Winter Fireworks Squaw Valley – 2018
One of the things I enjoy about living here in the North Lake Tahoe – greater Truckee area are the free local events our community continues to create to add to our enjoyment.
This year one of our new events for you to experience are the free winter fireworks shows in Squaw Valley every Saturday evening (January 6 – through March 2018) at approximately 6 p.m. (after the sun has set) weather permitting.
If you haven’t have the opportunity to see a firework show over our snow covered mountains, this needs to be on you to-do list for this winter season.
The North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area has incorporated so many fun free events through-out our different seasons, the addition of a weekly fireworks show at Squaw Valley is just one more reason to make a winter trip up to our area and have some fun!
If you’ll be up here in our area don’t forget to check out the firework shows at The Village at Squaw Valley tonight and every Saturday evening through March 2018.
A couple of tips if you’re headed to one of the outdoor events:
- Dress Warmly – You’ll want to dress warmly and in layers as you’ll be outside and our evening are cold – brrrrr!
- Be Early – Parking is always a challenge during our peak ski season so allow enough time for parking and finding a good spot to watch the show! Events in our area tend to start on time so give yourself extra travel time so you can be early and not rushed.
- Flashlight – Always bring along a small flashlight. Don’t count on your cell phone flashlight. At the end of the evening phone battery life is often low, or gone, so carry a real small flashlight. It will make it easy to find your way back to the place you are staying, or back to your car at night.
If you want to avoid the crowds and watch the fireworks from your car, find a good spot in the parking lot, or anywhere you can see the ski resort.
To make it a fun event, in the past we’ve planned ahead and ordered pizza to go from the Fireside Pizza restaurant. We’ve also ordered sushi to go to, so any of the local Village restaurants are a possibility. Choose your favorite cuisine and enjoy!
We’ve set our order so it is ready to go at 5:40 p.m. (that means calling in about an hour before to make the timing work). Twenty minutes before the event starts is just enough time to drop one of us off at the entrance to the Village, pick-up our order, and then find a parking spot to watch the show.
You’ll have a good view and your own private show in your car. If you brink lawn chairs you can sit by your car and still have the entire outdoor experience, but without the crowds!
If you’re in the Village (best place to view the show) the Plaza Bar will be serving complimentary hot cocoa just before the fireworks show begins. There will also be food and beverages for purchase from 4 – 6:30 p.m.
Here is the schedule of Free Winter Firework Squaw Valley Show Events:
6 p.m. Winter Fireworks at the Village at Squaw Valley. Best viewing at the KT Bar area, but if you have a view of the Squaw Valley Ski Resort you’ll have a view of the fireworks from a distance.
There are many restaurants and bars in the Village, so after the show you can make an evening out of being there.
See you at one of the free Winter Firework shows a Squaw Valley this year!
Ready to make the Squaw Valley area your second home? Check out what homes are for sale here:
How about a Squaw Valley condo? Check out what is for sale here:
- Squaw Valley Homes for Sale
- Squaw Valley Condos for Sale
- Resort at Squaw Creek Condos for Sale
- The Village at Squaw Valley Condos for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Homes for Sale on the North Shore of Lake Tahoe
- Homes for Sale on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Winter Fireworks Squaw Valley – 2018