Tahoe Donner Condo Values | Market Report – Year End 2018
Looking for sold, year-end 2018 condo | townhouse real estate market data for the Tahoe Donner area? Here is the year-end 2018 review for the Tahoe Donner condo community in Truckee. The Tahoe Donner real estate market conditions continue to be strong, and favor Sellers. The average median condo sold sales price for 2018 in Tahoe Donner was $362,450.
Inventory levels of available condos/townhouses for sale in Tahoe Donner remain critically low and limited with Buyers having very few buying options most price points.
On January 13, 2019 there were only 36 home for sale.
Here are the current, active, Tahoe Donner condo | townhouses for sale, all price points:
You can see on the graph below that the over-all Tahoe Donner condo price trend for the average median condo sold sales price move up and 2018 is getting close to 2008 price levels.
Tahoe Donner condo/townhouse prices were up +5.1% for 2018, with a median average sales price of $362,450 (TSMLS Areas 9TD), which continues the upward price trend.
A common question I am often asked by Buyers and Sellers is:
- “What percentage of the listed price are Sellers getting on their Tahoe property?”
In 2018, Sellers realized 99.3% of the their listed condo price to the sold average median sales price in the greater Tahoe Donner area (MLS Areas 9TD).
This is close to the over-all region, which was slightly higher at 99.5%.
In every day terms, this means Sellers are very close to their full asking price, if they have priced their property correctly.
It also means Tahoe Buyers that want to low-ball, or be really aggressive on their offered price are going to have a hard time in this market.
Condo Sold Activity for the Tahoe Donner Area: Year-End 2018
YTD Period: 01-01-2018 to 12-31-2018 | MLS Areas 9TD
- Number of Condos Sold in Tahoe Donner: 56
- Median Average Sold Sales Price for Condos Tahoe Donner: $362,450
- Average Sold Sales Price in Tahoe Donner: $329,389
- Sold Price Range in Tahoe Donner: $87,500 – $530,000
- Percent (%) List to Sold Price Ratio: 99.3%
- Average Days on Market (DOM in MLS): 35 DOM
- Number of Active and Available Condos for Sale in Tahoe Donner as of 01-13-2019: 3 (TSMLS Areas 9TD)
- Pending Condo Sales in Tahoe Donner as of 01-25-2019: 5
- Number of Distressed Available Listing (MLS Areas 9TD) – As of 01-25-2019: Zero (0) listings: Zero (0) Court Approval | Zero (0) Short Sale | Zero (0) REO|Bank Foreclosures
Other interesting Tahoe Donner condo/townhouse market observations:
Days on Market (DOM) dropped significantly in 2018. For 2018 the number of days on the market for condo/townhouses is now at 35 days, which is down seventeen (17) days from 2017, which is a 33% decrease in marketing time.
The shorter the marketing time for a home, the stronger the market is for Sellers.
Inventory – Current inventory levels are critically low. Again, another sign of the market favoring Sellers.
Tahoe Donner is following the North Lake Tahoe – Truckee Regional Pricing Trends – The Tahoe Donner condo market is following the entire North Lake Tahoe – Truckee region and increased +5%, which is below the North Lake Tahoe – Truckee regional condo/townhouse price increase of +7% for 2018.
I always recommend looking the the entire North Lake Tahoe – Truckee Region for market trends. North Lake Tahoe – Truckee Home Values | Market Report – Year End 2018
If you already own a condo/townhouse in the Tahoe area and want to know what is your property is now worth? Call me call Laura Allen, 530.414.1260, for a confidential consultation.
Tahoe Condo/Home Buyers should do the following:
- See new listings as soon as possible. Tahoe second home Buyers should try to driving up the next day to see the property and not wait until the weekend.
- Ready, set, go! Be prepared to make a buying decision immediately.
- Work with an experienced local Tahoe Real Estate Agent. They understand the market conditions, and many Buyer Agents know how the other side negotiation tactics.
- If you will need a loan, make sure your lender has approved you. You will need to move quickly and not having your loan lined up will put you at a disadvantage.
- If you are buying a condo or townhome in the area, make sure you are using a local lender. Using a local lender that has recently processed a loan in the complex you want to buy in will do two things for you. One, you will have the confidence that the lender has already reviewed their HOA docs and previously approved the development, increasing your odds of the same outcome. Second, Sellers that know you have selected a lender with this experience will give you extra credit for knowing your lender is ready to go on their property.
