Summer Movies on the Beach Tahoe City 2021
Ready to experience an outdoor movie on the edge of Lake Tahoe?
If your answer is yes, and you’ll be in the greater North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area on any Wednesday between July 14 through August 18, 2021, check out Commons Beach in Downtown Tahoe City at dusk!
This is a local summer favorite! It is the chance to be outside and watch the Alpenglow cover Lake Tahoe at dusk and then spend a couple of hours watching a movie on the big blow-up screen.
If you haven’t been to an outdoor movie recently in a park, or in our case, one set on the beach in North Lake Tahoe, put this event on your summer list of things to do this year!
The Wednesday night Tahoe City movies on the beach will begin at dusk. All movies will be at Commons Beach in downtown Tahoe City.
You’ll find that all of the movies are either PG or PG-13. If you want to get their early, the fun starts at 7 p.m. with the movie starting at dusk (check your phone weather app to find out when dusk is on the night you’ll be going).
Summer Movies on the Beach Tahoe City 2021 Schedule
- July 14, 2021 | Doolittle (PG) 1 hr 41 minutes
- July 21, 2021 | A League of Their Own (PG) 2 hrs 8 minutes
- July 28, 2021 | Lion King (PG) 1 hr 58 minutes
- August 4, 2021 | Tom & Jerry (PG) 1 hr 41 minutes
- August 11, 2021 | Croods: A New Age (PG) 1 hr 36 minutes
- August 18, 2021 | Guardians of the Galaxy (PG-13) 2 hrs 5 minutes
Cost: FREE ??? | $1/person donation (not sure on this one)
All movies are subject to good weather conditions and safety protocols.
Here are some Suggested Movie Going Tips:
Movie Attendees are encouraged to bring the following:
- Chairs Only low back chairs are allowed. However, if you bring a high back chair (I get it, not everyone can easily get up and down into a low-backed beach chair, I’m one of them) you will have to sit on the side, or in the back of the viewing area.
- Bring sleeping bags/beach towels (small plastic tarp to put under them) if you’ll be on the ground. Remember the ground most likely will be damp, so make sure you have the right things to put down on the ground for an enjoyable evening.
- Bring blankets and jackets (our summer evening and nights will become cool and if a breeze comes up off the lake things will really cool down fast).
- The fun starts around 7 p.m. If you arrive early you can watch them set up the movie screen. You’ll get some people watching time in along with seeing the incredible Alpenglow over Lake Tahoe!
- Snacks There are food truck/concession sales, but you are allowed to bring your own snacks, so if you’re on a diet, you can still stay on track and enjoy the movie. It’s nice to support the local vendors, but you have some options.
- Movies begin at dusk. (Check your weather app on your phone for the time dusk will begin for the date you are going to attend.)
- Bring a flashlight so you can make sure you’ve packed everything up and have an easy walk back to your car with light when the movie is over.
Come out and enjoy a beautiful summer evening in Tahoe City out underneath the stars and watch a free movie on the beaches of Lake Tahoe this year!
See you at one Tahoe City Summer Movies on the Beach this summer!
You might also be interested in some of our other North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area events.
In the past, we have had a number of other free and fun weekly events to enjoy all summer (weather and safety protocols permitting).
Check out the links for the most current and available information for each event:
- Truckee Music Concerts in the Park Truckee River Regional Park | 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. No update has been provided
- Tahoe City Outdoor Movies on the Beach Downtown Tahoe City (Commons Beach) | Dusk – July 14 – August 18, 2021 ($1 per person donation)
- Farmer’s Market Downtown Tahoe City (Commons Beach) | May 14 – Oct 7, 2021
- Truckee Thursdays (Downtown Historic Truckee) | July 15, 2021, August 12, and September 9, 2021 – Subject to change
- Summer Movies at the Park in Tahoe Vista 2021 | Movies start at Dusk, July 8 – August 12, 2021
- Squaw Valley Outdoor Movies at the Village in Squaw Valley | No update – To be announced
- Kings Beach Live Music Concerts on the Beach | 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. | July 9 -Sept 3, 2021.
- Truckee Saturday Farmers Market (Downtown Historic Truckee at the Railyard Parking Lot) | 8 a.m. – 12 noon – June 5 through September 4, 2021
- Tahoe City Live Music Concerts on the Beach | 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. July 25, 2021 – September 5, 2021.
Ready to make Tahoe City your second home?
Check out what is for sale here, or search by popular neighborhoods below, or search by map below:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Alpine Peaks
- Blackwood Cove
- Bittencourt Tract
- Bunker Tract
- Cathedral Forest
- Comstock Acres
- Dollar Point
- Lake Forest
- Miramar Heights
- Sunnyside Tract
- Tahoe Park Heights
- Tahoe Park
- Tahoe Sierra Estates
- Tahoe Tavern Heights
- Tahoe Woods
- Talmont Estates
- Twin Peaks Estates
- Ward Creek
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
Want to search the Tahoe City and surrounding area by Map?
Start with the Tahoe City area for homes, condos, and lots here:
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Summer Movies on the Beach Tahoe City 2021