What is my Lakefront Home Worth in Lake Tahoe – 2016
What is my lakefront home worth in Lake Tahoe? Real estate conditions continue to change. Check out the current over-all market conditions as of 09-30-2016 to get a better idea of the Lake Tahoe Lakefront Home real estate market conditions.
Real Estate Market Activity for Lakefront Homes in Lake Tahoe, California – Sept 2016
Covers the Areas of North Shore Lake Tahoe, West Shore Lake Tahoe, and Tahoe City (MLS area 1-5)
- Number of Lakefront Homes Sold in Lake Tahoe – 01/01 – 09/30/2016: 16
- Median Average Sold Sales Price for Lakefront Homes in Lake Tahoe – 01/01 – 09/30/2016: $4,387,500
- Average Sold Sales Price for Lakefront Homes in Lake Tahoe – 01/01 – 09/30/2016: $5,164.718
- Sold Price Range for Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes – 01/01 – 09/30/2016: $1,750,000 to $17,500,000
- Average Sold Median Sales Price to Sold Median List Price Ratio for Lakefront Homes in Lake Tahoe – 01/01 – 09/30/2016: 97%
- Average Days on Market (DOM) for Lakefront Homes in Lake Tahoe 01/01/-09/30/2016: 228 DOM
- Number of Active and Available Lakefront Homes for Sale in Lake Tahoe as of 09/30?2016: 25
- Number of Active and Available Lakefront Homes for Sale on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe as of 09/30/2016: 12
- Number of Active and Available Lakefront Homes for Sale on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe as of 09/30/2016: 13
- Number of Active and Available Lakefront Homes for Sale in Tahoe City as of 09/30/2016: 7
- Pending Lakefront Home Sales in Lake Tahoe 09/30/2016: 3
- Number of Distressed Sales – Court Approval, Short Sales, or REO Bank Foreclosures for Lakefront Homes in Lake Tahoe Available for Sale as of 09/30/2016: 0
Real Estate Market Activity for Lakefront Homes in Lake Tahoe, California for the Previous Year 2015:
- Number of Lakefront Homes Sold in Lake Tahoe – Year 2015: 25
- Median Average Sold Sales Price for Lakefront Homes in Lake Tahoe – Year 2015: $3,800,000
- Average Sold Sales Price for Lakefront Homes in Lake Tahoe – Year 2015: $4,708,670
- Sold Price Range for Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes – Year 2015: $2,201,000 to $9,950,000
- Average Sold Median Sales Price to Sold Median List Price Ratio for Lakefront Homes in Lake Tahoe – Year 2015: 95.1%
- Average Days on Market (DOM) for Lakefront Homes in Lake Tahoe – Year 2015: 168 DOM
The demand for our “trophy” Lakefront Homes and Lakefront Cabins in the Lake Tahoe area continues to be very strong. Our limited inventory levels are making new listings that are well-priced a hot ticket and it may be why you are asking “What is my Lakefront Home worth in Lake Tahoe” today!
The number of Lakefront home sales is very limited in any one given year, so the average median home sales price, or average lakefront home sales price may not have a lot meaning when it comes to this market.
Lake Tahoe Lakefront home sales are impacted by the over-all market trend and attitude towards real estate as an investment, but it’s the individual features is what is determine why one Lakefront Home in the Lake Tahoe area is worth $20 million and another is only worth $2 million.
A Lakefront property value is not only impacted by the location, size of the lot, type of lot (level versus steep incline/decline, the size and condition of the home (newer construction versus old Tahoe cabin), garage, off-street parking, along with the lakefront shoreline footage, and lakefront amenities such as a permitted pier (deep water versus shallow water), boat house, power lifts, number of buoy and over-all setting, but also how close it is to other amenities like local ski resorts, golf courses, and commercial services like restaurants, and stores.
Are you ready to find out what your Lake Tahoe Lakefront home is worth? Just click on the link below and you will be asked to provide us with some information on your lakefront property and we will get you a complete home market valuation report.
This is not an instant home value that a computer program that is not familiar with the Lake Tahoe area will generate based on an algorithm that has not been created for our area. Technology is great, but in the Tahoe area the instant home values and market estimates are often very inaccurate and misleading especially when it comes to lakefront properties.
