Why Buy a Second Home in Dollar Point Tahoe City?
Why buy a second home in Dollar Point Tahoe City is a question I often get from my Truckee – North Lake Tahoe second home buyers that are considering all of the different Tahoe Resort communities as options.
Why buy a second home in Dollar Point Tahoe City?
Answer: Location | Amenities | Lifestyle
Dollar Point is a well-known, aspirational single family neighborhood in the greater Tahoe City, North Shore of Lake Tahoe area!
This lake-side neighborhood is very desirable and only has 569 parcels, of which approximately 39 are lakefront properties.
In addition to the Dollar Point subdivision being a relatively small neighborhood, you’ll find wide streets and a number of properties with flat lots and driveways.
About 40% of the properties have some type of view of Lake Tahoe, and the homes in the subdivision are larger in size, but there are a few smaller cabin style homes.
Dollar Point home owners have the option to join and be members in Dollar Point Association (DPA). The DPA is an optional, voluntary recreational association that is available to property owners located within the Dollar Point subdivision.
Dollar Point Home Owner Amenities Include:
- Aquatics | A seasonal pool, with lanes roped off for lap swimming.
- Beach | Gated sandy Lake Tahoe beach access for owners. This area has the homeowner pier on it, along with bathrooms, and beach chairs/umbrellas (season availability), along with a BBQ area.
- Pier | A pier located by the Dollar Point sandy beach area. In the past they have had a seasonal pier attendant.
- Buoys | Dollar Point has a buoy field providing mooring access for owners. See Buoy rules for more information.
- Bocce Ball | Seasonal – Courts
- Tennis | Seasonal – Two locations: three (3) courts by the pool area and two (2) courts lakeside by the private beach area.
- Playground Equipment | Seasonal – Playground equipment is located next to the pool and tennis court area.
Dollar Point is easy to get to on a year-around basis. It is close to Tahoe City, but it is also close to Kings Beach.
Home owners will find they are also close to Northstar Ski Resort, along with Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley Ski resorts.
When Buyers look at the homes for sale in Dollar Point they will find the selection of luxury homes is limited when compared to other neighborhoods. Finding Dollar Point homes for sale under $1 million will also be a challenge.
While Dollar Point is a premiere Lake Tahoe recreational amenity neighborhood.
While Dollar Point is a luxury neighborhood, the annual Dollar Point home owner fee is very reasonable for the services offered and provided.
- For 2017, the annual Dollar Point HOA fee is $880/year with a $2,550 transfer fee between Buyers and Sellers. There is a $25,000 buy-in if a property want to join that is located in the subdivision.
Most of my Tahoe Second home owners know where they want to buy and can easily select the North Lake Tahoe area they want to focus on, but sometimes they want options and alternatives.
Sometimes it can be over-whelming when it comes to deciding on which North Shore of Lake Tahoe resort community is going to be the best one for you.
Is it Dollar Point, or perhaps Agate Bay, Cedar Flat, or one of the near-by Tahoe City West Shore area resort communities like Tahoe Sierra Estates, or the Lake Tahoe Park area?
As a Tahoe REALTOR® that specializes in working with Truckee – North Lake Tahoe second home Buyers and Sellers, it is not uncommon for my buyers to find themselves asking, which community is best for me.
While there are no wrong choices here, there are some questions you can ask yourself that may help you focus your Tahoe property second home search.
Here is a quick list of items I suggest Tahoe Second home owners consider as they start the process of figuring out which Tahoe resort community will be best for them:
- Home price | What you are hoping to spend on the property? Include repairs, improvements, and/or upgrades.
- On-going HOA annual fee requirements – do you have financial restrictions, or a budget you want to keep?
- Are you prepared for potential assessments?
- What Tahoe recreational interests are most important to you? Lake Tahoe private beach access, pier access, buoy access, pool, tennis, hiking, biking, skiing (is there a resort you favor over the others), cross-county, golfing, and/or support services like restaurants/shops/professional lessons/child care?
- Location – North Lake Tahoe versus one of the ski resorts (ski-in/ski-out), or being over in greater Truckee area
- Large HOA membership, or smaller, more exclusive HOA membership
As my Tahoe Buyers go through the list of questions and create their answers to them, they will find the right direction for their Tahoe property search and the best place to buy.
As a Tahoe second home Buyer, or Seller you are going to have a number of questions, and I’m here to get you more information and answers. Let me know how I can help you too!
- Dollar Point Homes for Sale
- Dollar Point Homes for Sale under $1 million
- Dollar Point Homes for Sale under $2 million
- Luxury Homes for Sale Dollar Point Tahoe City
- Dollar Point Lakefront Homes for Sale
- New Construction/newer construction Homes for Sale in Dollar Point
- Dollar Point Lots and Land For Sale
- Dollar Point newer construction homes in Tahoe City, California.
Thinking about making Tahoe City, California your second home? Check out the homes that are for sale in Tahoe City here:
Want to see what condos are for sale in Tahoe City? Here are the current listings:
- Tahoe City Homes for Sale
- Tahoe City Condos for Sale
- Tahoe City Lakefront Homes for Sale
- Lake Tahoe Lakefront Homes for Sale
- North Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
- West Shore Lake Tahoe Homes for Sale
For all of your Tahoe real estate needs –
All information is deemed reliable, but is subject to change, and/or correction without notice.
Why Buy a Second Home in Dollar Point Tahoe City?