What is my home worth in Tahoe City | 2016
What is my home worth in Tahoe City? Market conditions have changed in the past few years. Check out the current over-all market real estate data as of 03-04-2016 to get a better idea of the Tahoe City real estate market conditions.
Real Estate Market Activity for Tahoe City, California as of 03-04-2016:
- Number of Homes Sold in Tahoe City – 2015: 105
- Median Average Sold Sales Price in Tahoe City for 2015: $650,000
- Average Sold Sales Price in Tahoe City for 2015: $989,403
- Sold Price Range in Tahoe City: $315,00000 – $8,199,000
- Average Sold Median Sales Price to Sold Median List Price Ratio for 2015 in Tahoe City: 99.2%
- Average Days on Market (DOM) in Tahoe City – 2015: 90 DOM
- Number of Lakefront Homes Sold in Tahoe City- 2015: 4
- Number of Active and Available Homes for Sale in Tahoe City as of 03-04-2016: 37
- Pending Sales in Tahoe City 03-04-2016: 4
- Number of Distressed Sales – Court Approval, Short Sales, or REO Bank Foreclosures in Tahoe City Available for Sale as of 03-04-2016: 9
The demand for cabins and mountain homes in the Tahoe City area continues to be strong because of the wonderful coveted location that the Tahoe City area has on both the North Shore of Lake Tahoe and the West Shore of Lake Tahoe.
The variety of different neighborhoods in this community gives home owners a wide variety of options from being in a remote forest setting that is still just steps from the high-speed Sherwood ski chair lift at the top of Ward Canyon that will take you to the ski slopes of Alpine Meadows to many neighborhoods that are very close to the beaches of Lake Tahoe. The Tahoe City community continues to be a top choice for home owners!
Tahoe City stretches out about 3 miles east on the North Shore (Hwy 28) and about 2.5 -3 miles south on the West Shore (Hwy 89S).
The Tahoe City was officially established over 100 years ago and has been a favorite premiere vacation destination for generations
Today, Tahoe City is known for its charming village atmosphere where you can shop, dine out, and enjoy time at edge of Lake Tahoe and never have to get back in your car until it is time go home.
Tahoe City has several public beaches, including Commons Beach, which is located in the heart of the downtown area, but you’ll also find public beach areas on the North Shore and West Shore areas, not to mention a wonderful paved bike/walking trail path system that allows you to take in our scenic beauty.
This North Shore community makes it easy to get to Alpine Meadows, Squaw Valley, Homewood, or Northstar Ski resorts. It is symbolizes all of the Lake Tahoe recreational activities such as boating, hiking, biking, tennis, golf, miniature golf, skiing, shopping, restaurants and so much more that the Lake Tahoe -Truckee area has to offer.
Are you ready to find out what your Tahoe City home is worth? Just click on the link below and you will be asked to provide us with some information on your Tahoe City property and I will get you a complete home market valuation report.
While I’m all for technology, I have found that the instant home values and market estimates that the automated programs can produce are often very inaccurate and let’s face it, accuracy counts when it comes to your money and what your home is really worth, so let’s do a real evaluation on your property.
Let’s take the time to make sure we have the right data and information on your Tahoe City property. We know that each Tahoe City property is unique and we want to make sure your mountain home gets all of the credit and value it deserves for all of those special features before we place a value on it.
What feature are in demand by second home buyers causing Tahoe City homes and cabins in general to sell quickly? You’ll find that Tahoe City Mountain homes that are in demand have several characteristics in common:
- Excellent maintenance – Well cared for properties inside and out
- Upgraded and/or updated having features found in newer construction homes
- Homes that are ready to use on day one – no home projects to do
- Mountain Charm, Clean, and Uncluttered
- Easy to show at all times – no special appointment needed
- On REALTOR® Electronic Lock Box — listing agents do not need to be present to show the property
- Correct Pricing in the Fair Market Value range according to the current market conditions
What are the hot-button features Tahoe Second Home Buyers are looking to find? How can you make your Tahoe City lakefront, mountain home, or cabin stand-out from the rest?
