What is my home worth in Carnelian Bay?
What is my home worth in Carnelian Bay? Market conditions have changed in the past few years. Check out the current over-all market real estate data as of 02-28-2016 to get a better idea of the Carnelian Bay real estate market conditions.
Real Estate Market Activity for Carnelian Bay, California as of 02-28-2016:
- Number of Homes Sold in Carnelian Bay – 2015: 67
- Median Average Sold Sales Price in Carnelian Bay for 2015: $505,000
- Average Sold Sales Price in Carnelian Bay for 2015: $850,114
- Sold Price Range in Carnelian Bay: $254,500 – $5,250,000
- Average Sold Median Sales Price to Sold Median List Price Ratio for 2015 in Carnelian Bay: 96.2%
- Average Days on Market (DOM) in Carnelian Bay – 2015: 101 DOM
- Number of Lakefront Homes Sold in Carnelian Bay – 2015: 6
- Number of Active and Available Homes for Sale in Carnelian Bay as of 02-28-2016: 15
- Pending Sales in Carnelian Bay 02-28-2016: 4
- Number of Distressed Sales – Court Approval, Short Sales, or REO Bank Foreclosures in Carnelian Bay Available for Sale as of 02-282016: 0
The demand for cabins and mountain homes in the Carnelian Bay area has been strong because of the wonderful central location on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe between Tahoe City and Kings Beach. The variety of different neighborhoods in this area gives home owners some great choices in this community from a forest-mountain setting to being able to be very close to public beaches. The Carnelian Bay community has something for everyone!
The Carnelian Bay area was named semi-precious stones that were discovered on the beaches of Lake Tahoe back in the mid 1800’s.
Today, Carnelian Bay is home to Gar Wood’s lakefront restaurant and bar, the Sierra Boat Company, Magic Carpet miniature golf course, and the Old Post office restaurant just to name a few long-time businesses in the area.
Carnelian Bay also has a very nice public beach area – Patton’s Landing, which is dog friendly.
This North Shore community makes it easy to get to Northstar, Alpine Meadows, Squaw Valley, or the Homewood Ski resorts. It is also close to all of the Lake Tahoe recreational activities such as boating, hiking, biking, tennis, golf, miniature golf, skiing, shopping, restaurants and so much more.
Are you ready to find out what your Carnelian Bay home is worth? Just click on the link below and you will be asked to provide us with some information on your Carnelian Bay property and I will get you a complete home market valuation report.
While instant home values and market estimates are a growing trend, the reason you’re here is you know most of those instant home values for the Carnelian Bay area that you find on-line are not accurate, and when it comes to money, accuracy matters!
Let’s take the time to make sure we have the right data and information on your Carnelian Bay property, before we provide a real market valuation estimate for your Tahoe home.
We know that each Carnelian Bay property is unique and we want to make sure your mountain home gets all of the credit and value it deserves for all of those special features.
What feature are in demand by second home buyers causing Carnelian Bay homes and cabins in general to sell quickly? You’ll find that Carnelian Bay Mountain homes that are in demand have several characteristics in common:
- Excellent maintenance – Well cared for properties inside and out
- Upgraded and/or updated having features found in newer construction homes
- Mountain Charm, Clean, and Uncluttered
- Easy to show at all times – no appointment needed and on REALTOR® Electronic Lock Box
- Correct Pricing in the Fair Market Value range according to the current market conditions
What are the hot-button features Tahoe Second Home Buyers are looking to find? How can you make your Carnelian Bay lakefront, mountain home, or cabin stand-out from the rest?
- Kitchen – Newer Updated/Upgraded: solid granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances
- Open Floor Plan – The open, great room concept is in demand here
- Hardwood floors in the main living areas
- Bathrooms – Newer Updated/Upgraded
- Energy Efficiency – newer windows, smart home technology, well maintained mechanics, smart home
- BMP Certificate – Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) Best Management Practices (BMP) Work
- Current Sewer Certificate – NTPUD
- Recent Pest Report – Clear Section I and Section II
- Recent Home Inspection Report (Even though a buyer will get their own inspections, they mentally give positive points to a home owner that has had a home inspection done to show them the current condition of the property from a professional perspective.)
- Fireplace – Gas Log, or Wood Burning in the living room
- EPA Wood Burning Compliant Wood Burning Stove, or Fireplace Insert
- Garage – Two car preferred, but one car will do (even a carport is a plus)
- Mountain – Cabin vibe
- Optional Home Owner Association (HOA) for Lake Tahoe recreational water access and amenities – beach, pier, buoy rental option is a bonus
- Backs to, or is next to open space
- Lake Views
If you’re thinking of selling your Carnelian Bay home it will be more valuable if your property has any of these updates, and/or features.
As a Carnelian Bay Seller did you know that more than 92%+ of home buyers will begin their property search on the internet? Now, more than ever your mountain house needs to have the best on-line exposure, presentation, and coverage possible.
Internet marketing is far more advanced today. Long gone are the days of only putting in the bare minimum property information data and details along with just a few poor camera photos and then counting on the TSMLS to syndicate that information out to a few mega real estate websites. As a Seller if your agent is hoping this will worth to get potential buyers to call about your home, you will be very disappointed with the results.
Serious buyers view an on-line listing with limited and/or incomplete information and poor, or no photos, as a being a big negative. Many buyers view poor MLS listings as a property that may have something to hide – not the impression you will need to get top dollar for your Tahoe home.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Provide as much information and property details as you can on your property. The more information, the better!
Tahoe Seller Tip – On-line Curb Appeal! Pick the best photo as your first photo that will get buyers to click on your home listing to get more information.
You may not have thought about how important your first position photo is to a potential buyer, but the Internet has become your very first showing to home buyers.
It is critical that your first photo have on-line curb appeal and it sends the right message about your property!
Each on-line viewing is your first showing! Every time your home is viewed on-line that Tahoe buyer is making that critical first impression decision on whether or not to have your Carnelian Bay home on their short list of properties to see when they come to Lake Tahoe.
Unlike other markets, this second home market often has buyers here for only a few hours to see properties. Your on-line presence will impact that buyers “must-see” showing list, which means you need great photos of your property.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Only use the best photographs to market your Tahoe Property!
To achieve the broadest world-wide Internet marketing exposure and presence, your Carnelian Bay property needs a combination of a fully completed TSMLS property profile, social media campaign, blogging, and video exposure. Experienced real estate agents that understand a strong on-line marketing plan when combined with other key traditional home marketing strategies can really make a difference in getting the word out about your Carnelian Bay home for sale.
Do you want to know if your Tahoe Real Estate Agent understands how Internet Marketing works? Just check out where Laura Allen with her own real estate website and where it ranks on Google Page 1 for the internet search “Homes for Sale in Carnelian Bay”.
Yikes – Laura’s main real estate competition on page one are all the big national mega real estate portals with their multi-million dollars advertising budgets.
Laura Allen is a Tahoe REALTOR that understands what needs to be done when it comes to Internet marketing and is getting page one results!
Want to know more about Laura Allen and her success rate?
Ready to make the Carnelian Bay area your second home? Check out what is for sale here:
- Carnelian Bay Homes for Sale
- Carnelian Bay Condos for Sale
- Agate Bay Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Condos for Sale
Need to expand your Carnelian Bay home search? Check out the current homes for sale on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe here:
Need more help in trying to figure out your greater Carnelian Bay and North Lake Tahoe home buying options?
Do you want help figuring out the neighborhoods, and the ones that will best meet your needs? Call me at 530.414.1260 and I can help you find the right place to buy!
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.
What is my home worth in Carnelian Bay?