Tahoe City Wine Walk, Saturday, June 21, 2014
Get ready to kick your summer off with the 9th annual Tahoe City Wine Walk, Saturday, June 21, 2014 in downtown Tahoe City, California! If you enjoy shopping and wine tasting this is the perfect event for you in charming Lake Tahoe lakeside town of Tahoe City!
If you’re looking for a way to mark the beginning and the end of our summer-fall seasons here in the greater Tahoe area, mark your calendars to start with the Tahoe City Annual Wine Walk on June 21, 2014 and plan on ending it by going to the fall Annual Truckee Wine Walk, which will happen on October 4, 2014 this year. Between the two events you’ll enjoy nothing but sunny days, and the enjoyment of the Tahoe lifestyle here!
This year starting at noon, there will be over 23 different wineries, plus two different tea companies, beer and cider companies, along with a vodka and tequila/sangria sampling opportunity.
In addition to the beverages, there will be different tasting locations set-up through-out the downtown area of Tahoe City from some of the area’s best restaurants. You’ll get a chance to shop, take advantage of event specials, sip, sample, and learn more about being in downtown Tahoe City!
Last year over 800+ Tahoe City Wine Walkers enjoyed this great event. I’ve gone the past three years and I can tell you from personal experience it’s a lot of fun to go up and down main street sipping, sampling, and reminding yourself about how great downtown Tahoe City is during our summer season!
Here are my Tahoe City Wine Walk participant tips that will help you really enjoy the event:
1) Comfortable Shoes – Wear comfortable walking shoes! Yes, we love our fashion, but this event covers over ¾ of a mile, and that’s only if you walk one direction. You’ll start down at either the North Lake Tahoe Visitors Center and you’ll end up at the Boat Works Mall, or you’ll do the reverse direction and start at the Boat Works Mall. You will zig and zag, and/or double back, so you’ll get your exercise in for the day. Either way, you’ll cover Tahoe City from end-to-end. While glamour always counts, smart, sensible, comfortable foot fashion is what wins the day here!
2) Designated Driver – Plan ahead and have a designated driver. If you don’t have a friend to come and pick you up, consider taking the bus TART (Tahoe Area Rapid Transit), a cab, or walking. No bikes. Riding a bike while intoxicated can be just as dangerous as driving a car, and you can be ticketed for it.
3) Wear Layers & Sunscreen -. The weather forecast is for sunny, clear skies and temperatures in the mid-70’s – yeah! While it may be sunny and warm, but bring a light jacket just in case and wear sunscreen. You’ll be outside for 4+ hours, so be prepared for a day in the sun!
4) Pace Yourself & Hydrate- It’s easy to forget to pace yourself. Remember you’re doing the Tahoe City Wine Walk at an elevation of 6,200+ feet above sea level. Drink plenty of water, sit when possible, and watch how much sun you get through-out the day. You’ll want to enjoy Sunday as much as you enjoyed Saturday!
Tahoe City Wine Walk
When: Saturday, June 21, 2014, Noon – 4 p.m.
Tickets are $40 in advanced, or $50 (cash only) on the day of the event.
Ticket price includes admission, commemorative wine glass, bite-sized food tasting, and live music.
Tickets can be purchased from Uncorked Wine Bar, or you can buy tickets on line at www.TahoeCityWineWalk.com
Starting location – downtown Tahoe City, California. Check in at either one of two locations:
North Lake Tahoe Visitor’s Center, 100 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA
Boatworks Mall, 760 North Lake Blvd., Tahoe City, CA
Bring your Identification! Must be 21+ Years in order to do the walk.
The Tahoe City Wine Walk is a fundraiser for the Tahoe City Downtown Association and this non-profit organization has the goal to enhance and promote the downtown area and make it a great place for visitors and residents to enjoy!
If you’ve been looking for a reason to come up to Tahoe City, California, and start your summer off right with some fun, wine tasting, shopping, and just enjoying downtown Tahoe City, this is your event. You’ll need to purchase your tickets today by 5 p.m. to get the advanced ticket price and save $10 over the “at door” price.
See you at the Tahoe City Wine Walk in Downtown Tahoe City this Saturday, June 21, 2014!
Thinking about making Tahoe City, California your second home? Check out the homes that are for sale in Tahoe City here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Tahoe City? Here are the current listings:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
Laura A. Allen | 530.414.1260 | Laura@TahoeLaura.com
BROKER ASSOCIATE, Tahoe Real Estate Agent
Coldwell Banker, Tahoe City, CA CalRE#01908304
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Tahoe City Wine Walk, Saturday, June 21, 2014