As a Lake Tahoe Lakefront home owner you are looking for a current market value that is reflective of real market conditions and the lakefront features your property has versus other lakefront properties that have recently sold. As a local real estate professional, each real estate market value is determined the old fashioned way, but human hands, eyes, and local knowledge. What your lakefront home is really worth needs to be accurate, so let’s do a real evaluation on your property with real on-site knowledge.
Taking the time to make sure we have the right data and information on your Lake Tahoe Lakefront property is the first step in determining a real market value.
We know that each Lake Tahoe Lakefront home is unique and we want to make sure your mountain home gets all of the credit and value it deserves for all of those special features before we place a current market value on it.
What adds market value to a Lake Tahoe Lakefront property?
What are Tahoe second home buyers looking for in a Lake Tahoe Lakefront property?
You’ll find that Lake Tahoe Lakefront properties that are in demand and sell quickly have several characteristics in common:
- Excellent maintenance – Well cared for properties inside and out
- Upgraded and/or updated properties that have high-end, custom features found in newer construction luxury homes
- Homes that are ready to use on day one – no to-do lists and deferred home projects
- Mountain Charm, Clean, and Uncluttered – Reflective of the Tahoe Lifestyle
- Pier | Private, and/or Shared with One, or Two Owners
- Pier | Deep Water
- Pier | Newer Construction
- Boat House
- Power Boat Lift(s)
- Rock Crib Marina
- Sun Deck or Lake-side Deck
- Beach Area
- Limited number of steps/stairs to lakefront area, and a power trolley/lift to move items up and down from pier area.
- Easy to show at all times – no highly restrictive showing appointment requirements
- Lakefront Frontage | Size does matter 25′ vs 50′ vs 100′ vs 200′
- Listing Agent is available with limited notice to show your lakefront property, or it is on a professional REALTOR® lockbox for access to show the property
- Correct Pricing in the Fair Market Value range according to the current market conditions
What are the features and wish-list items Tahoe Second Home Buyers are hoping to find in your Lake Tahoe Lakefront mountain home?
- Pier – Permitted | Private, and/or Shared with One, or Two Owners
- Pier – Permitted | Deep Water
- Pier – Permitted | Newer Construction
- Buoy(s) – All Permitted
- Boat House – Permitted
- Power Boat Lift(s) – Permitted
- Rock Crib Marina – Permitted
- Sun Deck or Lake-side Deck – Permitted
- Beach Area – Sandy, or Usable
- Level Lot with a limited number of steps/stairs to lakefront area, and a power trolley/lift (permitted) to move items up and down from pier area.
- Lakefront Frontage | Size does matter 25′ vs 50′ vs 100′ vs 200′
- Kitchen – Newer Updated/Upgraded: solid granite counter tops, or solid surfaces, and stainless steel and/or designer appliances
- Open Floor Plan – The open, great room concept is in demand here
- Hardwood floors in the main living areas
- Bathrooms – Newer Updated/Upgraded
- Outdoor living space – decks, patios, firepits
- Energy Efficiency – smart home technology, newer windows, well maintained mechanics, green features
- BMP Certificate – Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) Best Management Practices (BMP) Work
- Current Sewer Certificate – TCPUD
- Recent Pest Report – Clear Section I and Section II
- Recent Home Inspection Report (Even though a buyer will get their own inspections, they mentally give positive points to a home owner that has had a home inspection done to show them the current condition of the property from a professional perspective.)
- Fireplace – Gas Log, or Wood Burning in the living room
- EPA Compliant Wood Burning Stove, or Fireplace Insert
- Garage – Two car preferred, but one car will do (even a carport is a plus)
- Garage with Guest Quarters
- Mountain – Old Tahoe style
- Mountain Contemporary Modern
- Optional Home Owner Association (HOA) for Lake Tahoe recreational water access and amenities is a plus in addition to the individual lakefront home owner features
- Larger lot for the area
- Off the main road (side streets) with lower traffic locations and noise
- Lake Views for most rooms
- Lakefront – actual lakefront property and not a beachfront setting.
