Tahoe City Farmers Market 2020
The Tahoe City Farmers Market 2020 opened Thursday, May 14, 2020, and will run through Thursday, October 15, 2020!
The return of the Tahoe City Farmers Market in downtown Tahoe City is always a welcome sign summer is really on its way here for the greater North Lake Tahoe area!
This year with the COVID-19 government restrictions it is an a more optimistic signal that the process to return to back to some type of normal has begun in our area.
If you’ll be up in the Tahoe City – Truckee area during our warmer months, you’ll want to make sure to stop by the Tahoe City Farmers’ Market and take advantage of the fresh fruits, veggies, and bakery items just to name of few of the items you’ll find at the outdoor market!
You may not know that our local Tahoe City Farmers’ Market program is seasonal in our area, and it is also weather permitting.
Local farmers and merchants from the greater Auburn Foothill area and the North Lake Tahoe area bring in their goods for sale into the downtown area of Tahoe City, California.
In my opinion, it is one of the most scenic settings you could have for a local Farmers Market at the edge of beautiful Lake Tahoe!
Items that you may find depending on the season are bread, pastries, jams, vinegar, olive oils, artesian cheeses (if you love cheese then you won’t want to miss the “Cheese Lady” from Dedrick’s Cheeses), meat, fish (yes, my Craig is a big fan of) The Little Fish Company and their Hawaiian Style Ahi Poke, and if you know what you want, you can always pre-order and pick-up at the market.
Our friend John Paine, owner of Paine Orchards always seems to have the most delicious peaches, nectarines, and pluots throughout the season!
There is nothing better than fresh-picked fruit off the trees!
Other items you’ll find at the Tahoe City Farmers Market: honey, herbs, mushrooms (yes there has been a vendor that offers just mushrooms), onions, beets, kale, chard, arugula, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes, artichokes, asparagus, apples, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, apricots, peaches, and depending on the season you’ll find a great assortment of fresh food, not to mention a wide variety of vendors.
Along with our fresh foods, there are also non-perishable goods for sale, which may include clothing, jewelry, soaps, lotions, and there is always the surprise of a new vendor!
If you’re in the mood for something to eat right now, you’ll also find specialty food vendors, which vary from week to week, but you may find crepes, cupcakes, and Indian food.
Want to learn more about the featured vendors? Here is a list of those vendors who have been regulars in the past, and if they have a website I’ve included that information so you can learn more about them. : )
- Il Gusto Spoon – Specialty Foods made by a Chef
- Raffine Chocolates
- Dinner Bell Farm
- Hot and Healthy Foods | Creperie Food Truck
- McClaughry Farms Honey (at the market the first Thursday of each month)
- Paine Orchards (peaches, nectarines plums, and pluots)
- Dedricks Cheese (Cheese, Crackers, Olives, and Salami)
- The Baker and the Cakemaker, Inc. (Handcrafted Artisan Breads and Pastries, sourdough bread, muffins, and scones)
- Rodriguez Farms (Organic produce including artichokes, beets, cauliflower, and broccoli. Our fresh berries include organic strawberries, red and golden raspberries, and blackberries.)
- Sugar Pine Cakery (Pasteries, Cookies, Brownies, Coffee, Espresso and lots of gluten-free options)
- Rivka Knit Designs (Every item is hand knitted by Rebecca Maidman of Rivka Knit Designs. We have shawls, scarves, felted purses, gloves, neck warmers, headbands, hats, rasta hats, and infinity scarves.)
- Twin Peaks Orchards (We hand-picked and packed tree-ripened fruit. All produce is sustainably grown. We have an onsite farm stand, we produce jams, sauces, olive oil, pies, and ice cream.)
- Tahoe Mountain Soaps (Handcrafted, natural soaps and lotions, sea sponges, soap dishes, and East African shea butter.)
- Roti Pakistani Authentic Food (Samosa’s, Vegetarian, Spinach and Pumpkin Parantha (Stuffed Indian Breads), Meals (veg. and non-veg.), Spices, Chutneys, Wraps (veg. and chicken), entries (veg. and chicken)
- Bravo Produce (Cherries, Apricots, Plums, Pluots, White Peaches, Yellow Peaches, Persimmons, Grapes, Tomatoes (Shady Lady), White & Yellow Nectarines, Pomegranates)
- Little Roots Farm (Microgreens, Salad mix, Edible Flowers, Heirloom Radish, Mini Head Lettuce)
- Sierra Valley Farms (Organic Green and vegetables, asparagus, horseradish, condiments.)
- Natural Trading Company (Produce, Fruit, Pastured Eggs)
- The Little Fish Company (Fish, poke, scallops, crab – in-season items) You can pre-order your items ahead of time and pick-up.
In addition to Farmers Market in Tahoe City on Thursday mornings, there are two (2) other Farmers Markets in Truckee:
- Tuesday Mornings at the Truckee River Regional Park
- Sunday late mornings/early afternoon at the Sears Center (canceled this year due to COVID-19 announced April 22, 2020.
You’ll find the Tahoe City Farmers’ Market open every Thursday morning from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the following location:
Tahoe City Farmers Market 2020
Thursday 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Tahoe City Farmers Market
- Commons Beach in downtown Tahoe City
- May 14, 2020 – October 15, 2020, more information: Tahoe City Farmers’ Market
If you’ll be in the greater Tahoe City area on any Thursday between mid-May through mid-October, just watch for the Farmers Market open signs in downtown Tahoe City!
It’s a great way to get some wonderful, local fresh produce, baked goods, and to just enjoy being here in the North Lake Tahoe area.
See you at the Farmers’ Market in Tahoe City, California this year!
You might also be interested in other North Lake Tahoe – Truckee area events.
In the past, we have had a number of other free and fun weekly events to enjoy all summer (weather permitting), however, this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many of these annual events have either been canceled, postponed until further notice, or have a late/delayed start this year.
Check out the links for the most current and available information for each event:
- Truckee Farmers Market (Truckee Regional Park) | 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. May 19 – Oct 20, 2020
- Gray’s Crossing Truckee | 2020 PJ’s at Gray’s Crossing status is not available, no schedule has been posted at this time.
- BluesDays Village at Squaw Valley Live Music | 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Aug 25, 2020 – Sept 8, 2020 – subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Truckee Music Concerts in the Park Truckee River Regional Park | 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. No update has been provided
- Tahoe City Outdoor Movies on the Beach Downtown Tahoe City (Commons Beach) | No update – To be announced
- Farmer’s Market Downtown Tahoe City (Commons Beach) | May 14, 2020 – Oct 15, 2020
- Truckee Thursdays (Downtown Historic Truckee) | Cancelled for 2020.
- Squaw Valley Outdoor Movies at the Village in Squaw Valley | Cancelled for 2020
- Kings Beach Live Music Concerts on the Beach | June 26, 2020, July 10, July 24, August 7, and August 28, 2020, listen from your home – FM 1015 Truckee Tahoe radio.
Ready to make Tahoe City your second home? Check out what is for sale here:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
Want to search the Tahoe City and surrounding area by Map? Start with the Tahoe City area for homes, condos and lots here:
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Tahoe City Farmers Market 2020