If you want more long-term North Lake Tahoe – Truckee real estate data, check out the following table that has a lot of data going back over ten years. I’ve included both the average median sales price and average sales price (in some cases there is a significant difference between the two, but the trends are the same direction for both) are included for each year in the following table.
Tahoe Donner Condo Values | Market Report – Year End 2018
MLS Areas 9TD | 01/01 – 12/31/2018 (This table is best viewed on a laptop, desktop, or a device with a larger screen.)
|Year||Condos Sold||Median Average Sales Price||Average Sales Price||DOM Days On Market||Lowest Price Sold||Highest Price Sold||% Cash Transactions||% Distressed Sales||Breakdown of distressed Sales|
|2018*||56||$362,450||$329,389||35||$87,500||$530,000||43%||0%||0 REO’s 0 Short Sales|
|2017||81||$345000||$330,343||52||$75,000||$535,000||25%||0%||0 REO’s 0 Short Sales|
|2016||67||$310,000||$295,619||60||$71,000||$510,000||39%||1.5%||1 REO’s 0 Short Sales|
|2015||38||$286,500||$270,677||71||$50,000||$520,000||42%||2.6%||0 REO’s 0 Short Sales 1 Court Approval|
|2014||48||$275,750||$268,985||85||$53,000||$550,000||42%||3.4%||1 REO’s 1 Short Sales|
|2013||38||$251,000||$267,548||51||$60,000||$501,000||37%||7.9%||2 REO’s 1 Short Sales|
|2012||41||$210,000||$220,826||94||$40,000||$439,500||51%||22%||5 REO’s 4 Short Sales|
|2011||35||$220,000||$212,975||116||$49,000||$447,000||46%||37%||5 REO’s 8 Short Sales|
|2010||44||$289,250||$276,816||121||$46,000||$465,000||39%||43%||10 REO’s 9 Short Sale|
|2009||34||$310,500||$293,720||130||$98,000||$462,000||32%||21%||5 REO’s 2 Short Sale|
|2008||19||$379,000||$370,365||135||$165,000||$555,000||32%||0%||0 REO’s 0 Short Sales|
|2007||32||$414,450||$372,762||117||$92,000||$665,000||26%||0%||0 REO’s 0 Short Sales|
|2006||30||$419,900||$432,540||90||$235,000||$628,900||0%||0%||0 REO’s 0 Short Sales|
REO’s = Real Estate Owned, which is the name banks use for their bank foreclosed properties.
Short Sales = Owner does not have the money to pay off all of the debt and asks the debt holders to take less back in order to close the sale.
*YTD period is 01/01/2018 – 12-31-2018. Data Source: Tahoe Sierra Multiple Listing Service (TSMLS).
Year-to-date summaries are based on information from the Tahoe Sierra Board of Realtors (TSMLS).
Due to TSMLS reporting methods and allowable reporting policy, this data is only informational and may not be completely accurate. Therefore, Laura Allen, or Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage does not guarantee the data’s accuracy.
Data maintained by the TSMLS’s may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.
All information is deemed to be reliable, but is subject to change, modification, and/or correction without prior notice.
If your property is currently listed for sale, or you have an active Buyer Representation Agreement, this is not intended as a solicitation.
Want to learn more about Tahoe Donner?
- What is the Tahoe Donner Property Inspection Program?
- Can I fence in my Tahoe Donner Home?
- 9 Tahoe Donner Second Home Buyer Tips!
- Why Buy a Home in Tahoe Donner?
- Tahoe Donner Home Values | 2018
- Tahoe Donner Home Values | 2017
- What is my Home worth in Tahoe Donner | Market Update 2016
- North Lake Tahoe – Truckee Home Values | Market Report – Year End 2018
- North Lake Tahoe – Truckee Home Values | Market Report – Mid Year 2018
- North Lake Tahoe – Truckee Home Values | Market Report – 2017
- North Lake Tahoe – Truckee Condo Townhome Values | Market Report – Year End 2018
- North Lake Tahoe – Truckee Condo Townhome Values | Market Report – Mid Year 2018
- North Lake Tahoe – Truckee Condo Townhome Values | Market Report – 2017