- Kitchen – Newer Updated/Upgraded: solid granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances
- Open Floor Plan – The open, great room concept is in demand here
- Hardwood floors in the main living areas
- Bathrooms – Newer Updated/Upgraded
- Outdoor living space – decks and patios
- Energy Efficiency – newer windows, smart home technology, well maintained mechanics, smart home
- BMP Certificate – Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) Best Management Practices (BMP) Work
- Current Sewer Certificate – TCPUD
- Recent Pest Report – Clear Section I and Section II
- Recent Home Inspection Report (Even though a buyer will get their own inspections, they mentally give positive points to a home owner that has had a home inspection done to show them the current condition of the property from a professional perspective.)
- Fireplace – Gas Log, or Wood Burning in the living room
- EPA Wood Burning Compliant Wood Burning Stove, or Fireplace Insert
- Garage – Two car preferred, but one car will do (even a carport is a plus)
- Mountain – Cabin vibe
- Optional Home Owner Association (HOA) for Lake Tahoe recreational water access and amenities – beach, pier, buoy rental option is a bonus
- Backs to, or is next to open space
- Low traffic locations
- Lake Views
If you’re thinking of selling your Tahoe City home it will be more valuable if your property has any of these updates, and/or features.
As a Tahoe City Seller did you know that more than 92%+ of home buyers will begin their property search on the internet? Now, more than ever your mountain house needs to have the best on-line exposure, presentation, and coverage possible.
Internet marketing is far more advanced today. Long gone are the days of only putting in the bare minimum property information data and details along with just a few poor camera photos and then counting on the TSMLS to syndicate that information out to a few mega real estate websites.
As a Seller if your agent is hoping this will worth to get potential buyers to call about your home, you will be very disappointed with the results.
Serious buyers view an on-line listing with limited and/or incomplete information and poor, or no photos, as a being a big negative. Many buyers view poor MLS listings as a property that may have something to hide – not the impression you will need to get top dollar for your Tahoe home.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Provide as much information and property details as you can on your property. The more information, the better!
Tahoe Seller Tip – On-line Curb Appeal! Pick the best photo as your first photo that will get buyers to click on your home listing to get more information.
You may not have thought about how important your first position photo is to a potential buyer, but the Internet has become your very first showing to home buyers.
It is critical that your first photo have on-line curb appeal and it sends the right message about your property!
Each on-line viewing is your first showing! Every time your home is viewed on-line that Tahoe buyer is making that critical first impression decision on whether or not to have your Tahoe City home on their short list of properties to see when they come to Lake Tahoe.
Unlike other markets, this second home market often has buyers here for only a few hours to see properties. Your on-line presence will impact that buyers “must-see” showing list, which means you need great photos of your property.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Only use the best photographs to market your Tahoe Property!
To achieve the broadest world-wide Internet marketing exposure and presence, your Tahoe City property needs a combination of a fully completed TSMLS property profile, social media campaign, blogging, and video exposure. Experienced real estate agents that understand a strong on-line marketing plan when combined with other key traditional home marketing strategies can really make a difference in getting the word out about your Carnelian Bay home for sale.
What is my Home Worth in Tahoe City?
Do you want to know if your Tahoe Real Estate Agent understands how Internet Marketing works? Just check out where Laura Allen with her own real estate website and where it ranks on Google Page 1 for the internet search “Luxury Homes for Sale in Tahoe City”.
Want to know more about Laura Allen and her success rate?
Thinking about making Tahoe City, California your second home? Check out the homes that are for sale in Tahoe City here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Tahoe City? Here are the current listings:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
Need to Expand your Tahoe City Home Search? Check out all Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale here:
Need more help in trying to figure out your greater Tahoe City and North Lake Tahoe home buying options?
Do you want help figuring out the neighborhoods, and the ones that will best meet your needs? Call me at 530.414.1260 and I can help you find the right place to buy!
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Buyers and Sellers should investigate and verify all information to their own satisfaction.
What is my home worth in Tahoe City?