What is a “Front Loaded” Tahoe City Home Buyer Negotiation?
Unlike other areas in California most of our Tahoe City home sellers do not have property inspection reports (home, pest, chimney, electrical, foundation, etc…), or seller property disclosures to provide to a potential Tahoe City buyer .
When these disclosures are provided ‘upfront” before that Tahoe City buyer makes an offer on a property, we look at the transaction as a “front loaded” purchase.
Most Tahoe City home buyer offer negotiations are not “front loaded”.
So what is a “front loaded” Tahoe City home buyer negotiation?
A front loaded Tahoe City home buyer negotiation process is when property disclosures, inspection reports, HOA documents and other pertinent/material information about a Tahoe property is given to the buyer either before, or during the purchase offer price negotiation process.
The buying process becomes “front loaded” as typically this information would not be given to a Tahoe City buyer until after an agreement on price and contract terms had been reached.
When do we typically see a front loaded Tahoe City home buyer negotiation situation?
- Failed Sale Situation: Often when a Tahoe City home falls out of escrow (the buyer decides to cancel the purchase agreement), there will be a number of Tahoe property disclosures, inspection reports, and other information that was collected by first buyer that the seller can now pass that organized information along to a new buyer.
The purpose of providing these documents before, or during the purchase offer negotiation process is to reduce the chances of the new buyer from canceling the transaction based upon the review of the property condition reports and other disclosures after both sides have come to an agreement on price and contract terms.
This front loaded Tahoe City home buyer negotiation process often results in a better price between the buyer and seller and the escrow process tends to have a much higher success rate of closing.
- Multiple Offers: Another situation when a front loaded Tahoe City home buyer negotiation process is used is when a Tahoe City seller knows they are going to price their property at, or below the current market to encourage multiple offers.
By using a front load negotiation process and providing property disclosures, inspection reports, and other useful information on the property to prospective Tahoe City home buyers when multiple offers are expected before the potential buyer(s) make an offer, often reduces the chances of a cancelled sale and is more likely to have negotiated a price that will be less subject to change.
Most Tahoe City home buyers would prefer a “front loaded” negotiation purchase offer process, but in the greater Tahoe area, most offers are made without the benefit of specific property inspections and/or sellers property disclosures.
If you have more questions about how the Tahoe City home buying process works in our area, let me know, I’m here to help you!
Thinking about making Tahoe City, California your second home? Check out the homes that are for sale in Tahoe City here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Tahoe City? Here are the current listings:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
What is a Front Loaded Tahoe City Home Buyer Negotiation?