What is my home worth in Homewood | 2016
What is my home worth in Homewood? Market conditions have changed in the past few years. Check out the current over-all market real estate data as of 02-22-2016 to get a better idea of the Homewood real estate market conditions.
Real Estate Market Activity for Homewood, California as of 02-22-2016:
- Number of Homes Sold in Homewood – 2015: 45
- Median Average Sold Sales Price in Homewood for 2015: $620,000
- Average Sold Sales Price in Homewood for 2015: $1,235,056
- Sold Price Range in Homewood: $230,000 – $9,950,000
- Average Sold Median Sales Price to Sold Median List Price Ratio for 2015 in Homewood: 98.5%
- Average Days on Market (DOM) in Homewood – 2015: 132 DOM
- Number of Active and Available Homes for Sale in Homewood as of 02-22-2016: 7
- Pending Sales in Homewood 02-22-2016: 2
- Number of Distressed Sales – Court Approval, Short Sales, or REO Bank Foreclosures in Homewood Available for Sale as of 02-22-2016: 0
The demand for cabins and mountain homes in the Homewood area is strong because of the wonderful small-town Tahoe lifestyle it offers. The limited supply of homes, or condos built-in this area automatically limits the ability to get into this community!
Homewood, CA is a small West Lake Tahoe community. Homewood is best known for its great, local downhill skiing at the Homewood Ski Resort (learn more about the Homewood Master Plan Here), which offers stunning views of Lake Tahoe as you ride down the hill, but it is also known for its pine tree-lined streets, small neighborhoods, and close proximity to the Sugar Pine Point State Park, Chambers Landing, and it is just a few miles south of Tahoe City making it an excellent location on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe .
The Homewood area has great hiking, biking (dirt/off road and paved trails), world-class skiing both downhill and cross country skiing at near-by Sugar Pine Point State Park is home to the biathlon from the 1960 Winter Olympics, and is a great place to just kick back and have a BBQ on your deck!
Are you ready to find out what your Homewood home is worth? Just click on the link below and you will be asked to provide us with some information on your Homewood property and I will get you a complete home market valuation report.
While instant home values and market estimates are a growing trend, the reason you’re here is you know most of those instant home values for the Homewood area that you find on-line are not accurate, and when it comes to money, accuracy matters!
Let’s take the time to make sure we have the right data and information on your Homewood property, before we provide a real market valuation estimate for your home.
We know that each Homewood property is unique and we want to make sure your mountain home gets all of the credit and value it deserves for all of those special features.
Homewood homes in general are selling quickly. You’ll find that Homewood homes that are in demand have several characteristics in common:
- Well cared for property inside and out – good maintenance
- Upgraded and/or updated having features found in newer construction homes
- Clean, uncluttered, inviting with mountain charm
- Easy to show at all times
- Priced in the Fair Market Value range according to the current market conditions
What can make your Homewood mountain home or cabin stand-out from the rest? What are the hot-button features Tahoe Second Home Buyers are looking to find?
- Kitchen – Newer Updated/Upgraded: solid granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances
- Open Floor Plan – The open, great room concept is in demand here
- Hardwood floors in the main living areas
- Bathrooms – Newer Updated/Upgraded
- Energy Efficiency – newer windows, smart home technology, well maintained mechanics
- BMP Certificate – Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) Best Management Practices (BMP) Work
- Current Sewer Certificate – TCPUD
- Clear Section I and Section II Pest Report
- Fireplace – Gas Log, or Wood Burning in the living room
- Garage – Two car preferred, but one car will do (even a carport is a plus)
- Mountain – Cabin vibe
- Optional Home Owner Association (HOA) for Lake Tahoe recreational water access and amenities – beach, pier, buoy rental option
- Backs to, or is next to open space
- Lake Views
If you’re thinking of selling your Homewood home it will be more valuable if your property has any of these updates, and/or features.
As a Homewood Seller did you know that more than 92%+ of home buyers will begin their home search on the internet? Now, more than ever your mountain home needs to have the best on-line exposure, presentation, and coverage possible.
On-line marketing is so much more than just entering your property data and a few photos in the Tahoe Sierra Multiple Listing Service (TSMLS). Internet marketing is far more advanced than just having limited, or incomplete property profile data/information, with poor home photos syndicated out to a few mega real estate websites.
Long gone are the days of only putting in the bare minimum property information details with the hope that buyers will call your agent to get their questions answered. Serious buyers view an on-line listing with limited and/or incomplete information as a negative, and that the property may have something to hide.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Provide as much information and property details as you can on your property. The more, the better!
You may not have thought about how important your first position photo is to a potential buyer, but the Internet has become your very first showing to home buyers. It is critical that your first photo have on-line curb appeal and sends the right message about your property!
Every time your home is viewed on-line that Tahoe buyer is making that critical first impression decision on whether or not to have your Homewood home on their short list of properties to see when they come to Lake Tahoe.
Tahoe Seller Tip – Only use the best photographs to market your Tahoe Property!
To achieve the broadest world-wide Internet marketing exposure and presence, your Homewood property needs a combination of a fully completed TSMLS property profile, social media, blogging, and video exposure. Experienced real estate agents that understand a strong on-line marketing plan when combined with other key traditional home marketing strategies can really make a difference in getting the word out about your Homewood home for sale.
Do you want to know if your Tahoe Real Estate Agent understands how Internet Marketing works? Just check out where Laura Allen with her own real estate website ranks on Google Page 1 for the internet search “Homes for Sale in Homewood”.
- Tahoe Pines
- Tahoe Swiss Village
- McKinney Shores
- Chamberland (Chambers Landing area)
Thinking about making the the West Shore of Lake Tahoe your second home?
- Tahoe City West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- Homewood Homes for Sale
- Meeks Bay Homes for Sale
- Rubicon Bay Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Homes for Sale
- Tahoma Condos for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Condos for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
What is my home worth in Homewood?