If you’re thinking of selling your Lake Tahoe Lakefront home it will be more valuable, and have more market appeal if your property has any of these updates, and/or features. Even if your property needs some work, don’t worry, buyers are still going to be interested as Lake Tahoe Lakefront homes are always in demand!
Even our most exclusive lakefront properties will have their buyers starting their Lake Tahoe Lakefront home search staring on-line.
Our Tahoe luxury buyers will start making decisions on what they like and don’t like on your Lake Tahoe Lakefront home from the very first day your lakefront home hits the market.
Like all Tahoe buyers, they want information, and that means your Lakefront property needs to have the best on-line exposure, presentation, and coverage possible.
Real Estate marketing is far more advanced today. It is so much more than just entering your property data and a few photos in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple Listing Service (TSMLS), and hoping for Internet syndication, or by placing a local ad in a newspaper that only comes out twice a week.
As a Lake Tahoe Lakefront Seller if your agent is still hoping to get potential buyers to call about your home, with a limited internet profile, poor photographs, and a local ad in the real estate section, you may be very disappointed with the end results.
Serious second home buyers view an on-line listing with limited and/or incomplete information with poor, or no photos, as a property that has serious problems, or is in very poor condition. You, and/or your real estate agent may see it as being selective, and a way to encourage more questions and interest, but our luxury Tahoe home buyers see this approach as a big negative.
Second home owners don’t have the luxury of being able to drive by your property and say “wow, this home looks so much better in person than it does on-line”. A poor on-line Internet presentation puts your property at a marketing disadvantage and any disadvantage is code for a “lower price”.
Simply put, a poor first impression will hurt your efforts to get top dollar for your Lake Tahoe Lakefront home.
Lakefront Lake Tahoe Seller Tip – Provide as much information and property details as you can on your property. Detailed information support value and listed price. The more information, the better!
If your Lake Tahoe Lakefront home has special features, make a room-by-room list and your agent can present those features in a number of different ways including a listing presentation buyer book, in-room flyers, or displays.
Lakefront Lake Tahoe Seller Tip – On-line Curb Appeal! Pick the best photo as your first photo that will get buyers to click on your home listing to get more information.
You may not have thought about how important your first position photo is to a potential buyer, but the Internet has become your very first showing to home buyers.
Each on-line viewing is your first showing to that potential buyer! Every time your home is viewed on-line that Tahoe buyer is making that critical first impression decision on whether or not to have your Lake Tahoe Lakefront home on their short list of properties to see when they come to Lake Tahoe.
Unlike other markets, this second home market often has a buyer here for only a few hours to see properties – a one day buying trip.
Most buyers have already decided what homes to see before they ever get here. Your on-line presence will impact a buyers “must-see” showing list, which means you need a great internet profile and presentation of your property before that buyer ever arrives here in Lake Tahoe.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Only use the best photographs to market your Tahoe Property!
To achieve the broadest world-wide Internet marketing exposure and presence, your Lake Tahoe Lakefront property needs a combination of a fully completed TSMLS property profile information, social media campaign, blogging, and video exposure.
Experienced real estate agents that understand a strong on-line marketing plan when combined with other key traditional home marketing strategies can really make a difference in getting the word out about your Lake Tahoe Lakefront home for sale.
Do you want to know if your Tahoe Real Estate Agent understands how Internet Marketing works? Just check out where Laura Allen with her own real estate website ranks on Google Page 1 for the internet search “Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale”.
You’ll find her website on Google Page 1 in the number 2 spot! Laura’s website is ranking right there with the big national mega real estate portals with their multi-million dollars advertising budgets.
Laura Allen is a Tahoe REALTOR that understands what needs to be done when it comes to Internet marketing and is getting page one results!
When you’re ready to buy, or sell your Lake Tahoe Lakefront Home call Laura Allen, 530.414.1260!
See Lake Tahoe, California lakefront homes for sale here:
Thinking about making Lake Tahoe, California your second home? Check out the homes that are for sale here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Lake Tahoe? Here are the current listings:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
What is my lakefront home worth in Lake Tahoe