred, but one car will do (even a carport is a plus)
- Mountain – Cabin vibe
- Optional Home Owner Association (HOA) for Lake Tahoe: recreational water access and amenities – beach, pier, buoy rental option
- Backs to, or is next to open space
- Lake Views
If you’re thinking of buying a Tahoma home it will be more valuable if it has any of these updates, and/or features.
Thinking about making the the West Shore of Lake Tahoe your second home?
- Tahoe City West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- Homewood Homes for Sale
- Meeks Bay Homes for Sale
- Rubicon Bay Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Condos for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Condos for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Homes for Sale in Tahoma CA August 2016