Summer Movies at the Park in Tahoe Vista 2021
Ready to experience an outdoor movie in the greater North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area?
If your answer is yes, and you’ll be in the greater North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area on any Thursday between July 8, 2021, through August 12, 2021, check out a movie at the North Tahoe Regional Park at 6600 Donner Road in Tahoe Vista at dusk!
This is a great local summer event, and enjoying an outdoor movie here in our area is just good old-fashioned fun!
This is your opportunity to be outside and watch the Alpenglow turn our local sky all shades of pinks, purples, oranges, and golds, and then spend a couple of hours enjoying a movie on the big blow-up screen.
If you haven’t been to an outdoor movie recently in a park, or at the beach, put this one your summer list of things to do this year!
The Thursday night movie series in Tahoe Vista is free and snacks are available for purchase. If you want to bring your own picnic, that will work too!
The Tahoe Vista movies in the park will begin at dusk and all of the movies are either PG or PG-13.
The fun starts around 6:30 p.m. and will be done around 9:30 p.m. with the movie starting at dusk (check your local weather app for a more precise time for dusk on the day of the movie).
Summer Movies at the Park in Tahoe Vista 2021 – Movie Line-up Schedule:
- July 8, 2021 | Onward (PG) 1 hr 42 minutes
- July 15, 2021 | Trolls World Tour (PG-13) 1 hr 30 minutes
- July 22, 2021 | Raya and the Last Dragon (PG) 1 hr 57 minutes
- August 5, 2021 | Abominable (PG) 1 hr 37 minutes
- August 12, 2021 | Cats and Dogs 3 (PG) 1 hr 24 minutes
Where: North Tahoe Regional Park – 6600 Donner Road in Tahoe Vista
All movies are subject to good weather conditions and safety protocols.
Here are some Suggested Movie Going Tips:
Movie Attendees are encouraged to bring the following:
- Chairs Only low-back chairs are allowed. However, if you bring a high back chair (I get it, not everyone can easily get up and down into a low-backed beach chair, I’m in that group myself) you will have to sit on the side, or in the back of the viewing area.
- Bring sleeping bags/beach towels (small plastic tarp to put under them) if you’ll be on the ground. Remember the ground most likely will be damp, so make sure you have the right things to put down on the ground for an enjoyable evening.
- Bring blankets and jackets (our summer evening and nights will become cool and if a breeze comes up off the lake things will really cool down fast).
- The fun starts around 6:30 – 7 p.m. If you arrive early you can watch them set up the movie screen. You’ll get some people watching time in along with seeing the incredible Alpenglow over Lake Tahoe!
- Snacks You are allowed to bring your own picnic/snacks, so if you’re on a diet, you can still stay on track and enjoy the movie, but they also have popcorn, candy, and drinks before and during the show.
- Movies begin at dusk.
- Bring a flashlight so you can make sure you’ve packed everything up and have an easy walk back to your car with extra light when the movie is over.
Come out and enjoy a beautiful summer evening in Tahoe Vista out underneath the stars and watch a free movie in the park this year!
See you at one Tahoe Vista Summer Movies at the park this summer!
The North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area has a number of other free and fun weekly events to enjoy all summer (weather permitting). Here is a quick list:
- Farmer’s Market Downtown Tahoe City (Commons Beach) | May 16 – Oct 10, 2019
- Truckee Thursdays (Downtown Historic Truckee) | June 13 – Aug 29, 2019 (no event on 4th of July)
- Summer Movies at the Park in Tahoe Vista 2021 | Movies start at Dusk, July 8 – August 12, 2021
- Squaw Valley Outdoor Movies at the Village in Squaw Valley | July 11 – Aug 30, 2019
- Kings Beach Live Music Concerts on the Beach | June 28 – Aug 30, 2019 (no event on Aug 9)
Ready to make Tahoe Vista your second home? Check out what is for sale here:
- Tahoe Vista Homes for Sale
- Kingswood West
- Tahoe Estates
- Tahoe Marina Estates
- Tahoe Vista Condos for Sale
- Tahoe Vista Condos for Sale in a Lakefront Condo Development
- Tahoe Vista Lakefront Homes for Sale
Check out Near-by Kings Beach:
- Kings Beach Homes for Sale
- Kings Beach Condos for Sale
- Kingwood Estate Homes for Sale
- Kings Beach Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
Want to search the Tahoe Vista and surrounding area by Map?
Start with the Tahoe Vista and Kings Beach area for homes, condos, and lots here:
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Summer Movies at the Park in Tahoe Vista 2021